centurion08    0

When I bought my centurion, the guy told me its also suppose to help you park your boat when your docking on the driver side.

IROCNParts    108
THANKS FOR THE ADVICE I WILL TRY TO ADJUST THE RUDDER. UNFORTUNATLY I DONT HAVE THE ADJUSTABLE RUDDER, SO TWEEKING IT IS!!! WONT BE ABLE TO TRY IT OUT FOR ANOTHER FEW WEEKS OR SO, WE DONT HAVE THE LUXURY OF ALL YEAR BOATING UP HERE!! YOU GUYS ARE GREAT, THANKS FOR THE HELP.

where ya from fellow hoser?

PS WHY ARE YOU YELLING?

:)

Oldwakedude    0

I would say if you don't have the adjustable rudder don't be sad :crybaby: . The non-adjustable has a solid rudder stock :thumbup: , the adjustable one had a hollow stock with a rod through it to the trim tab . Idea of that rudder is that you can adjust it from the console with different loading conditions to make the boat steer straight without holding the wheel (not really applicable to these boats). My boat has the non-adjustable rudder and the last time we hit a stump :ouch: it just bent the rudder (we were able to drive back to the dock) :hope: . A friend of mine has the adjustable rudder and the rudder broke off hung there on the trim tab rod and wacked the prop :shok: , they had to be towed in :rant: . So for myself I am happy with the standard rudder :stuart: .

Edited by Oldwakedude

Kevin Baugh    78

This is a scan from my 2007 Centurion owner's manual

So this answers the questions is it normal to have some pull to the right. The answer is yes in a Centurion it is normal to have some pull to the right.

It also answers the question why is there pull. it is to eliminate slack in the steering

IF you want to eliminate the pull to the right other have given you instructions on how to

adjust the pull. The best way to do it is to go the lake with a grinder and grind a little and test a little until the pull has eliminated or reduced.

The adjustable Rudder was not an option they used it for a year or 2. They stopped using the adjustable rudder in 2010 because of the failures oldwakedude was talking about and some of them had the little window fall out. The rudder company has been very difficult to work with they don't want Centurion evolved, they ship the replacement rudders directly to the dealers and charge them freight

Edited by Kevin Baugh

Bigcatpt    408
This is a scan from my 2007 Centurion owner's manual

So this answers the questions is it normal to have some pull to the right. The answer is yes in a Centurion it is normal to have some pull to the right.

It also answers the question why is there pull. it is to eliminate slack in the steering

IF you want to eliminate the pull to the right other have given you instructions on how to

adjust the pull. The best way to do it is to go the lake with a grinder and grind a little and test a little until the pull has eliminated or reduced.

The adjustable Rudder was not an option they used it for a year or 2. They stopped using the adjustable rudder in 2010 because of the failures oldwakedude was talking about and some of them had the little window fall out. The rudder company has been very difficult to work with they don't want Centurion evolved, they ship the replacement rudders directly to the dealers and charge them freight

That scan is word for word what I typed in an earlier post. Even with that I guess some people still think it is a flaw or is somehow not supposed to happen.

Kevin Baugh    78

Yep! Since some people still said it was not normal even after you quoted the manual I figure I would scan and post it. It is normal and not a flaw. Plus it can be adjusted to suit the owner with a grinder or a file or the adjustable rudder.

h20king    794

centurion did not develop anything.Let me explain every boat manufacture uses the same underwater gear it is ALL made by marine hardware rudders ,struts,turn fins,and all manufactures connect thar rudder to the wheel with a teleflex cable with either a rack or rotary helm, so read other manufactures manuals do they all say there should be pull.do you all ways believe what you read do some research some of the higher end boats are water tested and ruder tuned before shipped from the factory,I also wonder why they are called tunable rudders hmmm???

Kevin Baugh    78

I never said a thing about other manufactures

"So this answers the questions is it normal to have some pull to the right. The answer is yes in a Centurion it is normal to have some pull to the right."

Does it get much higherend than MasterCraft??

http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showpost.p...mp;postcount=12

Edited by Kevin Baugh

Kevin Baugh    78

On the topic of other manfactures some go with a heavy pull some like Centurion go with a light pull

others go with none at all

Here is a waterski mag article http://waterskimag.com/how-to/2001/06/14/torqued-out/

So I say it again

So this answers the questions is it normal to have some pull to the right. The answer is yes in a Centurion it is normal to have some pull to the right

h20king    794

kevin that is an old pro star nothing high end about that boat the ruder shown is not even made anymore and uses the old style flax packing to seal the rudder.pull is needed in tournament skiing to counter act the pull of the skier through the course but on wake and surf boats heavily loaded with a max pull speed of 28 MPH or less it is not needed you cannot compare the handling characteristics of a comp boat and a wake boat also centurion uses vented turn fins to counter act the side to side yaw created by a rider in tow

Edited by h20king

h20king    794

my boat came with the adjustable rudder and has no pull I have never had to mess with it so I guess they messed up on my boat but if it would have had pull I would have adjusted it out as I prefer neutral steering as it makes it easier for others who do not drive the boat all the time such as my wife to operate so I can get a good pull .I also believe if your boat hooks hard right or left when you let go of the wheel that it is a safety concern.If you dont like the pull fix it I have explained how if you like it leave it alone happy boating and pray for sun....H

Bigcatpt    408

We are not talking about the newer adjustable rudders. Its quite obvious that they can be tuned to go straight. The older style non adjustable rudders cause the boat to turn to one side. And according to the Centurion manual it is designed to do just that. Believe what you want. Take a grinder to it and change it if you want. Bottom line is the questions has been answered. It is normal for an older model centurion with a non adjustable rudder to pull to one side while at speed. Weather you like it or think its a good idea or a safety hazard is all up to your opinion.

duffymahoney    10

Well put. I honestly don't care if it pulls a tiny bit.

Kevin Baugh    78

I would agree well PUT! FYI that book would apply to 2010 Centurions since they don't have the adjustable rudder

This is a picture of the Standard none adjustable Centurion rudder as you can see the traling edge on the

rudder has been rounded

That MasterCraft was high end when it was new! The picture was old . The explanation....... timeless!!!

Kevin Baugh    78

I was have that déjàvu feeling

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/message...html?1083118078

:hope:

This is the standard rudder from the Centurion factory as you can see they have been ground on when they come from the factory

This is link of the Fineline east plant where they build Centurions and the lake where they lake test the boats

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sour...mp;t=h&z=16

Edited by Kevin Baugh

Carter13    69
I was have that déjàvu feeling

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/message...html?1083118078

:hope:

This is the standard rudder from the Centurion factory as you can see they have been ground on when they come from the factory

This is link of the Fineline east plant where they build Centurions and the lake where they lake test the boats

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sour...mp;t=h&z=16

So if I were to lightly grind would it be along the entire bottom horizontal port side? Or just the stern half ?

Also does it need to be grinded up vertically a bit also?

h20king    794

you can beat a dead horse all you want I share my knowledge of how to make your boat better those that listen are more than happy with the outcome and then there will always be those who think they know you guys can hate all you want I DONT CARE IT IS NOT MY BOAT do with it as you please but it is those people that will pay people like me big $$$$ to fix there mistakes like I said above if you dont like the pull fix it if it doesn't bother you leave it alone

h20king    794

carter when you are ready to tune your rudder let me know and I will drive up and help you buy the beer

Edited by h20king

Kevin Baugh    78

To counter the pull to the right you grind on the long vertical trailing edge of the port side

Edited by Kevin Baugh

Kevin Baugh    78

Your advice about tunning a ruder is right however this statement "It is not normal " about a Centurion pulling to the right is wrong

This kind of stuff sure makes it hard to cary on a coversation :hope:

"and then there will always be those who think they know you guys can hate all you want I DONT CARE IT IS NOT MY BOAT do with it as you please"

I always wonder how I let myself get sucked into threads with you. :crybaby::thumbup::stuart::shok:

Edited by Kevin Baugh

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..