tank222

Tower's Is Cracked On Both Sides

tank222    2

So my evolution tower is cracked, put the tower down to put the boat in the garage and was looking at the wiring the tower is cracked on both sides were it pivots. The left side is total broken and the right side is cracked and evolution towers are out of business and the new company has no parts for it at all. So i'm screwed. And I dont have warranty on the boat because I never transfered it but if I did It would not be warranty any way, so says centurion.

I am not much help here but that sucks. Honestly it is a fear of mine too. I have an evo tower, still under warranty, and it creaked all summer. That coupled with having read on this site that three or so evo towers have cracked has me concerned.

T

Packrat    13

I guess my question would be why wouldn't it be covered if the warranty was still valid.

Sounds to me like the classic "defect in materials or workmanship".

If they would not cover it, is there something we need to do (or not do) to prevent it from happening in the first place?

Who have you contacted at Centurion?? Let me know, I might be able to get you a phone number of someone else, dont know if it will help...All this tower breaking stuff really scares me

Carter13    69

The tower issues you guys are having sucks bad and hopefully Fineline will cover you.

If you have the bank look at replacing with a Samson Switchblade. They are sweet.

h20king    794

sorry you guys are haveing trouble with your towers the problem with the evo towers is that the arch is cast which is not as strong as a tower made from tube but was cheaper to make because no royalties paid to nautique who has the pattent on welded towers you might look in to the double up tower which i think might be a direct replacement or you can do like carter said and contact samsonsports with your mounting measurements and they will make one of thier towers to fit your boat good luck oh yeay think i saw a double up tower for a enzo on greatlakes skipper for 950.00

tank222    2

I"ve talked to shell at fine-line and pretty much i'm screwed on warranty I"m the second owner and never transferred it, and she pretty much said If I did transfer it that the tower would not be covered any way. I talked to the new people that bought the evo tower company and they said take pictures and maybe they can fab something up? I might just drill holes through it and make it permanent for now cause i'm definitely not buying a new tower any time soon I just bought a $40,000 truck.

h20king    794

wow that realy sucks you could try to drill and bolt the two pieces together but i would think load the tower could handle would still be reduced makeing it un safe to cary boards speakers or tow people and will have to be replaced sooner or later as this is a safety issue

tank222    2

I didn't realize it was cracked until I put the tower down, or maybe it didn't crack until i put the tower down?

h20king    794

common problem with the evo tower since it is a safety issue you think centurion would be more willing to help

it is frustrating that there is such little support from Centurion - great boats - but those are the types of things that make Mastercraft, Malibu, Tige and others look so appealing. It would be fantastic to get some dealer support and in this case manufacturer support.

Know they just purchase the towers from a third party, but way too easy for Fineline to be the victim - if they want repeat customers would expect they work with a supplier to properly engineered parts to replace the failed components - I don't think most would mind paying for them - ultimately looks like people will end up having to replace the whole tower or having parts machined...

I was thinking of trading my Falcon in for a Enzo - this makes me rethink that and look at the X2!

tank222    2

Maybe this thing will sink and I'll get a boat with some backing that's not going out of business.

Kevin Baugh    78

Don't buy a Malibu they metacraft made there towers to

WakeDoc    471

Guys keep in mind that every boat manufacture has its issues, Malibu has the same problem as Centurion why do you think they went to a new type of tower. Mastercraft, didn't they have to add an extra support bar in the upper corners of their towers because of the sway and then kept putting them on boats like it was supposed to be like that? Once again all the manufatures have their fair share of problems it is just how they handle them.

absolutely all manufacturers have there issues. Also difficult when you are actually assembling/selling third party parts (eninges/towers/controls) etc. but still need to ensure they take care of their customers if they want repeat business...

But, also believe it is reasonable to assume Centurion steps up and ensures parts are made available to replace failed parts (would mean they have 'X' number of parts machined, and beefed up where they are failing).

But it seems to me that none of us on here heard about these problems with the Evolution until after Metcraft went out of business last fall. The first I heard of this problem was in the last couple of months by post on CenturionCrew. Never saw anything on WakeWorld about it until today. I wander how many of them there really are? What is the percentage of failure to the amount produced? 1 or 2% would be very low percenage for any product. So how would Centurion be able to redesign and beef up something that started failing after the producer went out of business seems like a good question to me?

By the way the new towers on Tige where also designed and produced by Metcraft. I understand that XTP is now producing them, so I wander how good the design and quality of those are? Maybe if all of the owners that have had an Evolution fail should get together and go after XTP as they bought the company and own the castings and plans. They should be able to produce them and maybe do some kind of beefing up to strengthen them.

I have not issues with mine as of yet. But one thing I have always made sure of was that I never pull more than one rider and I never pull a tube or skier off of mine. I also will not tie my boat to it. I have seen all three of these things done with towers out on the lake. Especially tubes, if someone dumps off of a tube and it is the enclosed kind and it flips over. It is like dragging a parachute. The tube fills up with water and can stop the boat. Way more force on the tower than anyone can imagine. My boat has decals on the tower warning not to pull tubes and to make sure that all bolts are checked for tightness everyday of use.

Just some thoughts,

Edited by CenturionSkier

tank222    2

I don't understand how a manufacture can not have a fix or parts available for a know problem. I never pull any thing other than wake boarders with it, if i use a tube witch I've only done twice I use the ski pylon.

Kevin Baugh    78

Well it is pretty easy Centurion/Malibu/Tige purchased towers from metcraft.

Metcraft is/was responsible for the warranty. They also own all of the castings for the towers

Centurion/Malibu/Tige has no way to manufacture those towers or parts for the towers.

tank222    2
Well it is pretty easy Centurion/Malibu/Tige purchased towers from metcraft.

Metcraft is/was responsible for the warranty. They also own all of the castings for the towers

Centurion/Malibu/Tige has no way to manufacture those towers or parts for the towers.

O really never thought of that. THANKS

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..