Wake it Up!    1

I have recently purchased a 2005 Avlanche C4 and I'm new to the whole V-Drive system. My last boat was an inboard/outboard. Anyway, today while pulling some tubers, it was probably 95 degrees outside with 90 degree water on the surface. When all the sudden, the warning horn went BEEP....BEEP, then there was silence for a few minutes, then BEEP...BEEP again. The water temp is normal, oil pressure is fine, both at idle and higher RPMS, Volts seem a little low at 12.5 ish, and fuel qty is fine. Vdrive light goes out like it is supposed to, and all fluids are good. I pulled the boat out of the water, didnt want to chance it. Does anyone know what this might be? Could my alternator be going? Any ideas? Thanks again.

islander033    2

welcome to the site and post up your ride!

Your volts do seem a bit low.....Were your battery(s) fully charged prior to hitting the water? Do you have a volt meter that you can check the voltage right at the alternator?

Do you have a depth gauge with alarms set on it?

RVR-RAT    269

Welcome to the site . Did you try to run the boat and notice if there was a loss of power or were not able to get up to speed, if so your impeller is bad and is not creating enough suction your warning horn will go off and basically sound warning or shut down high rpm to protect the the engine from overheating . Do you have any idea when the impeller has been changed.

Bigcatpt    408

Like Rvr rat said.... first make sure your impeller is ok. Overheating is bad juju...

Wake it Up!    1
welcome to the site and post up your ride!

Your volts do seem a bit low.....Were your battery(s) fully charged prior to hitting the water? Do you have a volt meter that you can check the voltage right at the alternator?

Do you have a depth gauge with alarms set on it?

Welcome to the site . Did you try to run the boat and notice if there was a loss of power or were not able to get up to speed, if so your impeller is bad and is not creating enough suction your warning horn will go off and basically sound warning or shut down high rpm to protect the the engine from overheating . Do you have any idea when the impeller has been changed.

Like Rvr rat said.... first make sure your impeller is ok. Overheating is bad juju...

Batteries were fully charged. I cycled through both of them and the beeping persisted. I had it on the water from 10 am to about 430 when the beeping started. The volts were closer to 13 for the whole day prior to the beeping. After the beeping, they were a little lower. I do have a vlotmeter, and I figured I would hook it up to a hose and check that first. I also have a depth gauge but we were in deep water all day.(50"300")

The boat still performed as normal, no loss of power, just beep beep evert couple of minutes. The engine temp never got above limits.

Im not rulling the impeller out all together, but the previous owner gave me another one, and said that he always had a new one put in every winter, while keeping one for a spare.

Thanks for all your inputs. Im going to start with the checking the charging system wires and alternator.

Kevin Baugh    78

It could also be a depth finder alarm going off

h20king    794

could also be the perfect pass if you have one it needs to see a constant 12 volts or the display will reset and beep as well

It is the "Block Pressure Sensor" or "Water Flow Sensor"..It is right above the V-Drive unit and it screws into the oil cooler. Mine has gone bad 3 times now, luckly all under warranty. It is a $109 Sensor and mercury has had them on back order now for over 2 months. I stumbled into a local mercury shop that had one in stock... Let me know if that is it...

The code that is in the computer is "blk psi"...It will also put the motor in guardian mode once it goes bad so your motor will be at 90%

jquick    0

just like what kevin said it possibly can be your depth finder alarm. the depth finder has two alarms, one for when its shallow and for when it reads over 199 ft.

Wake it Up!    1

OK, so I got it hooked up to the hose today so I could run it and check the alternator and what not. Got my tester on it and it reads 14.5 volts, so the alternator is good. Went to the batteries, they too are at 14.5. But my volt gauge on the boat reads 10. It jumps around from 10 to 12. When it is at 12, the perfect pass is fine, but when it goes to ten it freaks out. That makes sense if the perfect pass doesnt get 12 volts and freaks out. What doesnt make sense is why my gauge reads 10-12 when all the other power sources read 14.5. Is there an electrical sensor that could be bad? Plus where does the perfect pass get its power? Could it just be the gauge? I unhooked the gauge and tested the power back there and it was also 10 volts, but Im not sure what the volts should be to the gauge itself. This pooh is pissing me off. Im pretty positive the horn has something to do with the low volts at the gauge though. Just dont know what could be making it low if the power from the batteries and the alternator are good. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks guys.

Joe B    17

I had a combo of beeps when i got my boat. 2 things fixed it and not sure if it was one or the other:

added a 2nd battery and it clearned up my PP issues. Oil was half on the dipstick and topping off the fluids took care of the rest of the beeps. That's all I got.

islander033    2
...... Got my tester on it and it reads 14.5 volts, so the alternator is good. Went to the batteries, they too are at 14.5. But my volt gauge on the boat reads 10. It jumps around from 10 to 12. When it is at 12, the perfect pass is fine, but when it goes to ten it freaks out. That makes sense if the perfect pass doesnt get 12 volts and freaks out.......

At least you are getting the issue narrowed down....all I can say is to keep tracing until you find the bad component.

I had a bad amp that made my gauge show 12V......I pulled it out and now my gauge is always between 13.5 and 14V. But now I have more stereo work to do -_-

Edited by islander033

Wake it Up!    1

So I ordered the handheld Mecruiser tester and it will be here on Thursday. Problem is, I couldnt be patient enough to just wait for it....I was told by a couple service techs that I could have got some bad fuel, so I changed the fuel/water seperator filter. After I put on the new filter, started it up, it ran for about thirty seconds then slowly died. I just figured that there might be some air in the fuel lines, so I turned the key off and on a few times to prime it. No go...so I checked to make sure the boost pump is supplying pressure by cracking the filter loose a bit and sure enough, there is gas leaking out when I turn the key on. I checked the volts on the high pressure pump/fuel cooler power plug and it is getting a full 12 volts both when the key is on and when cranking. Im going to fab up some jumper leads and put 12 volts directly to the pump seperately and see if I can hear it running. I know its a fuel issue because if I spray some starter fluid on the flame arrestor, it fires right up then dies. That means both spark and air are there, just no fuel. If the pump is good, then I am at a loss. I guess it gould also be a fuel pressure regulator. Is there any thing Im not thinking of? Im a pretty mechanical guy and this is starting to really frustrate me. Would an air bubble cause the pump to die? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I had the engine guardian beeping after my first oil change, would only run at 90% power but couldn't tell the difference really... after a couple hours of checking the fluids, electrical etc, I found the plug right above the oil filter had been un-plugged. Plugged her back in and beepin went away

When you changed the fuel\water sep - did you fill it before putting it back on?

Wake it Up!    1
I had the engine guardian beeping after my first oil change, would only run at 90% power but couldn't tell the difference really... after a couple hours of checking the fluids, electrical etc, I found the plug right above the oil filter had been un-plugged. Plugged her back in and beepin went away

When you changed the fuel\water sep - did you fill it before putting it back on?

I filled it, but Im sure some air still got in the system.

wildwilly    0

I take it you have two batteries do you have a switch or an isolater?

My thought was if you have an isolater it will charge whichever battery needs it the most and maybe when it is not charging battery that perfect pass runs off of it may show a lower voltage and that is what makes perfect pass beep?

I had a rv once that had a isolater, house battery always was favored by isolater and would make motor run like crap when travelling. I finally had to do away with isolater.

Edited by wildwilly

Opz    0

I'm new here and new to a 2003 sport bowrider. I'm watching this because I have the same beep beep problem. All the fluids are fine, oil pressure and temp are good. Not sure, but it don't go away. Boat runs strong other than that beep! I got a pretty good deal on the boat, and its a repo, so I'm working through its problems. Running strong now, or seems to be, after cap/rotor/plugs/wires/impeller/etc, replacement. I'm assuming it's been beeping for awhile, as the previous owner has taped up the beeper so it's not very loud, lol. Anyway, I'm watching and hoping you figure it out, cause I need a solution too!! :unworthy: I need to get it scanned I guess, but haven't been able to find someone to do it.

Mike

Wake it Up!    1
I'm new here and new to a 2003 sport bowrider. I'm watching this because I have the same beep beep problem. All the fluids are fine, oil pressure and temp are good. Not sure, but it don't go away. Boat runs strong other than that beep! I got a pretty good deal on the boat, and its a repo, so I'm working through its problems. Running strong now, or seems to be, after cap/rotor/plugs/wires/impeller/etc, replacement. I'm assuming it's been beeping for awhile, as the previous owner has taped up the beeper so it's not very loud, lol. Anyway, I'm watching and hoping you figure it out, cause I need a solution too!! :surfing2: I need to get it scanned I guess, but haven't been able to find someone to do it.

Mike

Im getting my handheld diagnostic tool in tomorrow sometime. I also think that after the fuel/water seperator filter change, my high pressure fuel pump pooh the bed. Guess it might have just been on its last legs and the little bit work it had to do to purge the system sent it over the edge. I took it out today to bench test it and it barely put out any pressure and got really hot. So Im in the process of ordering one of those. But hopefully after I hook up the diagnostic tool, I can find what really started this whole mess in the first place. Found these yesterday as well. They are links to download the Mercruiser Service Manual and Diagnostic Manual for out Black Scorpion Motors.

http://www.4shared.com/file/119353633/70c4..._Manual_31.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/137527284/f35c..._Rev_1_SBC.html

I know these were a big help. Plus saves you from having to buy them. I will keep you all posted.

Wake it Up!    1

Got my diagnostic tool on it today and it was the Block Pressue Sensor. Fault 37 "BLK PSI CT LO". Cant find the part number for the sensor anywhere and called mercury and the guy I talked to didnt know either. Any one have this and have the part number handy?

David    0

Its slow today at work so i thought i would do some searching and see what i could find. I came across this on another site.

"Block Pressure refers to seawater pump system pressure. Meaning you may have a restricted intake or bad impellor or something. The sensor is located on the transmission cooler at the back of the engine. Normal pressure at idle as 1 to 3 PSI, and you should get about 15 PSI at WOT."

http://www.marineengine.com/boat-forum/sho...ad.php?t=191586

maybe this will help.