Big Po

Possibly Good News!

MANDC    0

Big Po. I thought your budget was around 30000. The only reason I say this is because if you are now up in the mid forties it will open up a whole new realm of boats. Possibly even some new leftovers.

Big Po    1

It was at $30K-$35K....and I still don't want to spend over $40K tax and all.....but I am fixing to pay my truck off b/c I didn't realize how close I was on getting her paid off. I called the bank and they told me the amount, and I was like "WHOA! I didn't know I was that far ahead!"

So, now I've decided that I can splurge a bit more and spend a bit more than I was originally wanting.

Which, yes, like you said...Opens up a whole different realm of boats.

I thought about offering him $37,500.....and seeing if he'll take it.

If not, the most I'll go is $40K out the door...That way I don't go upside down in the boat's value vs. what I would owe.

Edited by Big Po

David    0

If you are still looking for financing I have had great luck with Selco Community Credit Union. They have very reasonable loan rates. I believe my interest rate is around 7% for our used elite. Not sure what size of down they will require.

www.selco.org

Big Po    1

I'll check them out David.

Thanks

Big Po    1

The people just called me and asked was I still interested in the boat... LOL!

I told them yeah, for the right price. And that I wasn't paying over $40K tops.

Hopefully they'll call back with good news. And I'll be going to test drive sometime this week...

Does $40K sound like a pretty good price for a decked out 2007 Enzo 230 with 340hp BS engine and only 130 hours on the whole boat?

I need some opinions quick.

Either way is fine....Just Yeah, or Neah.....

Thanks guys.

Edited by Big Po

Auldman    0

$40K sounds about right in todays market. I don't think I would go over that. I bought an '06 Avalanche in Jan and used US Bank for the financing. 7% 12 years 0 dwon if I remember correctly.

WakeDoc    471

Offer $38,100 and hope they are not members of the Crew... :(

Big Po    1

Is US Bank the same as Bank of America or is it different?

7% would be liveable. I was hoping that I might find someone offering cheaper rates...

I would like to find someone offering 15 years with 0% down.

WakeDoc    471

Let us all know if you find something lower than 7%

Big Po    1
Offer $38,100 and hope they are not members of the Crew... :(

I don't think they're Crew members...but then again, not sure.

When I talked to the lady earlier, she said he wouldn't take 37,500. And I told her the very most I will pay is $40, if it's in absolutely perfect new condition like, off the showroom floor condition.

I am hoping to get a loan tomorrow, then take off Thursday and go "look at it". Once I get there I plan on testdriving it and going through the negotiation process. Maybe I will be able to get it for $37,500.

However, I still would like to get some more input from others.

So, for $40K I wouldn't be upside down in it in a year or 2?

I want to stay on the up and up. I plan on making double payments to get it paid off as quickly as possible with minimal interest.

David    0

Another thing to consider when talking price is all the other crap you need to go along with your new purchase. Are they including any gear or accessories?

Big Po    1

I don't believe they're throwing in anything other than the covers that came with the boat...

I DO need a new wakeboard and boots...I was looking at that new Hyperlite Marek Nova board and the new Marek bindings. Looks like a sweet ride.

Yeah, I just re-read the ad, and I don't believe it comes with any extra goodies. Then again, I might can use that line as a bargaining tool for having to buy new stuff for the boat...like lifejackets, fire extingisher, etc....ALSO...since it's my FIRST boat, I don't have any of that stuff.

Then again, my luck he's probably a member and reading all of this. LOL!

WakeDoc    471

Need gear feel free to quote it and add to the list:

Full set of life jackets

Bumpers

Docklines

Fire Extinguisher

Anchor and rope

Sandspike and rope

Riding Ropes - surf, wake, ski

First Aid Kit

boards/skies (if you are Kevin you just need your feet)

We have collected this gear over 5 boats, weeded some out and kept the best but, still a lot of money spent.

Most dealers I know will have the getting started package, ask for one.

LakeSurfer    10

That boat has been for sale for a while now. I would not offer more than $38K for it. I just saw a left over 08 230 get sold for $46K in Dallas and the Dallas mkt is known for being one of the most expensive. If I was in the mkt, here are a few used boats I would call on:

07 Typhoon listed for $36.5K: http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2007-Cen...oon-C4-96840115

08 Enzo 230 listed for $39.5K: http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2008-SKI...SV-230-92401109

08 Enzo 230 listed for $46.5K: http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=819842

09 Enzo 230 was listed for $46K with WS System: http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2009-CEN...0-Enzo-93465440

I am not a big fan of the black/green Enzo, but the rest of them I really think are very good looking. I especially like the two Enzo's for $46K. I would not be fearful of having a boat shipped to you either (I bought mine from CA last year). Last, I dont think you need an upgraded motor to surf unless you are at altitude. I run a lot of weight on my Avy and have no problems with the upgraded prop.

Big Po    1

Well........They aren't really a dealer, they're a wholesale marine place. But I'm sure they probably have a "starter kit".

I do need most of that stuff. I don't need any anchors or sand spikes, etc...

I need new board/boots, new boarding rope, jackets, docking ropes, bumpers, etc.....

How much does the basics cost? Stuff other than board/boots & boarding rope.

WakeDoc    471

If you like green I would look hard at the 2nd, green 23 already set up to surf, if your budget can afford it I would really look at the 4th, blinged out trailer, stereo done, etc. find out how many hours and always throw the question totally of base in...why are they selling it?

Big Po    1

Thanks LakeSurfer.

Yeah, I'm not big on that Andes Mints Enzo (green and black) either. LOL!

I do like that last Enzo 230 you showed me. This one: http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2009-CEN...0-Enzo-93465440

How much is shipping usually?

Do you think if I made them a deal I could get it shipped free?

Edited by Big Po

elc    2
How much does the basics cost? Stuff other than board/boots & boarding rope.

cheap jackets around 30-50 x 5

ropes probably around 50-100

bumpers - a few for 20-25 each

extra impeller 30

prop puller 60

don't forget gas... this is by far our biggest expense.

Big Po    1

So, let me get this straight....

If I can get it for $37,500, then it would be a good deal....right?

$40K is an average price, but not anything special....correct?

Even if I get it for $40K, am I still ahead, or will I be upside down before I know it...

Big Po    1

Yall were asking if I found lower than 7%.

Well, Bank of America is at 6.69%. USAA is at 6.39%.

I will also call my local bank tomorrow to see what their current rates are, since I already have one loan out with them for an extended period.