h20king

exhaust mod

volzalum    280

Thanks. I hope to have my boat on the water either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning here. I am trying to finish up my ballast install and water test everything at once.

h20king    794

did you get out yet???I might get out tomorrow if the weather holds it quit raining this morning and looks like it might be nice for a day I'm keeping my fingers crossed

volzalum    280

No, I spent all day trying to button up the rest of the boat. I hope to get on the water tomorrow afternoon. The weather here is perfect, and my friends are pinging me non stop to get out.

volzalum    280

OK, So I got out on the water today. The boat sounds great with these tips. I was driving at 3200 rpm and could carry on a conversation with people in the bow of the boat. Neither of us were yelling. With my prop this is about 25 mph. The tips were under water when surfing too with no issues.

volzalum    280

Here is a short video at about 2000 RPM you can hear the music but not the boat ... the tips are very quiet!!

h20king    794

Duffy just do it order up and quit second guessing your self LOL

Edited by h20king

duffymahoney    10

Ordered:) I think I have a buyer for my FAE also. Now all I need is a manual switchblade:)

h20king    794

your wave will be out of control huge with the blade it is amazing what it does to the size of the wave mine was making a barrel during water tests

jquick    0

im loving the under water lights. i think you just sold me on those. :spiteful:

Here is a short video at about 2000 RPM you can hear the music but not the boat ... the tips are very quiet!!

duffymahoney    10

I think I might have to do too much work to get the regular switchblade installed. I would have to re-do my trim tab, and center ballast intake. But if I get the manual unit I don't have to do anything.

duffymahoney    10

How long did it take them to ship? I haven't heard back from them. What sealant did you use? Does it come with a gasket for the transom?

volzalum    280

If you are talking about the tips, call Bakes and ask if they are in stock. When I ordered they were out of stock and took about 3 weeks. I used the Bakes recommended sealant. There is no gasket.

duffymahoney    10

Shipping today! Hopefully going to test this weekend if the weather holds.

Dreamer    96

These turn down pipes do not release the exhaust under the water the way an fae does. I have surfed behind a malibu with these tips and I could smell the exhaust while riding.

volzalum    280

They were probably not running the same amount of ballast that we are though. I could not smell the exhaust behind mine this weekend. Last year I could smell it. You are correct though, they do not extend down as far as the FAE. They basically turn down about 2.5 inches lower than the stock exhaust.

duffymahoney    10

Yeah it wont be as good. I guess I have weighted the pros and cons and I would rather have the tips. They will help. If I could do it all over again I would have installed the standard length plate at a better angle, then my fae wouldn't hurt the wave. Also 2.5 below is awesome! The water should do the rest of the work.

Edited by duffymahoney

duffymahoney    10

The tips should be below the transom at surf angle- wakeboarding angle. My exhaust outlets are very low on the transom. Here is a picture. I measured and I think I should be good. I just hope it doesn't put a nasty wash in my wave.

post-350-1271869956_thumb.jpg

Foiler    1

I wonder if some like this MB Sport have would work. I like how they extend even further down.

post-868-1271875623_thumb.jpg

duffymahoney    10

You shouldn't need that much downturn on my boat. The mb's exhaust outlets are much higher than mine. Honestly each model would need different lengths. If they were to long then the tips could have too much water pressure on them. The FAE is braced off the swim deck. The longer tips would also need some sort of bracing system.

h20king    794

the tips were completely underwater when I tested my boat as well and they did not affect the wave or the wake Fae is OK if you do not have a blade but will not work with one.And at half the price as a Fae they are hard to beat.to seal them I used clear 5200