tthib    0

Can anyone please tell me how many blue drain plugs there are on the 2008 Black Scorpion 330? Also, how do you winterize the ballast system?

h20king    794

there are seven blue drain plugs and for the balast empty strainer and tanks and add rv antifreze

Carter13    69

I have 8 on mine but it is an 05.

islander033    2

Mine also has 8 blue drain plugs. 5 on the port and 3 on the starboard side.

duramat    462

7 if you have a shower :good:

DarksideR    1,679

Ha ha! I know this one! :good: Mine has 8 as well. 2006, 5 port, 3 star.

Sorry, but I know very little about my boat, and was excited that I at least knew this! LOL.

islander033    2
Ha ha! I know this one! :good: Mine has 8 as well. 2006, 5 port, 3 star.

Sorry, but I know very little about my boat, and was excited that I at least knew this! LOL.

Show off! :good:

wakemeup    0

tthib,

For the ballast, I went out to the hardware store and bought the same tube width as the hose that my ballast water pump uses. I disconnected the tubing at the pump (easier that removing the tube at the raw intake), and stuck in the new tube to the pump. Then i dipped the other end of the new tube into a 5 gallon bucket of RV AF and ran it thru for all my ballast bags.

Also, my vdrive has 2 drain plugs that get removed also.

Everyone,

ON the 330 Black Scorpion MPI, do you need to fog the intake or take out the spark plugs and spray the holes with fogging oil?

Bigcatpt    408
tthib,

For the ballast, I went out to the hardware store and bought the same tube width as the hose that my ballast water pump uses. I disconnected the tubing at the pump (easier that removing the tube at the raw intake), and stuck in the new tube to the pump. Then i dipped the other end of the new tube into a 5 gallon bucket of RV AF and ran it thru for all my ballast bags.

Also, my vdrive has 2 drain plugs that get removed also.

Everyone,

ON the 330 Black Scorpion MPI, do you need to fog the intake or take out the spark plugs and spray the holes with fogging oil?

I run a little RV AF through my ballast pumps but not my ballast sacs. I just disconnect them and empty them out run fresh water through them and lay them out to dry with the plugs out. If there is a little water in the bottom it won't hurt the sacs to freeze. Freezing is only a problem in tight restricted area's where there is no room to expand.

Anyone know how many blue plugs on the Mercrusiser mag 350 (315 HP)?

h20king    794

i allways fog the engine i think its more important than antifreze where there is air there is corosion foging preventf the rings from leaving rust spots on the cylinder before draining conect water start boat rev to 2000 remove pcv hose from valve cover and add atf till engine smokes heavy then turn off and your done drain all systems disconect battery losen belt and your finished

NO FOGGING OIL

just add 2 tablespoons of 2 stroke oil into the new fuel filter

MERC has a new way to winterize as of 2008

Some good info in these manuals. Thought I'd share for those who haven't come across them.

http://www.mercurymarine.com/serviceandwar.../tow-sports.php

Also, some thing interesting. My local dealer said they don't use antifreeze through anything. They just drain the engine and ballast strainer. They also said they fog through the air intake. I haven't winterized mine yet but I'm going to follow the manual above.

h20king    794

thats how we fog it to theres a hose that goes from the air intake to the pcv remove from pvc side wile runing and ad d atf untill engine starts to smoke the cleaning agents in atf help break down any carbon build up and prevents the rings from leaving marks on the cylinder walls

thats how we fog it to theres a hose that goes from the air intake to the pcv remove from pvc side wile runing and ad d atf untill engine starts to smoke the cleaning agents in atf help break down any carbon build up and prevents the rings from leaving marks on the cylinder walls

Am I reading this correct? You like to use automatic transmission fluid rather than 2 cycle oil when you fog?

h20king    794

you are reading correct my brother owns a boat repair shop here in gresham oregon www.gonyeasmarine .com we have ben winterizeing them this way for many years on many boats with great results

wakemeup    0

So on the Mercruiser Black Scorpion 330 MPI, besides pulling the 8 blue plugs, pulling the 2 vdrive plugs, and maybe fogging the intake ... should I remove any hoses and leave them off for the winter season and put it back on when the season starts?

h20king    794

those days of pulling hoses are over unless you have heat and a shower if you do make shure you blow out the heater by pulling both hoses and use air to blow out water and make shure to drain shower

DarksideR    1,679
Ha ha! I know this one! :clapping: Mine has 8 as well. 2006, 5 port, 3 star.

Damnit, now after I showed off... (thanks islander) I can't find one of the 5 port plugs :(

They are all blue right?

duramat    462

yes, blue, try way way down under in the back! (little kids come in handy for this my friend) :clapping: