duramat

Wall storage for your gear!

renobruin    0

I like it, thanks for the clarification Duramat!

Bigcatpt    408

Here is what I did in the the new garage that is called the "Dawg House"

1. Surfboard and wakeboard rack (2x4's, 1 inch PVC, PVC fittings, gorilla glue, and a few screws)

2. Lifejacket racks (home depot ladder racks and some heavy duty plastic hangers)

3. Kneeboard racks (same as wakeboard racks). Also wetsuit racks (same as lifejacket racks)

4. Rope hanger and wetsuits. I plan to hang two more ladder hanger racks in between the wetsuits and ropes that I can hang my tube on using the two front handles on the tube. It can hang there and drip dry.

5. This is the "loft" I had built in the garage. It is off the ground 8 1/2 feet and it is 6 feet deep and 18 feet across. It has carpet up there and is used for storing extra boat gear, kayak stuff, camping stuff, and lot of other things. It is built study enought to hold thousands of pounds of stuff. This is also where I will make my bed and be sleeping if I get kicked out.... the "Dawg House"..... I have room on the wall (and its already wired) for a 60" flatscreen just in case.... The loft is the perfect height that when the boat is in the garage I can stand on the back seat or on the sundeck area and reach all the boating stuff up there.

6. A view of the whole side of the garage

7. A look up on the top of the "loft". I built another shelf up there for additional storage

8. Everything has a home. Even all the fishing rods.....

9. I am really excited that I installed perfect pass last week!!!!! Stargazer GPS! They even had the Centurion faceplate to match. I can't wait to get out and try it out!!!!

renobruin    0

KILLER garage! I was going to get around to posting my garage mod's, but after yours, why bother! :stuart:

I've used my Stargazer only once, but I'm SOOOOOO pleased with it so far.

WakeDoc    471

Can you come over and do that to my garage? Should take you more than a week or two?

islander033    2

Has anyone got a good idea of how to get the kids tubes off the garage floor? I tried the saw horse route with very little success. :stuart:

Bigcatpt    408

Islander,

My plan is to just hang the tube from the wall by using the tube handles and hanging them on some of the ladder racks. I will hang the racks tonight and post some pics.....

Working on the snowboard racks and workbench this week......

Renobruin.... I can't wait to try out my stargazer!!!! I hope I installed it correctly. It powers up and gets a satelite reading. So far so good. I just need the weather to warm up so I can get out! Just to stop snowing would be a start!!!!!

Wakedoc..... I'll be right over. The problem is the supplies are pretty cheep. My time.... well not so cheep!!!! :stuart: But honestly if anyone needs any more details of how the board racks are put together I will be happy to help out!

Once the workbench and snowboard racks are done this week I can start on the ballast system for the boat. If I can figure out how to design it...

Bigcatpt

duramat    462

Damn that looks so good!! Cat I garantee your racks are stronger than mine, infact Im planning on redoing mine all over again the question is when and what paycheck it will be! I wish I had called you while I was down in Happy Valley today I would of loved to have come by and check out your new dog house!! :)

islander033    2
Islander,

My plan is to just hang the tube from the wall by using the tube handles and hanging them on some of the ladder racks. ..........

Bigcatpt

I had thought of that as well but i'm afraid that once the tubes are hung by the handles the bladder orientation to the fill holes and such will be messed up.

.......I wish I had called you while I was down in Happy Valley today I would of loved to have come by and check out your new dog house!! :)

You sparky's are always looking for free beer in someones boat hold.

islander033    2

Another old thread but what the hell.

Here is my newest attempt at racks in my new place. I know the garage is a mess...lol.

post-115-1277569148_thumb.jpg

PS. I still have nothing that works well for the kid's tube....

DarksideR    1,679

Here is my newest attempt at racks in my new place. I know the garage is a mess...lol.

Man, I need a garage!

bluesman280    99

Possible option for hanging tubes when deflated. At least this is my plan if I ever get around to getting the garage cleaned.

1. Cut a 2x4 or 4x4 about 6' - 7' long or as needed for your size of tube.

2. Drill a hole down through each end, install a bolt through eye let or you can just use a screw in type eye let.

3. Paint the 2x4 or 4x4. (Not sure if untreated wood would stain the tube, painting it should avoid any staining)

4. Hang it from the ceiling at the appropriate height. Probably with the chain used for swing sets from the local hardware store.

5. Drape your tube over both sides of the hanger bar to drip dry and stay clean.

Might be able to set this up to hang underneath your life jackets depending on the height that you hang you life jackets at.

If you hang the tube hanger bar with chain, you might even be able to mount a round wood closet bar between the chains to hang life jackets from.

I see a project I need to start right after I get the garage clean.

Good luck guys, hope it works out for someones garage.

islander, is that a IS swallow?? how do you like it??

Bigcatpt    408
Here is what I did in the the new garage that is called the "Dawg House"

1. Surfboard and wakeboard rack (2x4's, 1 inch PVC, PVC fittings, gorilla glue, and a few screws)

2. Lifejacket racks (home depot ladder racks and some heavy duty plastic hangers)

3. Kneeboard racks (same as wakeboard racks). Also wetsuit racks (same as lifejacket racks)

4. Rope hanger and wetsuits. I plan to hang two more ladder hanger racks in between the wetsuits and ropes that I can hang my tube on using the two front handles on the tube. It can hang there and drip dry.

5. This is the "loft" I had built in the garage. It is off the ground 8 1/2 feet and it is 6 feet deep and 18 feet across. It has carpet up there and is used for storing extra boat gear, kayak stuff, camping stuff, and lot of other things. It is built study enought to hold thousands of pounds of stuff. This is also where I will make my bed and be sleeping if I get kicked out.... the "Dawg House"..... I have room on the wall (and its already wired) for a 60" flatscreen just in case.... The loft is the perfect height that when the boat is in the garage I can stand on the back seat or on the sundeck area and reach all the boating stuff up there.

6. A view of the whole side of the garage

7. A look up on the top of the "loft". I built another shelf up there for additional storage

8. Everything has a home. Even all the fishing rods.....

9. I am really excited that I installed perfect pass last week!!!!! Stargazer GPS! They even had the Centurion faceplate to match. I can't wait to get out and try it out!!!!

I have since deleted the pics that went with this post. So I will throw a couple back up of the "dawg house" I don't even own any of those surf boards any more.... LOL

post-188-1277765758_thumb.jpg

post-188-1277765763_thumb.jpg

post-188-1277765769_thumb.jpg

post-188-1277765776_thumb.jpg

post-188-1277765782_thumb.jpg

post-188-1277765788_thumb.jpg

post-188-1277765794_thumb.jpg

post-188-1277765800_thumb.jpg

islander033    2
islander, is that a IS swallow?? how do you like it??

I don't Swallow :crybaby: ......lol. It is a Sweet Spot. I like it alot :Rockon:

islander033    2
.....So I will throw a couple back up of the "dawg house" .....

Love the dawg house :crybaby:

DarksideR    1,679
Love the dawg house :crybaby:

X2 !

DarksideR    1,679

Does the plastic pipe leave any marks on the equipment? Could use foam pipe insulation, but was thinking it was probably unnecessary.

Bigcatpt    408
Does the plastic pipe leave any marks on the equipment? Could use foam pipe insulation, but was thinking it was probably unnecessary.

No marks from the PVC pipe. I was initially gonna pad the PVC with pipe insulation but its not needed....

duramat    462

I painted mine, so I do have to use the pads or I get scuff marks. I have new pics of mine I'll post up later (a week)

I finally started organizing my garage this week. I used a lot of the ideas from this thread so I figured I'd post the results. I built a 4' x 8' shelf for items I don't use very often which gave me a good place to hang tubes and sacs to dry. I still need to build the surf board rack but it will be the same as what others posted on here. There were some people asking for ideas to hang tubes off the floor. I pretty much did what Bigcat had suggested previously and hung the tube from one of the handles. The bladder in the tube I have really doesn't move around much but some of my older tubes do. For those, I just use a spring clamp to pinch the outer cover and bladder together so that the bladder doesn't fall. I also screwed some hooks into the bottom of the shelf and then drilled a hole in a spring clamp to hang it from the hook...the spring clamp will then hold the fat sacs while drying. See pics for details. Thanks everyone for the ideas on this thread.

post-695-0-49594200-1328400017_thumb.jpg

post-695-0-05254000-1328400029_thumb.jpg