islander033    2
...... I will drive up and help you buy the beer

Come help me buy beer too!!! :hope:

h20king    794

islander thats funny guess i should have said i will drive up and help tune the rudder if you buy the beer

islander033    2
islander thats funny guess i should have said i will drive up and help tune the rudder if you buy the beer

This deal isn't 1/2 as good as the first one.....boooooo. :wallbash:

lol.

Bigcatpt    408

I got as good of a laugh out of reading this thread the 2nd time as the 1st! :thumbsup:

I think even though it is normal for my boat to pull to the right when at speed I want to try a little grinding... (did I say that out loud?)

grizfan    0

I got as good of a laugh out of reading this thread the 2nd time as the 1st! :thumbsup:

I think even though it is normal for my boat to pull to the right when at speed I want to try a little grinding... (did I say that out loud?)

That was my approach bigcatpt. I'm not gonna touch whether it's supposed to be there or not. :laughing:

My boat had a horrible hook to the right. I just wanted the hook gone. I believe I still have a slight pull to the right, but at most speeds the boat will track straight. It doesn't hunt and it doesn't feel like I'm driving an old truck with a bad steering box. I was really nervous about doing it after reading this old post, but it worked out well for my application. I am running an 817, so letting go of the steering wheel at 40mph+ (for a second!) was not an option before.

Edited by grizfan

Bigcatpt    408

H do you want to come help me?? I figured you would be the first to volunteer.

Shane MT    2

My 2005 Avalanche C4 was pulling hard to the right. After reading this thread, I pulled the grinder out and took the port side trailing edge of the rudder down about 3/4" at about a 30-degree angle. This solved the pull! I was so excited to take my hands off the wheel without that aggressive pull to the right. I'm honestly amazed that this worked. I really didn't take that much off. It took less than 5-minutes. 

Avy06    5
On 6/22/2022 at 10:37 PM, Shane MT said:

My 2005 Avalanche C4 was pulling hard to the right. After reading this thread, I pulled the grinder out and took the port side trailing edge of the rudder down about 3/4" at about a 30-degree angle. This solved the pull! I was so excited to take my hands off the wheel without that aggressive pull to the right. I'm honestly amazed that this worked. I really didn't take that much off. It took less than 5-minutes. 

Can you send me a pic? I need to do this too and it would be very helpful.