WakeDoc

What a Weekend, you will not believe this?

kmoney    2

yea good idea on buying the salvage back. Take everything out you can. Also maybe you could sell the boat to a dealer (for something) and they could put a post through it and put it high up in the air for advertising cause its got a sick wrap. Totally blows cant believe your tire was sheered off. horrific accident, but cant wait to see your next boat. Gonna keep the murdered out look?

WakeDoc    471

WOW...The out pour of concern is greatly appricated by both Andrea and I, great to know we have so many caring friends in not only the CenturionCrew community but, also the boating community in general. I have tried to reply to everyone several times but, believe it or not have just been at a loss for words. A little out of it since the shock has worn off and the fact of dealing with everything has set in. I have tried several times to go back through the pictures we took that day but, have not had the stomach to finish. Give us a little time and we will get the pictures of the boat posted and I will go back and respond to all questions and concerns.

Again the show of concern has been fantastic and surely helped through this dark time of boating for us, thank you again each and everyone of you from Andrea, Romeo and myself, we will be back on the water before you know it!

Spud    7

I am looking forward to seeing y'all back on the water sooner than later... I don't know what I would do if I was in your shoes. This site has shown how a small community of people can become friends without ever meeting in person. That is awesome.

tclark210    0

Ken,

I am glad to hear that all of ya'll are ok. Breaks my heart seeing one of the twins in that condition. If you need anyhelp with the claim on the boat and truck, just give me a call or shoot me an email. I have plenty of experience with it and am more than willing to help.

Travis

254-424-2201

wakeroller    0

Thank the MAN you guys are ok. A 4500# boat doesn't slam across a busy interstate without major consequences by chance.

If you need more bright side, think about what we can do to with the trailer starting from scratch instead of pimpin out a base trailer! Have to get you some logging chains, though, instead of ratchet straps for the transom.

Bigcatpt    408

WOW! That is crazy! Glad everyone is OK! Its just not right seeing that sweet scoot sitting in the middle of the freeway! I have heard that the best thing that can happen in a bad accident is for the boat to break away from the trailer. That is probably what kept you from flipping the truck. The straps we all use are for keeping the boat on the trailer under normal operating conditions. You want them to break loose when the Shiiat really hits the fan.

Glad you are all OK! Looking forward to what you design next!

desotodave    0

Wake Doc,

Glad that everyone is OK! Too bad about the boat, but I guess that is why we have insurance! Sorry to see that you will have to start over with your graphics etc. Hopefully your insurance company will look at NEW replacement cost and not take into account all of those REPO boats out there selling for pennies. So glad that you have a great dealer that you can count on. When you have issues that is worth more than gold.

WakeDoc    471

Again EVERYONE, Thanks for all of the concern, it means a lot to us. Well can't say it has been a normal week, far from it, dealing with multiple vehicles, located in multiple locations, insured with multiple companies. Thought we would give everyone an update. Found out late yesterday that the truck has officially been totaled, we do not have a final amount but, at this point we are just happy that it was totaled considering how much damage had been inflicted on it. We really did not feel it would have been a safe tow vehicle in the future if it had been repaired. So at this point the truck is a total loss, there is no way the trailer is not and I have an appointment with the boat surveyor tomorrow afternoon and we should have an official ruling on the boat.

We are looking for a Dodge truck to replace our previous one with, if anyone has a contact, idea or suggestion on how to get a truck as cheap as possible please send me a PM. It was not in our plans to be looking for a truck this week and with a limited rental we have to pull the trigger quickly, so any help would be GREAT!

Troy    234

Ken,

Did you find out if the Boat was totaled or not? If totaled are you going to be able to strip it?

Have you found a new truck yet?

Just curious.

Thanks

Troy

Bigshow    0

One more WOW!! I've been off line for a week, missed a lot.

So glad to hear that everyone is OK.

Edited by Bigshow

any report on the boat. what did the insurance adjuster have to say? I am still in shock and its not my rig! I cant imagine the people in the oncoming lanes with a boat laying in the interstate!

WakeDoc    471

Truck is totaled, after a little haggling over the wheels and lift we got what we think is a fair amount for the truck. The surveyor met me at Texas Sport Boats on Friday to look at the boat. Answer was he would have to write a report and send it to the insurer for review and they would contact me about it. So for now we sit and wait.

Spud    7

That is the worst period... Hang in there !! I find Beer helps the time pass.

WakeDoc    471

I have found a lot of Crown does as well and also helps you sleep better... :thumbsup:

Carter13    69

WakeDoc,

Glad to hear you are getting your truck replaced and being paid a fair price.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that you will get the same outcome for your Enzo.

BTW, you seem to be in really great spirits considering what happend and that is awesome.

WakeDoc,

Glad to hear you are getting your truck replaced and being paid a fair price.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that you will get the same outcome for your Enzo.

BTW, you seem to be in really great spirits considering what happend and that is awesome.

I bet the mood would be a little diffrent if it wasnt the middle of winter!

WakeDoc    471

Thanks guys!

For sure this has been far from easy, was not fun today haggling over the value of our truck that I was 100% happy with and had no intention of getting rid of. Not much else we can do but, keep our chins up and move on. We both walked away for the accident that is all that really matters and we are extremely happy for that, gear can be replaced.

I bet the mood would be a little diffrent if it wasnt the middle of winter!

LOL...middle of winter??? We were on our way to surf, on a friends boat, after we dropped the boat at the dealer. We started riding in January, what sucks is we are going to miss one of our favorite times of the year in our boat. The great thing is we have friends with boats, so we should not miss too much.

You know that is one the neat things about boating. The friends you make. The same people that would not even look twice at you on the highway when you have a problem will be the first to pull over and give you hand if your boat is down on the water. Just like how everybody waves to each other on the water but around town they will not even look at you.

I really love our sport. It is great that Ken can just go jump on someone else's boat and keep on going.

I hope you get everything settled soon and you can get your new 240 on order ASAP. Let me know and maybe I will get down to Woodland to see if being built one or two times. Get some pictures for you.

Just remember every day is a Blessing from the Lord! :thumbsup:

enzo101mo    98

Hey Ken: I am mad at myself for not looking into your unbelieveable weekend story I just read it this morning. I could not believe what I was reading and seeing in those pictures it is unbeleiveable. I thank God You, your wife and your dog where safe. That's incrredable and as everyone said; toys can be replaced but people can't. So glad you and your family are OK.

If I were you I send this story and pictures to the Boating Mags. for others to read. Also to Centurion Boats to show how tuff Centurion boats are really built (great ad for Cenurion). Any other boat flying across the divider would have broken into many pieces and thank god no one ran into it.

Can't wait to see your new rig and boat.