CrewAdmin

HOW TO: Add a photo to a post

stoked    1,039
Is there any reason why we can't link to imgur any longer? I'm a supporting member and thought I was able to upload my own images but for close to a year it's been telling me I'm over my allotted disk space for uploads, so the only other option I've had is to click the 'tree' icon and paste in the imgur URL. Now it's telling me that the admin won't allow linking to that site.

What are my other options at this point?

Tried to PM you but it says you can't receive any new messages. Basically they stopped allowing it last week, admin says it leads to broken links which hurts the ranking of the site.

You can still use Tapatalk to upload images and videos. Don't know if they're going to shut down YouTube or Vimeo, you'd think they would be in the same boat

DarksideR    1,679

This was brought up recently. Imgur photos weren't kept up to date by the users so it was leaving blank photos in usually older threads. So the option was removed. Tapatalk is really the best option if you're using a mobile device to upload.

ReSession    165

Is there any way to just upload pics to the CenturionCrew server or once you've maxed out your allotment, is that it? I had thought being a Supporting Member alleviated the cap?

CrewAdmin    192

Is there any reason why we can't link to imgur any longer? I'm a supporting member and thought I was able to upload my own images but for close to a year it's been telling me I'm over my allotted disk space for uploads, so the only other option I've had is to click the 'tree' icon and paste in the imgur URL. Now it's telling me that the admin won't allow linking to that site.

What are my other options at this point?

The reason you have been having issues and over you allotted disk space is due to your supporting membership expiring in June 2015. While we appreciate you being a supporting member in the past you have not been one since then.

Is there any way to just upload pics to the CenturionCrew server or once you've maxed out your allotment, is that it? I had thought being a Supporting Member alleviated the cap?

Once a member has used their bandwidth they must become a supporting member to post images. See next post for more details.

CrewAdmin    192

EVERYONE please read the following.

In the off season this past year we were looking at analytics from the site and noticed a high number broken links. When researching the broken links in the threads we found most of the issues were caused by images hosted at another website being removed. Over time most likely members needed the space on photobucket etc. or did not care about the images and deleted them. This leaves a dead image link/missing image in the thread which all but, renders the thread useless and hurts the sites ranking. Since we have no control over these images it was decided in the best interest of the site for images to be posted they should be hosted on the site either in the gallery and linked or by posting as an attachment in the thread. At this time we created a blacklist of hosting sites that are not allowed to be used for hosting/linking photos to the site. Supporting members have no restrictions on their bandwidth or photo hosting. If you are a supporting member and have an issue uploading an image, the resolution is most likely to high and needs to be reduced by re-sizing the image. When uploading images, the best size is 800 pixels wide. When adding images to a thread they show up as a thumbnail, when a user clicks on the thumbnail the picture expands to the full size it was loaded as. The issues with pictures is simple, a typical picture from a SLR camera is normally between 4 and 12mb, an 800 pixel wide image is usually around 50kb, so the site can host 200 images at 800 pixels wide with at a size of 50kb in place of a single 10mb image. It would take 2gb to host 200 images 10mb in size which is enough hard drive space to host 40,000 images at 50kb. This is not even taking into account the server speed if everyone were downloading 10mb image files compared to 50kb image files, this all has a lot to do with the server and over all quality of the site.
We are trying to do what we feel is right for the overall community. If anyone would like to feel free to PM the CrewAdmin to discuss ideas and options.
  • Like 2

rockballer    162

This was brought up recently. Imgur photos weren't kept up to date by the users so it was leaving blank photos in usually older threads. So the option was removed. Tapatalk is really the best option if you're using a mobile device to upload.

My Tapatalk App doesn't allow me to upload photos.

The resizing pictures link How To also doesn't work in this thread.

Just used this Link to resize my photos.

https://www.easy-resize.com

DarksideR    1,679

e34fb86bf90fbcbb0f4799851a477c67.jpg

Tapatalk seems to work just fine.

Click the + then the ⛰ then select your photo from library.

rockballer    162

Shows up as a hot mess though on the interweb.

How you able to post pictures full size?

post-6219-0-88449900-1470235236_thumb.png

volzalum    280

They do show up as full size. You just have to click on them. They stay thumbnail size in the actual post.

rockballer    162

How do you use the (VIEW NEW CONTENT)?

Every time I click on it, it only shows one old thread.... even though there are lots of new ones since last log in?

post-6219-0-09563400-1470238228_thumb.png

DarksideR    1,679

How do you use the (VIEW NEW CONTENT)?

Every time I click on it, it only shows one old thread.... even though there are lots of new ones since last log in?

Left side column. Highlight the appropriate one. I use "past week".

WakeDoc    471

Click View New Post Item-1, On left side determine a By time period, I use Past Year Item-2, Next click View New Post Item-1, see attachment

8-4-2016 10-02-50 AM.png