Trojan man    0

Hey everyone, just got my first Centurion two days ago, an 06 Elite V C4. Finally put it in the water today.

Didn't get to ride around any though because the VDrive warning light on the dash would not go out. It says not to run if light stays on above 1200 rpm. The boat has 115 hrs. and I just had the V Drive serviced, so I know the fluid is new and levels are good ( I practically helped the mechanic do it).

Any chance this could be a loose wire.

There is s sensor on the V-Drive that when the fluid pressure gets to a certain level it breaks a circuit in the negative wire to the light. So if there was a loose wire the light would not turn on at all. So my guess would be a bad switch on the V-Drive or you have a pressure problem with the V-Drive fluid.

You could hook a test light up to the switch and a positive source and then go and run the boat to see if it stays on, but I think the best thing would be to get a new switch and try it. If it does the same then you have a pressure problem in the V-Drive.

Good Luck,

Trojan man    0

Lets see if I got this,

The sensor is normally closed when the pressure is below a certain level. When operating pressure is reached the contact opens (breaking dc neg) and the light goes out. How long would the V Drive function if it were not a bad sensor.

Thanks. Where in North Carolina are you. I am in western NC near Marion.

Edited by Trojan man

You have it right on the way the switch operates. I really suspect that you have a bad switch. Not sure how far you are from Get Wet Marine outside Greensboro, but they should be able to get you another switch from Fineline.

I am over by Lake Gaston.

Trojan man    0

I just checked the oil level and it looks fine, but it looks like it still has a little sludge in it, maybe a little milky (hard to tell in the dark with a flahlight). As I mentioned before I just got the boat and you can never know how meticulous the previous owner was.

I do know the fluid was changed a couple of days ago because I watched the mechanic myself. If the oil is milky, would that indicate a crack from improper winterizing last year? (its not been could enough yet this year). That would mean the previous owner cruised around all summer with a cracked v drive.

I have heard that sometimes the oil must be changed a couple of times to get it completely clean.

yes 3 times to clean

did the mech say there was water in it?

you know on walter v drives there is a drain that everybody forgets!

Trojan man    0

No the mechanic did not mention anything about water now that you mention it. I am going to order a new oil switch, and oil drain pump first thing in the morning. Hopefully I can get them here before the weekend.

Trojan man    0

Thanks for all the help guys, I got a new oil pressure drop switch yesturday and that fixed the light problem.

jlhenry1    1

Nice work. Mine does the same. Have had no problem out of the v-drive, just haven't taken the switch out and added a new one yet. Glad it worked for you.

Any info on how easy the switch is to fix. Amd a parts number? My light stays on amd goes off as soon as i give it some throttle.  

volzalum    280

It supposed to go off when you give it throttle. If it’s on above 1200 RPM, it’s letting you know you have a problem.