hiflyer

to switchblade or to not

hiflyer    0

So who can tell me what is the real option to need or have? Does the switchblade really help. That is a huge price, for if little improvement Or does one think the hydraulic wake plate does enough or do they both not really help? I don't ever here or see boats with switchblades.

Bigshow    0

The trim tab will make your wake more mellow and smaller.

I don't have much first hand experince with the SB

tgaugh    2

I've only surfed once behind a boat with a switchblade and it was outstanding, still one of the best waves I've ever seen/rode. We currently only have the trimtab and it surely helps for taming the spray based on the weight.

I understand it's good/bad for different sports. Are you looking at it for wakeboarding/skating/surfing?

hiflyer    0

I do mostly wakeboard, but some wakesurf on rougher days(or tired).

VaBeachBum    0

I know you can tame the wake down for smaller or less experienced riders with the switch blade. You can also beef it up pretty good too.

The only caution I'll give you is low speed maneuvering. It makes it more difficult. I'm sure it's something you could get used to, but it will be difficult at first.

Joe B    17

I have the blade and just drove a new Falcon without it or auto wakeplate (I think it was manual), so here's my .o2 cents.

With the blade, I launch out of the hole with very minimal bow rise. Without it the bow was high and almost as high as an I/O out of the hole. If I see I'm about to cross a large wake or wave, I hit the blade and the bow pops up a few feet and chop right through it. I never get porposing at higher speed (trim tab would also cure this or manual set at the right position).

Wakeboarding: Changes the ramp from mellow to launch straight up. Unbelieveable.

Surfing: Adds a few inches and cleans up the wash on Goofy side.

Manuverability: Really eitherway you get used to your boat.

Blade is Bad: Fresh Air Exhaust is not possible that I know of, maybe custom work.

Hindsight: I love my blade, but not sure I could justify the money as I'm not a big wakeboarder. If you just surfed I'd say it's not worth it, skip it and sideswipe and get the FAE and a few boards with the bunch of money saved. If you really like to get a perfect ramp for boarding, then yes pull the trigger on the blade. Also, blade works with PerfectPass--preset PP and blade at level 6 and set the blade to 'AUTO' and it takes care of itself. Blade goes back to 'not-engaged' when boat is in neutral. Kinda cool and nice that the wife doesn't have to fiddle with the blade or PP when she's driving.

Edited by Joe B

I have the switch blade on my 2008 Avy. Now this might sound biest as I ride for SB but I will still leave my 2 cents.

For wakeboarding The blade is great. It will clean up the wake and if engaged passsetting 3 it can make the wake Steeper. Feels more like a wall, with ALOT of POP.

For wakeskating it is a little much and makes the wake to steep in my opionon.

For Surfing it is AMAZING. it will enhance the size of the wake anywhere from a half a foot or more. It will also clean the wake up. It also helps if you have any goofy riders. You can set the blade and really clean up both sides of the wake to have nice clean faces.

Drew

Christopher    0

My question guys,

I have a stock Gekko Revo without ballast and I want a ballast system or some sort of wake enhancement which will provide an awesome surfing wake. I am considering the switchblade but will the blade alone be enough to create a surf wake, without having a ballast system installed? A ballast system is going to be over $4k I've found out... and I will be forced to use sacs which I am not really looking forward to. Can a guy get the surf wake he needs with the Swictblade alone??

Please advise,

Thanks,

Chris

Bigshow    0

No, switch blade alone won't give you a surf wake. You must have ballast on one side. Who is charging $4k for ballast?

towboat 222    1

Im a dealer $4000.00 sounds like a whole lot. Sacks is a great way to go doesnt eat up your storage when your not using it. You can get a pump and sacks not installed. They fill faster and you can move them around. Chances are if you put a ballast system in you will have to buy bags anyway.

Matt is that you? Did you get a new boat? Details if it is you.

Edited by Colombian Surfer

flaswaliba    0
Matt is that you? Did you get a new boat? Details if it is you.

Yeh it's me. I haven't gotten a new boat, but I wouldn't be opposed to Centurion. I love your Avy and have found one just like it and a dealer who actually wants to say yes, etc. I've gotta sell the BU now. Let's hope I can.

Edited by flaswaliba

First of all welcome to the site! I hope you can sell your BU soon and step up to an Avy. Where or who is the dealer? There are a lot of dealers on this site that might have some input. The boat you are looking at, what all does it have or not have? Any pics?

Larry Mann    1

The following is from Fresh Air Exhaust:

The Malibu manual Wedge and the SwitchBlade are not compatible with FAE. We now manufacture a wing replacement for the manual Wedge that is compatible. We plan to make this Wing available for all boats as well.

post-488-1239119685_thumb.jpg

The Wing is locked in with a quick connect pin and is positioned either under the swim platform when not needed (as shown in this picture) or in the water to generate downforce.

Kevin Baugh    78

"We plan to make this Wing available for all boats as well."

I am not clear what you are saying?

is the wing a wedge/switchblade like device?

So I would be able to get one for a Centurion?

DETAILS please

tgaugh    2

Larry Mann -

What type of testing have you done with the wing? I only ask as a prior Malibu owner I sheared off bolts of two wedges already. I am very hesitant to try a new invention without testing after my experience with the Wedge which to be a time-tested, proven wake shaping appliance.

wedge_01.jpg

wedge_02.jpg

wedge_03.jpg

I ended up with a strong transom and no Wedge on the boat!

wedge_04.jpg

Kevin Baugh    78

It always amazed me that Malibu could not fix this issue

Edited by Kevin Baugh

rizza32    0

YOUR MOM--- on the back of the boat. Nice touch.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..