AZSurfer

'09 Avy in Arizona Rehab - NEED HELP!

AZSurfer    0

I'm back baby!

Just sealed the deal yesterday on an '09 Avy (my 2nd Centurion) from a private party here in AZ!!! She's a sweet boat w/ only 28 hours, Wetsounds audio setup w/ PA, etc.

Problem is, she's been NEGLECTED & will need to go through rehab to clean her up. Nothing serious - all cosmetic, but sad to see how she was mistreated by her previous owner (no bath after lake sessions, bird poop on one of the seats, etc.). Here's my rehab plan for her:

Please provide input, recommendations, suggestions, etc.

* Bow to stern deep clean detail

* Figure out why left blinker ain't blinkin' on the trailer (prob. w/ connector on my SUV?)

* Replace missing 'mirror' piece on starboard side of gladiator tower (must have been yanked off by someone - can't imagine it just 'fell off') - it's purely cosmetic but looks really shoddy w/o the piece

* Inflate trailer tires to 50 PSI (they are sagging at 30 PSI or less!!!)

* Plumb/install 750lb sacks in rear lockers

* Install Fresh Air Exhaust

* Take to my local shop to have them check her over (I verified they performed the 20 hour service on the boat... hasn't seen water since)

* Add a surf rack (suggestions please!)

Thanks!!! (Feels good to be a Centurion owner again!)

Here's a pic so you can get an idea of how she looks (she's not really that bad). I'll post more as I get her cleaned up.

h20king    794

should put in new impeller to be on the safe side all new fluids and double check the battery and you should be good to go.As for racks I really like the Samson's but there are plenty of nice ones on the market

Carter13    69

Welcome back. Good looking boat.

duffymahoney    10

The 09 has a taller top cap and taller seats in the boat+ deeper. I would love to see what custom avy sacs to fit that would weight! Congrats on the boat.

h20king    794

also go naked those stupid centurion stickers are covering up the beautiful gel coat lose the stickers and lets see the victory graphics

AZSurfer    0
should put in new impeller to be on the safe side all new fluids and double check the battery and you should be good to go.As for racks I really like the Samson's but there are plenty of nice ones on the market

Good call.

WakeDoc    471

CONGRATS!!! On the new ride, sounds like a little cleaning, basic maintance and you are ready for a GREAT summer... :wallbash:

AZSurfer    0
also go naked those stupid centurion stickers are covering up the beautiful gel coat lose the stickers and lets see the victory graphics

I'm definitely pulling off the "213 LA" and other stickers. Are you also suggesting to pull off the big "Centurion" sticker too?

h20king    794

yep the big one to it is covering some real nice graphics and I think they look better without JMTC

elc    2

Good looking boat. Congrats.

duramat    462

Congrats AZ! I too second going naked. :wallbash::D

Troy    234

Very Nice boat AZ. Post up some more pics. Plus I 3rd with losing the Centurion stickers on the side of the boat.

h20king    794

well I made the motion to remove it has been seconded and now a third stickers got to go

Carter13    69

h,

I tried to get the wife to let me go naked with the Victory gel coat and she gave me a thumbs down. :wallbash:

When we hook up and hopefully it will be this spring you are going to have to give your advice and just maybe she will let me strip my BEEYOTCH. :thumbsup:

h20king    794

carter just tell her the mod is free at that price it should wife approved.LOL the blue with the silver victory is a hot graphic it is a shame she makes you keep it covered.we will definitely hook up this spring you are just down the road in ridge field right ???

Carter13    69
carter just tell her the mod is free at that price it should wife approved.LOL the blue with the silver victory is a hot graphic it is a shame she makes you keep it covered.we will definitely hook up this spring you are just down the road in ridge field right ???

You are correct sir, although it is Ridgefield. When you come up here and I pull you for a wakeboard ride in the slough 2 miles from my home you will be hooked at the glass and no boats. You just need to get keen at out manuevering the the floating logs and fence posts. :crazy:

The $hitty thing is that the previous owner must have had the port side of my Avy tied to a house boat because the sticker is hashed along with a bit of the chrome rubrail and the G Force tower. :thumbsup: But at the price I got the boat I am not complaining. :wallbash:

Joe B    17

If you are replacing the rubrail, there is a guy/shop in Cincinnati Ohio that puts LEDs in the rubrails like the diameter of a pencil. Mainly like ranger boats. You can pick different colors and they have blacklight leds for the fishermen so when they throw their line and lure out at night it glows in the water. Very cool.

Ladderat may have his number if your interested. PM him. We only saw it on black rubber rubrails, so not sure about the chrome like I have. You might be able to find him in the 2010 Cincy boat show vendor listing.

AZSurfer    0

Can anyone post (or point me to some) pics of the Avy sticker-less/naked?

Cool idea on the LEDs for the rub rail.

74 degrees today in AZ. Hmmmm.... might just have to take her out for a spin this weekend!

Foiler    1
Can anyone post (or point me to some) pics of the Avy sticker-less/naked?

Cool idea on the LEDs for the rub rail.

74 degrees today in AZ. Hmmmm.... might just have to take her out for a spin this weekend!

Dang, I couldn't find one but I have seen them before. I guess I am the odd man out because I think they look kinda odd without the graphics over the Victory gelcoat.

elc    2
Dang, I couldn't find one but I have seen them before. I guess I am the odd man out because I think they look kinda odd without the graphics over the Victory gelcoat.

I also like the look of it with those graphics over the Victory gelcoat.