h20king

exhaust mod

h20king    794

Have been thinking of installing silent rider exhaust tips like the ones malibu uses made of stainless with a turn dowm to reduce noise and fumes behind the boat has any one done this and how did it work out found the tips for 320 for the set

WakeDoc    471

If you want to reduce noise and fumes go with a Fresh air Exhaust, you could do the black powder coated for around $400 or stainless for a little more. Well worth the money one of the best things we have added to our boat.

h20king    794

my concern is that the fae will not fit with the switchblade with out modification

WakeDiva    2
If you want to reduce noise and fumes go with a Fresh air Exhaust, you could do the black powder coated for around $400 or stainless for a little more. Well worth the money one of the best things we have added to our boat.

I will say I didn't know what to expect from it at first, but like Doc says it is one of the BEST add ons to our boat. :animier: I absolutely love the reduction of noise and fumes, plus it looks pretty darn cool while on the trailer... like a fancy muffler :rofl:

WakeDoc    471

Ahhhh. I would talk to DR. MANN at FEA and see if it is possible. I would think you might be able to add a second set of supports and angle the down tube back a bit and make it work. Who knows he might even give a discount for helping him out?

h20king    794

well if no one has tried them ill order and be the first ill post pics in the spring allready done the research and they will fit with little modification if anyone else is interested in the idea you can find them at bakesmarine.com our season is over so the mods begin

WakeDoc    471
well if no one has tried them ill order and be the first ill post pics in the spring allready done the research and they will fit with little modification if anyone else is interested in the idea you can find them at bakesmarine.com our season is over so the mods begin

h20king, do take and post a lot of pics of the install, very intrested, our next boat might have a switchblade.

Joe B    17

I called FAE years ago about getting one for a switchblade boat and got the thumbs down.

Keep us posted on the turned down tips.

I've thought about getting tips and having my own duel-fae type made, but haven't gotten serious enough.

Carter13    69

H2O,

Like Joe B said, if you go with the turn down tips let us know how it turns out because I was thinking going the same route.

The FAE will not work with storing my Avy in my garage.

islander033    2
H2O,

Like Joe B said, if you go with the turn down tips let us know how it turns out because I was thinking going the same route.

The FAE will not work with storing my Avy in my garage.

I took my FAE/platform off before shoving the boat into my carhold. It wasn't too bad.

Carter13    69
I took my FAE/platform off before shoving the boat into my carhold. It wasn't too bad.

I just don't have the time to dismatle all that stuff.

I live on 5.5 acres and that is where all my time goes when I am not on the water. :D

On the plus side I can take a piss right outside my front or back door and there are no neighbors that can see. :band:

WakeDoc    471
I live on 5.5 acres and that is where all my time goes when I am not on the water. :

5 acres? you need a barn... :band:

Carter13    69
5 acres? you need a barn... :band:

Around these parts we call it a shop. Barns are for animals you city slicker. :D

I would have one built in a second but we don't have the money for it right now. Hopefully in a few years if the economy turns around.

I am wanting a 36' x 72' with two 12' wide x 14' high doors.

jquick    0

i checked out bakesmarine, are you refering to the turn down pipes? they look cool but it says they only fit malibu's.

h20king    794

yeah those are the ones i think they will fit though the muffler on my falcon reduces from4.50 to 3.50 and they are for a3.50 exhaust which is the same size on most newer boats

The last time I was at Fineline in Woodland, Les Clark showed me some boats they where building for Europe. He told me that in Europe they have muck tighter sound level requirements. So working with Eddie Marine have developed a set of SS Tips that have a muffler installed in them.

I will try calling him on Monday to see if he can take a picture of one and send it to me to post. Maybe I can get a cost as well, or maybe you can contact Eddie Marine to see if they can quote you a price.

I would think they would be a direct replacement as they are mounted in the same place on the boat. They will be quieter but will not change the exhaust emissions any like the Sideswipe does.

duffymahoney    10

Please do! This would be a great addition to boats with switchblades.

jquick    0

i too am interested.... hmmm may a group buy???

Here are a couple of pictures I got from Les this morning.

They look kind of interesting. Seems to be something inserted into the tips to quiet them down.

I would call Eddies Marine about these and see what they would do for a Group Buy.

post-75-1255959883_thumb.jpg

post-75-1255959892_thumb.jpg

CrewAdmin    192

Thank you CenturionSkier for the recommendation.

If we have enough interest from the community, I can look into a possible group buy a/k/a Crew Deals.

Feel free to post your recommendation and/or interest on this thread: Crew Deals :good: