RVR-RAT    269
Welcome to the site . Did you try to run the boat and notice if there was a loss of power or were not able to get up to speed, if so your impeller is bad and is not creating enough suction your warning horn will go off and basically sound warning or shut down high rpm to protect the the engine from overheating . Do you have any idea when the impeller has been changed.

Opz    0

I'm guessing that the sensor can go bad, as a previous post said. I changed the impeller and the old one was intact and didn't look that bad, but I changed it anyway. I gotta get the code read, but I'm bettin that's it. Still feels like it's runnin strong, but at 90% it would be hard to tell.

Wake it Up!    1

Yeah, Im sure that is what I need. The fault is in the sensor, not the actual pressure of my impeller though. But I just need the part number.

Wake it Up!    1

Just went and pulled said sensor off the motor, ran this part number, 881879-3 and came up with "sensor, water press". So Im sure I removed the right component. It is listed under a new part number from Mercury though, 881879010. I hope this helps someone in the future. Thanks for all your help guys and I will let you know if it all gets fixed when I get all my parts in.

Wake it Up!    1

I got the tester from Rinda Technologies and for 399 plus shipping. Here is the link to their website.

http://www.rinda.com/

I just gave them a call, told them what I have and they fixed me up with the proper harness adapter.

ding ding ding. I knew that is what it was...One thing to check is after you replace the sensor, take the hose off the right side, (on the inlet side) and make sure there is no trash in there. There was in mine and that may have been what cause it to go bad...I would not think it would but who knows

Wake it Up!    1
ding ding ding. I knew that is what it was...One thing to check is after you replace the sensor, take the hose off the right side, (on the inlet side) and make sure there is no trash in there. There was in mine and that may have been what cause it to go bad...I would not think it would but who knows

You nailed it... I will look and make sure there isnt any garbage in there. Thanks for the heads up.

Wake it Up!    1

Replaced the sensor and all is good now. Boat is running 100% and no warning horns. Thanks for the help guys.

Opz    0

Where exactly was the block pressure sensor located? What's it look like?

Wake it Up!    1
Where exactly was the block pressure sensor located? What's it look like?

It is on the back side of the motor toward the front of the boat in a cylinder like apparatus that you can tell is for water, fairly close to the top side of the motor as well. Hope that helps.

bamacpa    0

Can you tell me where you ordered your sensor from and how much it was? Thanks.

Enzo101    0

I had the same thing happen to mine and I replaced it. $109 bucks for it. So question I have is how do you reset the code? I have no idea if the boat is running at 90%. I have the 8.1 liter motor so how can you tell if its running at reduced horse power?

Wake it Up!    1
Can you tell me where you ordered your sensor from and how much it was? Thanks.

boats.net, and it was 80 bucks.

I had the same thing happen to mine and I replaced it. $109 bucks for it. So question I have is how do you reset the code? I have no idea if the boat is running at 90%. I have the 8.1 liter motor so how can you tell if its running at reduced horse power?

I ordered the handheld tool as mentioned earlier in the post and used it to clear the code and it will tell you what percent power your engine is running at.

bprobertson    8

For what it is worth, when I bought a 2005 avy as well and I had similar problems. The problem that i had was with my faria pilot one gauge. I called called around as well asked around, and if you have a faria pilot one gauge, they are notorious for not measuring volts properly. I was told by multiple people that there is no easy fix to his problem, as long as you are sure that your alternator is fine, you can go ahead and just turn off your pilot one, get it replaced under warranty or put in a new gauge all together. If you'd like i can give you the names and numbers of the people that I talked to about this.

Packrat    13

Hey JaxCenturion, you said there was some junk in the inlet line when you pulled it off. I am getting the Beep Beep too. Any chance that just cleaning out the inlet line of whatever is in there might stop the beeping? Also is there water or oil in the inlet line. I was in some heavy milfoil by accident any chance it could get sucked up into this location?

Thanks

Packrat    13

I wonder if pulling the sensor wire off to eliminate the beep would be ok until you get a new sensor assuming it is only a faulty sensor.

Water runs through the sensor, not oil. So your good to pull it apart. If it is beeping, pulling the wire will not do anything. It is a 3 or 4 wire switch. I even had my mechanic try to by pass it and it cant be done with out a ton of figuring out whats going on...When that sensor goes out, it puts your boat into 90% power mode (guardian) it sucks! Mine ran like a POS what that happened. If it is bad call mercury and see if they have them, when I needed it, it was back ordered for 3 months. If you cant get it, get in contact with me, my mechanic told me he had access to 30 of them that were instock where ever he orders parts from.. Once you get it replaced, the codes will have to be cleared with a lap top hooked to the motor

hope this helps

Packrat    13

Well I ended up with that annoying beep beep while on my yearly vacation. I read this thread and Jaxcenturion's diagnosis and went to the local Centurion Dealer Bob Feil in Wenatchee. Not only did they work me in that day they had the sensor in stock which they were able to look up quickly with jaxcenturion's number! (It was the new replacement number)My labor cost was minimal as they went right to the sensor first and I gave them the code and it matched on their laptop and they cleared the codes. Thanks to Jaxcenturion for doing the legwork on this one. No more beep beep. I picked up the boat after the mechanic had left so I was wondering if anyone might have a picture of the intake side of the sensor where Jaxcenturion said to check for "junk" in the line. I am also going to try a product I found there called "Liquid Rollers" I guess which will slicken up the bunks.