The 1465 was a remake of the 1235 just a smaller version. There is very little difference between the 1465 and the 1579. Acme says the 1465 has about a square inch more blade than the 1579.

I'll take every inch I can get! :thumbsup:

Bigshow    0

Right Charlie, the second 750 is under the bench as you describe. You can fill the socond 750 all the way but it's close.

Fellow Centurions,

Your advice is much appreciated.

I own a 21ft 97 Bob LaPoint limited edition Elite open bow direct drive. Comes with a 13x13 stainless.

Top speed at WOT is about 42mph and 5000rpm. Black Scorpion 330hp

Awesome ski boat but I rarely slalom anymore. Most of my rides are towing the kids on tubes, kneeboards, and wakeboards. Last two summers we have surfed, but the wake is really tough (small).

I have added a couple 300lb ballast sacks and try to run with 500-700lbs of people ballast.

Its hard to keep the motor running steady at 9-11mph. I really think I need to consider a new prop.

4blade? or the new fat 3blade? (did I hear somewhere the direct drives do better with a 3?)

Any suggestions or more importantly any feedback from a fellow 21 Elite direct drive would be awesome.

Thankz

Q

Yowza,

Any feedback on prop selection for a 97 Bob LaPoint Elite open bow direct drive ???

Currently spinning a 13x13 3blade stainless. See previous post.

Thanks

Q

OK, OK,

I've been wakeboarding the last two weekends (in a drysuit)

WOT with a couple of guys in the boat is 4800 RPM.

Both speedos registering 45mph.

13x13 stainless 3 blade prop.

Should I swap out for a 4 blade? Diameter or pitch change?

Your depth of experience is deeply appreciated.

islander033    2
OK, OK,

If I was you, I would call ACME or OJ and see what they recommend.

tgaugh    2

I am with Islander, I don't know enough about the boat, but ACME is awesome!

Toll Free: 1-888-661-ACME

Local: (231) 796-2874

duffymahoney    10

Does anyone know when they changed the tranny in the avy? I am looking for a prop with a little more low end and less top end. I have a 2003 Avalanche. Any ideas? I run lots of ballast and I have a 315 hp engine.

Kevin Baugh    78

2005 like the others have said call ACMEand tell them your needs

duffymahoney    10

Just talked to acme and for older avys or similiar boats the 3 blade acme 911 is the best for power between 0-24 mph. Does anyone have one laying around?

duffymahoney    10

Sweet tell him I have a brand new 515 which is better if you want to go fast! Max speed on the 911 will be around 31.

duffymahoney    10

I think the 911 might be to extreme for me, I think that the 525 is a better all around choice. Anyone have a 525 laying around?

OK, OK,

Per Bill Weeks at ACME I need a 653 (13.00x11.5) .060 cup 3 blade Nibral.

With a 30day guarantee I am gonna go with this recomendation and I will provide feedback.

islander033    2
Per Bill Weeks at ACME I need a 653 (13.00x11.5) .060 cup 3 blade Nibral.

With a 30day guarantee I am gonna go with this recomendation and I will provide feedback.

Right on, ACME generally knows their stuff.

steedracer    0

duffymahoney, I have an '04 Enzo SV230 with the 350 MAG. It came with the 515 originally. After its first month (back in June '06) we decided to upgrade the prop to the 525. It has been great. Top end only was cut 1-2 mph at most, and hole shot was improved. We have used that prop now for three years, and that is surfing with around 1500 lbs of ballast on the port side, and wakeboarding with about 1000 lbs in the rear, and 400 lbs up front (though you have to pretty much slam the throttle to get on plane with that much weight in the rear for wakeboarding).

Bigcatpt    408
I think the 911 might be to extreme for me, I think that the 525 is a better all around choice. Anyone have a 525 laying around?

Duffy,

I am running the 653 which has the same dimensions as the 525 except for a little different cup (.06 vs .08). My Avy is also a 03 with the 315 HP motor. The 653 is the prop my local dealer suggests for this boat. However I am boating regularly at elevations of 4600 to 7000 feet. When I take it down to Lake Powell at 3600 feet it goes like a rocket.

That being said... When I am running at 4600 feet elevation and fully loaded with ballast (near 2000 pounds plus people) it is still a little sluggish out of the hole. I am pretty sure it would take a very long time to get up on plane if I tried. I am not sure how the cup difference of the 525 would effect this.

I would love to try out the 911 at this elevation and at higher ones as well. I don't mind loosing a little top end. I usually don't run WOT anyway to try and save the gas for surfing!

I am curious what you end up doing....

Bigcatpt

duffymahoney    10

Well I went out on sunday, I had 8 buddys on the boat and most of them are heavy 180+ and my ballast full and the 515 couldn't get the boat past 10.2 or so. I am prob going to put the 911 back on. My biggest complaint with the 911 is the rpm range when I surf. It's like 800 or so rpms higher, which also means lots more engine noise. So quieter stereo :unsure: I could just get an FAE.

islander033    2
......... It's like 800 or so rpms higher, which also means lots more engine noise. So quieter stereo :thumbsup: I could just get an FAE.

That you could and probably should do with the FAE.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that found a prop/ballast limit this year.