Bigcatpt    408
so wise one tell us why a 13 pitch prop wont work on a 1:1 gearing ??? and please explain how a 13 x 11 3 blade will be so much better

Oh a 13 pitch prop will "work" on a 1:1 gearing.... just not for what he is wanting it for which is low end torque for surfing with lots of ballast.....

Here is my "wise one" way of thinking.....

1. I am kinda familiar with the 1:1 gearing since I have one on my boat

2. He is running the same hull as me only 1 foot longer and I assume a little heavier

3. He says he is running 2000+ lbs of ballast which is very similar to what I am using

4. He is setting up his ride very much like I set mine up as far as ballast.

5. I have spoken with both Acme props and nettles prop and they both think the 3 blade is a better option for hole shot on the older 1:1 gearing boats with that much ballast

6. In my experience running several different props.....anything more than a 12 pitch prop is not going to get him the low end that he is needing for surfing. He is gonna need an 11.5 or 10.5 pitch prop.

7. I confirmed my "wise one" theory last week on Jackfly's boat which happens to be a Typhoon, loaded with 2000+ lbs of ballast, running a 12.5 pitch prop, and not able to get over 10.0 MPH.

No offense but a 13 pitch is not gonna cut it for that boat, with that gearing, with that much weight.

How much you wanna bet when we hear back from him about what prop he is currently running it will be in the 12.5 to 14.5 pitch range?????

He's gonna need more than that.

Edited by Bigcatpt

rizza32    0

Way to do your homework WISE ONE. :unworthy:

duramat    462

Wow! H20 you got spanked!! Have you ever noticed you have way of coming off a little arrogant? I love your mods and value your opinions but bro here on the crew a litttle tact towards other crew members isn't hard to do. :respect:

Wiggles    2

Ok, so i have a question?

In an 07 elite c4 what gear ratio would i have in my v-drive? i have a acme 497(13 dia/17.5Pitch/.105cup/4 blade - 1 1/8 LH) prop right now and don't know if it will handle 2100 pounds of ballast and a few passengers. It is the stock prop that came on my boat and i have 2 of them, but only ever run around 1200 lbs ballast and ppl and its never had a problem.... I'd like to be able to keep a decent top end, but also not be overworking the motor to much when surrfing with the wake. Oh and I'm in Vancouver, BC which i think is pretty much sea level

Craig

Bigcatpt    408

Thanks Dura. Not trying to get into a pissing war here. And certainly not trying to get in a :respect: , or in a :popo: battle here. Just trying to help a fellow centurion out that needs a new prop.... the correct prop....

I am sure the prop H20 has is a really nice shiny non prime number prop that will work incredible on the right boat. But IMO an older model Typhoon with 1:1 gearing is not the right match. I'm not sure my 653 is the right match either. Still need to hear what he is currently running.

Now if it would just stop snowing, and the damn wind blowing 40 mph, I could spend less time on the internet and more time in my boat.... :rant: :rant:

Edited by Bigcatpt

Jackfly    0
Thanks Dura. Not trying to get into a pissing war here. And certainly not trying to get in a :rant: , or in a :band: battle here. Just trying to help a fellow centurion out that needs a new prop.... the correct prop....

I am sure the prop H20 has is a really nice shiny non prime number prop that will work incredible on the right boat. But IMO an older model Typhoon with 1:1 gearing is not the right match. I'm not sure my 653 is the right match either. Still need to hear what he is currently running.

Now if it would just stop snowing, and the damn wind blowing 40 mph, I could spend less time on the internet and more time in my boat.... :rant::popo:

Good thread. AND if the weather will turn we can mount that bad boy on the Typhoon and see how it works. How about a package deal with the 'sacs? :respect:

duramat    462
:respect:

Bigcatpt    408
Good thread. AND if the weather will turn we can mount that bad boy on the Typhoon and see how it works. How about a package deal with the 'sacs? :respect:

Jack I really think you are gonna need to run the 911 at this elevation. I have both the 653 and a spare 911 you can try out. But then I will have to disclose to people that the 653 is almost brand new with only 4 hours on it instead of 3 hours...... LOL Pray for good weather! Even next Tuesday looks crappy!!!! :rant: :rant: :popo:

Jackfly    0

What we need is more global warming!!!!!!!!!!!

h20king    794
I really doubt a 13 pitch prop is gonna work for his older 1:1 gearing even if it is a super duper stainless, perfectly balanced, and super smooth (non prime number) 4 blade prop. :respect:

dura learn to read bro it takes respect to get respect if surfing is your only sport than that low a pitch will be great but if you wakeboard as well you will be out of luck with that low a pitch for those of us who can do more than surf we have to give a little to get a little

Edited by h20king

Bigcatpt    408
dura learn to read bro it takes respect to get respect if surfing is your only sport than that low a pitch will be great but if you wakeboard as well you will be out of luck with that low a pitch for those of us who can do more than surf we have to give a little to get a little

The original question reads with emphasis added to point out the important stuff...... "I have a buddy with a 2002 Centurion Concourse and was looking to buy a ACME prop to give me a bit more JERKIN power for surfing. I was unsure what the gear ratio was for that particular V-Drive? I am assuming 1:1?? 4 blade? He is at around 3500 feet and wanted any advice as to which prop to get. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated."

And yes, he will be able to wakeboard just fine with a 10.5 or 11.5 pitch acme prop with the 1:1 gearing.

How do I know? Well I think we have already been over that....

Trust me on this one. It will surf and wakeboard perfectly, and even pull kids around the lake on a tube, and cruise effortlessly across the lake at 36 MPH.

Sloner3020    0
Oh a 13 pitch prop will "work" on a 1:1 gearing.... just not for what he is wanting it for which is low end torque for surfing with lots of ballast.....

Here is my "wise one" way of thinking.....

1. I am kinda familiar with the 1:1 gearing since I have one on my boat

2. He is running the same hull as me only 1 foot longer and I assume a little heavier

3. He says he is running 2000+ lbs of ballast which is very similar to what I am using

4. He is setting up his ride very much like I set mine up as far as ballast.

5. I have spoken with both Acme props and nettles prop and they both think the 3 blade is a better option for hole shot on the older 1:1 gearing boats with that much ballast

6. In my experience running several different props.....anything more than a 12 pitch prop is not going to get him the low end that he is needing for surfing. He is gonna need an 11.5 or 10.5 pitch prop.

7. I confirmed my "wise one" theory last week on Jackfly's boat which happens to be a Typhoon, loaded with 2000+ lbs of ballast, running a 12.5 pitch prop, and not able to get over 10.0 MPH.

No offense but a 13 pitch is not gonna cut it for that boat, with that gearing, with that much weight.

How much you wanna bet when we hear back from him about what prop he is currently running it will be in the 12.5 to 14.5 pitch range?????

He's gonna need more than that.

He is currently running a 12.5 pitch. After reading the threads posted it seems this may be the issue. I spoke to Bill over at Acme yesterday and he suggested that at our elevation , ballast, etc, and his particular boat he should go with a ACME 911. He also stated that 3 blade would be the way to go! Looks like I am on the market for a used ACME 911 however from reading previous posts its seems that's like finding a "needle in a haystack"! :respect: Thanks again for all your help! You guys ROCK!

Bigcatpt    408
He is currently running a 12.5 pitch. After reading the threads posted it seems this may be the issue. I spoke to Bill over at Acme yesterday and he suggested that at our elevation , ballast, etc, and his particular boat he should go with a ACME 911. He also stated that 3 blade would be the way to go! Looks like I am on the market for a used ACME 911 however from reading previous posts its seems that's like finding a "needle in a haystack"! :respect: Thanks again for all your help! You guys ROCK!

Glad my friends at Acme got my back.... LMAO!!!! :rant: :rant: :popo:

See if this guy still has his..... http://www.centurioncrew.com/ACME-911-sale-315-t2160.html

Good luck!!!

Bigcatpt    408
Thanks again for all your help. I sent the guy an email. Well see if today is my Lucky Day. :respect:

:rant: I love days where I get lucky :rant::popo::band::band:=@:band:

Edited by Bigcatpt

duramat    462
I love days where I get lucky

That's what she said!! LOL

Bigcatpt    408
Update. Buddy bought the 911 from this guy! Interested to see/feel the difference! Might have to get one myself.

Awesome!!!! Glad that all worked out!!!! Another happy crew member!!! :respect::rant:

Anyone wanna borrow my "wise one" badge for awhile? My work here is done.... I just wanna go back to being the wiseguy...... :rant::popo:

elc    2
Awesome!!!! Glad that all worked out!!!! Another happy crew member!!! :):thumbsup:

Anyone wanna borrow my "wise one" badge for awhile? My work here is done.... I just wanna go back to being the wiseguy...... :surfing2: :surfing2:

LMAO - this thread turned out to be a very entertaining read. Thanks for making me laugh!

Bigcatpt    408
LMAO - this thread turned out to be a very entertaining read. Thanks for making me laugh!

I can neither confirm nor deny that I had a little fun with it too!!! :)