volzalum    280

I purchased two extra cleats from Centurion to put on my Enzo 216. When tied up, the existing cleats are good for hold dock bouys between the boat, but the forward ones are not located well for securing to a line of floating boats. Last year someone tied to my bow handrail and burned the edge of my interior. The tower is only marginally acceptable also.

I plan to install these at about the center of the bow seats in line with the vents rather than the existing cleats. Their use will be limited to boat stabilization and the middle ones will still need a bouy, but I think they will help significantly. I'll take pictures as I get them installed.

-Dax

post-555-1268433186_thumb.jpg

WakeDoc    471

We have a couple of ropes with snap shackels that we hook onto the bow d-ring to do the same thing. Hook one onto your bow d-ring and go to the front cleat of the other boat. Sometimes use them on the rear, snap on to one d-ring at the rear through the other boats d-ring and tie off on the d-ring that you sanpped to.

srhoffman    0

I did the very same thing...we purchased two for the front of the boat so now have six of them in total. What's nice is when we pull into a boat slip we can keep the boat practically still by tieing off to the two front most cleats and the back ones, then as you said, hook bumpers up to the middle ones (which are in the most difficult place to get to in the chaos of docking if you ask me). We ended up installing them a little more forward then I wanted but the main reason for that was that there wasn't an easy way to get a socket wrench where I wanted to install it. Ended up using an impact wrench to tighten but it's been great having them!

volzalum    280

Here are some pictures of the install ... very easy. Didn't even have to take any interior down. I was able to reach it through the locker.

post-555-1269061917_thumb.jpg post-555-1269061934_thumb.jpg post-555-1269061949_thumb.jpg post-555-1269061960_thumb.jpg post-555-1269061980_thumb.jpg post-555-1269061992_thumb.jpg post-555-1269062005_thumb.jpg post-555-1269062018_thumb.jpg

WakeDoc    471

Nice clean install... :)

summertoy    0

Did you order the cleats from your dealer,or right from centurion.I would like to get four of them.

volzalum    280

I don't have a dealer close, so I ordered from Centurion. If you have a dealer close I recommend ordering from them.

summertoy    0

Okay i talked to a dealer here in Canada today and was told they are 90 bucks for each one.I thought that was a little much, or is that the going price.

volzalum    280

in us dollars they are ~55 per plus shipping so depends on the current dollar exchange

summertoy    0

Our dollar is at 98.5 today so its a lot cheaper to order from the States.So next question which dealer would be closer to central Canada, Manitoba.How did you order from centurion direct.I ordered some stuff from the centurion store last weekend,did not notice any cleats there.THanks

islander033    2
Our dollar is at 98.5 today so its a lot cheaper to order from the States.So next question which dealer would be closer to central Canada, Manitoba.How did you order from centurion direct.I ordered some stuff from the centurion store last weekend,did not notice any cleats there.THanks

http://greatlakesskipper.com/product/5_106...boat-cleat.html

Give these guys a call and see if this will fit your application. They have been known to cut deals as well.

Stick to USPS shipping for import purposes. :)

volzalum    280

Just an FYI on those is they are not "engraved". I found the engraved ones to be 2 dollars more each than those.

desotodave    0

Having experienced a Centurion as my last boat, when I bought my new Enzo I made sure the dealer installed the 2 extra ones before I took delivery. I can't imagine what Centurion is thinking about when then installed the four, and nothing forward of the windscreen.

agman    0

Any idea what the size of the nuts are on those. I just bought a 2006 avalanche and one of the cleats is missing both nuts.

Peter

chinocat    0

Hi all,

Our boat also did not come with cleats(2003 Elite V), Have four nice centurion ones in had and am ready to install them...found the backing that was mentioned? Problem 1: They put decals pretty much right over top of the location of the backing! So, I am thinking I will just alter the location rather that pealing off the decals (they are centurion decals so I would rather keep them) ...leading to problem 2: I will need to add some backing! I have a couple of ideas but thought I would go to the ever-wise public forum to see what else was out there for ideas/suggestions for backing...

what do you all think?

Troy    234

I would just cut a piece of 1x4 or something like that for a backing plate? Are the bolts long enough to go thru the hull and a 1x?

RhuntIII    555

Hey, Where do I find these cleats?

InfinitySurf    302

I am also interested in this. I already have 4...2 at front and 2 at rear and would like to install 2 more near tower rather than tying rope for fender to the tower itself!