WakeDoc

What a Weekend, you will not believe this?

LOL...middle of winter??? We were on our way to surf, on a friends boat, after we dropped the boat at the dealer. We started riding in January, what sucks is we are going to miss one of our favorite times of the year in our boat. The great thing is we have friends with boats, so we should not miss too much.

i forgot you live in texas ! Damn heartland of america covered in 20 degree weather and snow! I wont even see my boat until mid march!

WakeDoc    471

Well it is offical, the whole rig has been written off as a total loss, still hard to believe that we no longer have the boat or truck. I have sold boats and other toys through the years and you hate to see them go but, usually the smile on someones face makes you realize that it is going to make the new owner just as happy as it has made you so you pass on the keys and walk away. This time was a little different, we were not selling the boat, we did not want to get rid of her or trade her for a a newer model. Quite the oppisite, we were gearing up to do some modifications on the boat and planned to keep it for two more years. So last night was hard, Mikey a good buddy of mine helped me take all the after market gear off the boat, when we were finished and everything was loaded in the truck I stepped back and was honestly a little sad, still am a little this morning. She is going, last night is most likely the last time I will see her, don't really know where she will end up, didn't pass the keys to a new excited owner, just turned the lights off in the shop and Mikey rolled the door down and it was The End.

med_gallery_66_110_99590.jpg

Bigcatpt    408

Its a sad day in the centurion world. We all are sad for you!

h20king    794

I understand the sadness of selling a boat I still keep photos of all the toys I have parted with I put a lot of time and love in to all my toys to make them one of a kind I guess it is an obsession.Glad they totaled the boat chances are if they would have fixed it which I was concerned they might do you would have lost the whole summer as they would have to remove the engine and fuel tank and flip the boat to do the fiberglass repair.I am sure the boat will be bought at auction fixed then resold keep your eyes on e bay in a couple months I'm sure she will pop up for sale and make another family very happy.Doc you and I don't agree on many things but I think we can agree new toys kick a** happy shopping H

Troy    234

WOW Doc! Sorry to hear that ever thing is a total loss but I think it is better in the long run. When something is wrecked and fixed it just doesn't seem right the rest of the time you own it. At least for me it doesn't.

Good luck on the search for the new rides! Keep us posted and post up pics when you can of what your looking at.

Troy

enzo101mo    98

Hey Doc I understand the sadness you're going through but just think, your going out and looking for that new rig and dream boat. I think you'll be like a kid in a candy store with all those great looking boats and trucks to check out. Hope you find what you're looking for and get a great deal. :thumbsup:

Carter13    69

Doc,

While this is a $hitty end to your whole experience I am sure you know it is the best outcome you could hope for.

I am glad it is over for you and now you can move on and hopefully have a great 2010.

MANDC    0

Doc,

Thats really good news that the insurance isnt going to try to fix your boat. The situation sucks but when its all over you will be just as happy.

Cant wait to see your new set up!

Still cant believe how blessed you guys were to come out not hurt. :realmad:

Chris

Doc,

While this is a $hitty end to your whole experience I am sure you know it is the best outcome you could hope for.

I am glad it is over for you and now you can move on and hopefully have a great 2010.

X2

Spud    7

X3,

Good luck and you have one heck of a project ahead of you...

WakeDoc    471

As promised here are pictures of the boat, on this post you are looking at the port (regular) side of the boat. The pictures do not do justice to just how much damage there truly is.

Port Side, Visually this is the most damage side of the boat.

med_gallery_66_113_29667.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_21775.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_24194.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_52203.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_49311.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_76972.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_11350.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_4340.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_21068.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_44467.jpg

WakeDoc    471

Starboard Side, This set of pictures are of the starboard (goofy) side of the boat. Does not look at bad as the port side and was not at first but, as the boat sat since the accident the top cap and hulls have separated most the length of the boat. I will post some pictures of that later, do not have them with me right now.

med_gallery_66_113_22026.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_5930.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_31695.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_3237.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_5833.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_15840.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_19987.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_31985.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_19324.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_2237.jpg

WakeDoc    471

Tower, Shot of the tower from the bow and stern really show twisting and flexing the boat went through. The stress is so bad in the hull that the boat has been popping and cracking from time to time.

med_gallery_66_113_54378.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_12055.jpg

Trailer, all I can is wow for as much as it went through it never came off the hitch. This Boatmate trailer was the best trailer I have ever had, nothing but, impressed by how well it held up considering everything it went through. I will always have a Boatmate trailer under every boat I own in the future.

med_gallery_66_113_63131.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_13910.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_19225.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_26924.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_10057.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_27651.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_24723.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_62258.jpg

lilredridenwood, I am not replacing her with a

X2

or a

X3

Spud, shame on both of you for ever thinking that I would move to Mastercraft

:realmad::thumbsup::clapping::rofl:

falcon_v    0

I am crying this is so sad sorry again and I don't cry. Would you like me to come to Texas and kick the radio-edit who hit you. He should go to jail for murder of a boat and one truck and the rest of the stuff he caused lol. :rofl::realmad::thumbsup::clapping:

duffymahoney    10

I wonder what the insurance company will do with her? Do they sell them to boat yards, scrap yards?

enzo101mo    98

Unbelievable. Can you save the wheels & tires and how are the tower speakers? The more I look at this by the boat flying off the trailer may have saved you folks. If that boat came whipping around could have crash into you 4600 lbs plus the speed it was travling at. It sad to see but, thank God you're all safe.

WakeDoc    471

Not sure what they will do with the boat.

Yes I believe you are right I truely believe that if the boat had not come off the trailer that the outcome could have been much worse, thankfully it worked out the way it did.

Spud    7
Tower, Shot of the tower from the bow and stern really show twisting and flexing the boat went through. The stress is so bad in the hull that the boat has been popping and cracking from time to time.

med_gallery_66_113_54378.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_12055.jpg

Trailer, all I can is wow for as much as it went through it never came off the hitch. This Boatmate trailer was the best trailer I have ever had, nothing but, impressed by how well it held up considering everything it went through. I will always have a Boatmate trailer under every boat I own in the future.

med_gallery_66_113_63131.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_13910.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_19225.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_26924.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_10057.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_27651.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_24723.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_62258.jpg

lilredridenwood, I am not replacing her with a

or a

Spud, shame on both of you for ever thinking that I would move to Mastercraft

:thumbsup::clapping::rofl::rofl:

Ha Ha ha... Glad to see your up in spirits.

Yeah those pictures do justice for me alright. That is amazing !!

:realmad:

Troy    234

WOW!!! you can see the tower bent on the photos. WOW Those are some good tower speakers to stay attached during that whole situation!

For your next boat I personally like the White/Blue Ovation in the back ground of your last picture of the boat you posted. LOL. Once again, Glad no one got hurt and keep us updated with pics of what might be next.

rizza32    0

That sucks Doc, but it sounds like you have a small army of boaters down south that'll get you back out on the water. Some water time is just what you need to help take your mind off things while the insurance thing works itself out.