HOOGE    0

THIS IS A GREAT SITE, I CANT BELIEVE I JUST FOUND IT!! i HAVE A 2007 AVALANCHE C4, WHEN I LET GO OF THE WHEEL IT SPINS TO THE RIGHT. WHEN IM GOING STRAIT I HAVE TO HOLD IT TO THE LEFT A BIT. I WAS DRIVING MY BUDDIES TIGE AND IT GOES STRAIT HANDS ON OR OFF THE WHEEL. I TALKED TO MY DEALER ABOUT THIS AND THEY SAID ITS NORMAL, I SAID BULL pooh!! IS THIS HAPPENING WITH YOUR BOATS? WOULD A STERING DAMPNER HELP MAYBE?

elc    2

My old boat pulled to the right and my new boat pulls to the right. Someone else may know why this happens.

duramat    462

I belive it to be due to the prop rotating

duramat    462

Mine does as well

Bigcatpt    408

It actually is perfectly normal.....

Here is a quote from the Owners manual for Centurion inboard ski boats......

page 5 "handling characteristics" item #2 says....

Rudder Pull/Steering Slack - There are no steering systems that are totally free of slack. However, we have developed a "pre-loaded" steering system to minimize the slack in your Centurion steering system. Between 28 and 30 mph, you will notice that the boat will pull slightly to the right as the speed increases. This will give you the advantage of precise steering. Other boats with no preload will actually wander because of steering slack.

I believe this is something that came about from skiing the slalom course and the need for precise steering of the boat down the middle of the buoys. When you drove the course you just have to keep very light pressure on the wheel to the left side to keep the boat going very straight with little margin of error.

Foiler    1

Mine does this too, dealer said it was normal. Manual says it is normal. It doesn't really bother me but H20King on this site says his brother who owns a repair shop tunes the rudders to eleminate this.

poosie    7

Im pretty sure it is caused by the offset between the rudder and the prop. They are not directly lined up. The reason is that as the prop spins at a faster speed a vortex/void if you will forms directly behind the prop. The largest volume of water being moved is at the middle to outer most area of the prop. They want the highest volume of water hitting the rudder allowing easier steering. some props have a very small adjustable rudder built into the larger 1 to allow for fine tuning to eliminate the pulling to 1 side. it is usually to the left but depends on prop rotation. kind of like adjusting the skeg on an I/O.

h20king    794

It is not normal your rudder needs to be tuned stand behind your boat looking foreword which ever way your boat pulls you need to grind the opposite side of the rudder if you have the newer style rudder with the adjustable block in the rudder adjust the opposite way of the pull it might take a couple trys to get it right and yes my boat drives straight with hands off the wheel.the pull has nothing to do with prop rotation a rudder works like a plane wing tune your rudder

zapisor    43
It is not normal your rudder needs to be tuned stand behind your boat looking foreword which ever way your boat pulls you need to grind the opposite side of the rudder if you have the newer style rudder with the adjustable block in the rudder adjust the opposite way of the pull it might take a couple trys to get it right and yes my boat drives straight with hands off the wheel.the pull has nothing to do with prop rotation a rudder works like a plane wing tune your rudder

X2

Hopefully you have the adjustable version, there is a small set screw that locks the little block in place. move it very little at a time.

Edited by zapisor

Troy    234

Was the adjustable rudder an option? Our boat doesn't have it, but also I haven't notice it pull either.

HOOGE    0

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE I WILL TRY TO ADJUST THE RUDDER. UNFORTUNATLY I DONT HAVE THE ADJUSTABLE RUDDER, SO TWEEKING IT IS!!! WONT BE ABLE TO TRY IT OUT FOR ANOTHER FEW WEEKS OR SO, WE DONT HAVE THE LUXURY OF ALL YEAR BOATING UP HERE!! YOU GUYS ARE GREAT, THANKS FOR THE HELP.

On my last boat, pro start 190, i had the same thing...I went little by little ad used a metal file and filed down the rudder on the left side if i remember correctly and it fixed it...It took me 4-5 times because i did not want to do too much at once. It was the front edge..it has been a while but that is what i remember

zapisor    43
Was the adjustable rudder an option? Our boat doesn't have it, but also I haven't notice it pull either.

I don't know if it was an option or not, I think all Falcon's have the adjustable rudder, it might be a skiing thing.... Kevin Baugh, can you answer this?

h20king    794

to tune the rudder if not the adjustable style air sand or hand file the opposite side of the pull on the rudder on the edge that is closest to the back of the boat.Only do a little at a time it will probably take a couple times to get it right but you will be happy you did it once you are able to drive and let go of the wheel and the boat goes straight you will ask yourself why did I not do this sooner its an easy mod that will only cost you a little time

islander033    2
to tune the rudder if not the adjustable style air sand or hand file the opposite side of the pull on the rudder on the edge that is closest to the back of the boat.Only do a little at a time it will probably take a couple times to get it right but you will be happy you did it once you are able to drive and let go of the wheel and the boat goes straight you will ask yourself why did I not do this sooner its an easy mod that will only cost you a little time

So to try and clarify:

If your boat pulls to the right (starboard), then you would air sand or file the left (port) side, front (bow-ward) part of the rudder? And this treatment would be done evenly from the top to the bottom of the rudder? :clover:

h20king    794

If you are standing in back of the boat looking foreword you will evenly file or sand the edge closest to the back of the boat top to bottom opposite of the pull you just want to put a slight bevel on this edge only taking of a little at a time.so to clarify when in back of the boat looking foreword if the boat pulls right sand the left side closest to you and if it pulls left sand the right side

everyone i talked to said its a safety feature so youre forced to pay attention.

but the prop rotation does make some sense.

islander033    2
If you are standing in back of the boat looking foreword you will evenly file or sand the edge closest to the back of the boat to bottom opposite of the pull you just want to put a slight bevel on this edge only taking of a little at a time.

Sanding the left or right side of the rudder is as I thought.

So do you file the bow (front) side of the rudder or the stern (back) side of the rudder? "the edge closest to the back of the boat" is still not that clear to me. :clover:

islander033    2
stern side of the rudder(back side)

Thanks dude!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..