WakeDoc

HOW TO: Take Down/Put Up Gladiator Tower Bimini

WakeDoc    471

This is how we take the Galdiator Tower Bimini down after using it, reverse the process for how to put it up. Once you are used to putting it up and taking it down it can be a one person job but, for the first couple of times I suggest you have another person help especially on a windy day.

Galdiator Tower Bimini ready to use.

gallery_66_187_42275.jpg

Another view of the Galdiator Tower Bimini ready to use.

gallery_66_187_14119.jpg

Undo velcro flaps.

gallery_66_187_1377.jpg

Once removed from bar reattach velcro flap.

gallery_66_187_32521.jpg

Remove both front legs from the anchor bracket.

gallery_66_187_25876.jpg

Fold front assembly back gently resting it against the tower.

gallery_66_187_75012.jpg

Another view of the front assembly resting against the tower.

gallery_66_187_66985.jpg

Once folded back be sure to pull the bimini over the tow spool/anchor light.

gallery_66_187_20825.jpg

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 2

WakeDoc    471

Bimini after it is pulled above the tow spool/anchor light.

gallery_66_187_45985.jpg

Slide rear hoop out, remove both support legs and place in pouch on cover.

gallery_66_187_74683.jpg

Support legs removed from rear hoop

gallery_66_187_44359.jpg

Slowly/carfully pull the front assemble forward pulling the rear hoop with it, careful not to let the bimini opening fall back around the tow spool/anchor light and do not let the hoop side completely over the tower and fall on you. Snap the starboard side front support leg back into the anchor point.

gallery_66_187_7218.jpg

Another view of the front assembly with starboard side leg attached to the anchor point.

gallery_66_187_37955.jpg

Bring the hoop over and rest it on top of the front assembly, matching it to the profile/curve of the front frame/assembly. Be sure to side the ends of the hoop out of the bimini, sliding the bimini canvas towards the center

gallery_66_187_17095.jpg

Roll the bimini around the hoop and front assembly.

gallery_66_187_25187.jpg

Fold front port side leg up with bimini and start the storage boot zipper, the corner of the boot will help determine where it is located, overall the boot needs to be close to centered.

gallery_66_187_5647.jpg

WakeDoc    471

Continue to tuck the bimini into the boot as you work towards the starboard side of the bimini, careful not to zip the tie down straps into the boot.

gallery_66_187_16472.jpg

Before zipping he boot to the end of the bimini the starboard side leg must be removed and folded up with the bimini, the bimini can be slowly lowered and gently rested against the tower or rested on your shoulder freeing both your hands.

gallery_66_187_10335.jpg

The bimini fully zipped up inside the boot.

gallery_66_187_61891.jpg

The tie down straps are just long enough to go around the tower and bimini twice and buckle, look at the straps to understand which way to wrap them.

gallery_66_187_7766.jpg

A view of the tie down straps from the rear of the bimini.

gallery_66_187_38461.jpg

We use a bungee cord with a ball on the end on each side to ensure the boot is tight around the bimini.

gallery_66_187_5492.jpg

Tuck the boot around the rear hoop and front assemly and secure with bungee, this keeps the rear hoop from being able to come into contact with the tower, possibly scratching it and the boot from filling with air and flapping possibly doing damage to it while towing.

gallery_66_187_33447.jpg

Bimini strapped down and ready for travel.

gallery_66_187_7972.jpg

Thanks to WakeDiva for taking the pictures in the heat of the day and the tree that povided shade.

Bongo Fury    640

Great Post!!!

Anyone have anything similar for a Double Up Tower?

Dewey    0

Doc,

This is a very helpfull post . I needed a post like this three months ago. I got my top to work, but when I have it up, I sit there and think " How far should that measure ?" I dont think i have the adjustable bracket in the right location.

post-946-1278459717_thumb.jpg

WakeDoc    471

Whatever mine was from the factory, I will measure it next time I have it up.

Dewey    0

Doc

Mine did not come from the factory. I had the dealer order it and they put on , but it would not close up. They put the smaller front bar on backward meaning the ends were facing towards the stern. I don't think I'm front adjustment brackets were never in the right place. Thanks !!

Red Falcon    1

I second Bongo Fury, any one has the details on the Double up tower bimini.

• Like 1

IROCNParts    108

mine came assembled wrong when I bought it

I just realized it last week and fixed it

enzo on LI    79

I just got a bimini for my Evolution tower last week and put a post up questioning whether or not it can be towed down the road when wrapped in its boot and leaned against and strapped to the tower. I believe Top recommended not doing this...anyone else have any experience with this., I really wish I could leave it on the tower as opposed to taking it completely off and laying in bottom of the boat. But for now I am playing the better safe than sorry game. Thanks in advance.

WakeDoc    471

We have towed with ours strapped to the tower everytime since we took delivery of the new boat. The only thing I would suggest is to put the bungees around the ends of the cover to keep them from flapping. I would not tow with it up unless you are not going very far or fast.

WakeDoc    471

Bump for Silversurfer who was looking for this post, been awhile so it might help some others out as well.

enzo on LI    79

Have been towing boat with Bimini attached to the tower since Docs recommendation...zero problems

Dreamer    96

I am just opening up the bimini on my gladiator tower for the first time and have a question. The lower legs on the front section are adjustable. Should the button be in the first, second or third hole (pic below). If both sides are in the shortest length hole my bimini is crooked. The front rail slopes to the port side. Do I adjust until level and not worry about matching lengths?

RVR-RAT    269

I put mine on the first hole and bimini is level.

Dreamer    96

Here is my bimini with the horizontal and angled legs in their shortest setting. The canvas on the top is not super tight.

Dreamer    96

This is with both legs extended all the way. The canvas seems the tightest.

Edited by Dreamer

Nick213    583

I don't have that bimini but when I first got my boat mine seemed to tight too but after a few times of use it stretched.

Dreamer    96

Comparing the outside pictures of the two different fittings the big difference is when the legs are pushed to their longest settings the bimini canvas is the flattest at the front.

I think it looks closest to Wakedoc's setup with the legs extended.

Bongo Fury    640

Dreamer.....It took us a while to figure it out and get our routine down....we run with ours in the third hole (tightest position) We also decided not to put the legs back in the cover when we closed it. We put the legs in a pool cue looking cover my wife put together and store it in a locker. We felt they rattled to much when underway when stored in the cover ( I know we are probably doing something wrong), not to mention its easier for us to put the cover back on without the legs inside.

Edited by Bongo Fury
  • Like 1