Sign in to follow this  
Kyle

harmonic prop puller

WakeDoc    471
Has anyone tried these? how exactly do they work? I worry a little about loosing it if it just a nut of some kind.

http://www.barefootcentral.com/browseprodu...rop-Puller.HTML

You screw it on in place of the nut that holds the prop on leaving a gap between it and the prop, then hit the end of the puller with a hammer, the idea is that the harmonics ring through the shaft and prop, vibrating the prop loose...basically. Buy one of the kits below. Personally I would not be beating on the end of my shaft which rings through everything it is connected to.

prop_kit_2.jpg

h20king    794

I have close to the same one as doc I have a 4x4 covered with carpet to put between the prop and boat to remove the nut.I bought my puller from.elberts marine

elc    2

I have basically the same puller that doc and h20. I also like it.

LakeSurfer    10

I have the same one as WakeDoc. I am mechanically challenged and even I can change a prop with it. I just ordered the kit with my new prop from Acme.

Oldwakedude    0
Has anyone tried these? how exactly do they work? I worry a little about loosing it if it just a nut of some kind.

http://www.barefootcentral.com/browseprodu...rop-Puller.HTML

The harmonic puller screws onto the end of the shaft, (leave 1/4" clearance to prop), and when hit with a hammer (three light taps of a regular hammer), vibrates the prop loose. Of course first you have to remove the prop nut.

Regular puller looks sort of like a c-clamp and literally pulls the prop off, shown above. When using a regular puller don't take the nut off, leave it on (back it off a couple turns, but ensure shaft end is exposed to puller pad) so the prop won't fall off. Once the prop is loose remove the nut and gently slide the prop off and watch for the key.

Edited by Oldwakedude