h20king

wind dam

h20king    794

Step one :tape off area where you would like to place the dam.I used a clear carpet tape but blue painters tape will work just as well.Step two:place dam with channels on each side and set in place.Make sure to check window clearance.Mark tape with a sharpie where channel will be placed.Step three:Remove dam and channels.Line the channel up with the line and mark screw holes.Make sure to use the channel for each side to mark holes as they might be slightly different.Step four:Use a 9/64" drill bit for the holes mark depth on bit at 1/2" I have a bit collar but a piece of tape works just as well.Drill the holes MAKEING sure to run the drill in reverse to avoid cracking the gel.Step five: Clean the area screw channel to the boat then line the channel with sticky Velcro loop and you are done.pictures are in order post-777-1266369566_thumb.jpgpost-777-1266369583_thumb.jpgpost-777-1266369599_thumb.jpg[atta

chment=3881:004.JPG]post-777-1266369630_thumb.jpg

post-777-1266369616_thumb.jpg

Carter13    69

Looks great h. :thumbsup:

h20king    794

thanks carter install was a breeze if you need one for your boat let me know might even hand deliver it

Carter13    69

Sounds good.

I personally can get by without one but I know my wife would like it.

Spud    7

Good job man, let us know what it does... I'm curious and can imagine on the cold sunsets.

h20king    794

spud they block the wind coming through the walkway if you want one let me know

Spud    7

Yeah for sure, thanks, I just have to buy some other stuff first. Maybe later this summer I will hit you up.

smitty1258    0

beh whats the purpose of the handle! Its just going to let cold air through! :D

Foiler    1
beh whats the purpose of the handle! Its just going to let cold air through! :D

Agree, if I build one then I will probably elliminate the handle. Surely it can't be that hard to get out.

h20king    794

The factory dam came with handle cut out so I did the same on my kits.I considered not putting them in and even thought about just using a one inch hole for the handle but thought people would like it just like the factory.when these three kits are gone the next ones can be ordered without the handle if that is whats wanted.Foiler if your boat uses the same dam as the 08 and up avy I have a template to have them made as well.

king... super nice... i have the 07' avy, i can see where your asking about it fitting the 08 template... if it does i would like one... if you have it custom cut can we do away with the handle???

tks kt

insp185    1

Just received my wind dam from H2O. Very nice product, can't wait to get it installed. Will post pics of the finished install. Thanks again H2O

• Like 1

h20king    794

love the boat colors I am happy you like your kit if you have any questions on install please ask I would be glad to help it is an easy project and should only take thirty minutes top's cant wait to see pics enjoy H

Spud    7
beh whats the purpose of the handle! Its just going to let cold air through! :rofl:

I'm sure that handle will not be an impact to what blows through without the dam, and if it does make something cool to mount over it, something billet or such. :spiteful:

Bigcatpt    408

Do you have a template for an older Avy... Like an 03????

ReSession    165

h20king...nice install! I live in Vermont and NEED to install a wind dam! Where can I get one of these kits for my '06 Ski Supreme V220 (cousin of Centurion)? I have some pics of my boat on my site, http://www.WakeSurfVT.com (click 'The Boat' on the homepage)

Greg

h20king    794

here is the deal with the wind dams I spent $250 to buy my kit for the falcon from my local dealer.When I received it and saw what I got for my money I was embarrassed dang I had been had so I decided after others showing interest that I could put together a nicer kit and help some of the crew from making the same mistake I did only difference is my kits don't have the centurion head or the big model number engraved in the corner and no storage bag which can be easily made these things should come stock..... I only have a template for the falcon and 08 and up avy if duffy wants to trace his dam and send it to me I can put a kit together for the older avys as well.For the supreme guys I'm sorry but we are now divorced you guys need to contact supreme as your boats are now being made by calibra sorry

Spud    7
:respect::Surfing: Edited by Spud