duramat

Wall storage for your gear!

duramat    462

Ok, Im interested in looking on ways to better my storage for all my gear, and likewise others with the same questions. What storage mods have you done for all your gear, Skis, boards, foils, vests, suits, etc, etc, etc. Eventually I will be building a garage out back and then Id really like to get all the best ideas and use em. So I'll go first with what Ive done. Post up what you've done so others might get some ideas.

"Matt's Shrine", as my wife calls it.

post-50-1209833738_thumb.jpgpost-50-1209833762_thumb.jpg

The weed sprayer, was an idea I got from a friend who's dad owns a ski pond. When wiping the boat down use that to spray your vinegar and water. I now just use liquid wax and soap instead, works like a charm.

My rack I made out of 1" PVC with 45's I would extend the rack to the floor to help support the weight load. Mine is bending (pipe) in the middle supports. and padded with pipe insulation, I wish I allowed more distance between the boards, with the bindings they touch each other, and dont fit nicely.

I need to get my airchair off the ground, but Im open to ideas on how others have done it.

post-50-1209835428_thumb.jpgpost-50-1209835439_thumb.jpg

We picked up some big nylon gym bags at an outdoor retailer (like Cabella's) and I use those to put ropes in, and my pump and fatsacks in. a bigger one for the tube to go in woks well.

Kevin Baugh    78

Very nice! My system is ..... well lets just be frank I don't have a system:(

duramat    462

Kev, Ive imagined you with a ski collection that would rival Imelda Marcos's shoe collection! :yahoo:

tgaugh    2

I just need to find that 4 hour window of free time, I have boards all over the office the garage, the wall - it's a total mess. I can't even begin to take pictures. I'll post back as soon as my to-do list gets under 4 feet and I can tackle this long delayed project.

The racks look good Duramat, I want to build something similar that can hold all the boards today as well as tomorrows.

VaBeachBum    0

I started building a rack back in September or October. I got side tracked when what I had built looked vaguely familiar to a medieval torture device. It turned into an awesome prop for Halloween.

post-37-1210095629_thumb.jpg

post-37-1210095638_thumb.jpg

post-37-1210095650_thumb.jpg

post-37-1210095659_thumb.jpg

Edited by VaBeachBum

duramat    462

VA, that is awesome!!!! Im bustin a gut!

ladderrat    0

HEY ALL THOUGHT I'D ADD MY 2CENTS, HERE'S THE SETUP FOR NOW- GARAGE IS STILL UNFINISHED (PROBABLY WILL BE UNTIL BOATIN SEASON IS OVER) BUILT THE GARAGE WITH THE LAST BOAT- WENT BIGGER THAN NEEDED- GOOD THING- NEW BOAT BARELY FITS!

ANYWAY, THE BOARDS ARE HUNG TO THE POST USING "STUD GRABBERS" THEY ARE FROM THE LOCAL ACE HARDWARE- USED TO HANG LAWN EQUIPMENT IN SHEDS. TAKE 2 FOR TH BOTTOM AND 1 FOR THE TOP, PUT A PIECE OF PIPE INSULATION UNDER'EM AND WHAMMO- INSTANT BOARD RACK AND I CAN RUN EM ALL THE WAY UP THE WALL.

SIMPLE SCRAP WOOD DRILLED TO FIT A 3/4" PIPE FOR THE WET STUFF HANGER- WITH A RUBBER BOOT TRAY UNDER TO CATCH WATER

SAME TYPE OF BRACKETS WORKED FOR THE BIMINI TOP. STILL GOT ROOM TO THE LEFT FOR THE WYLLIS TO FIT:)

SNOWBOARD GEAR INRAFTERS UNTIL SEASON STARTS.....

LATER

DAVE

post-96-1211513076_thumb.jpg

post-96-1211513102_thumb.jpg

post-96-1211513125_thumb.jpg

post-96-1211513149_thumb.jpg

post-96-1211513178_thumb.jpg

Loanerzone    0

Talked to you at Utah Lake as we were leaving last saturday, and you were using your weed sprayer to help you wipe down your boat, what exactly did you put in it again? And how much of each?

Edited by Loanerzone

duramat    462

Loaner!! Sorry I missed ya Ive been at powell. My recipe: distilled water, liquid turtle wax (good looooong squirt) and a good dab of car wash soap. Seems to work for me.

Many will tell you about duckies or Babes, Ive yet to try it I just had this stuff kicken in the garage and it was cheap and simple. :rolleyes:

Next time stick around and help me on my wipe down! :rolleyes:

Loanerzone    0

I was getting eaten alive by Mosquitos, otherwise I would have!!! Headed to Powell in a couple of weeks, How was the weather and the water!

Bigcatpt    408
Loaner!! Sorry I missed ya Ive been at powell. My recipe: distilled water, liquid turtle wax (good looooong squirt) and a good dab of car wash soap. Seems to work for me.

Many will tell you about duckies or Babes, Ive yet to try it I just had this stuff kicken in the garage and it was cheap and simple. :good:

Next time stick around and help me on my wipe down! :nea:

Where did you get the recipe for your spray? I have always just used vinegar and water (about 1/2 cup vinegar to 4 cups water). I've always wondered if that is too hard on the gel coat... Anyone?

I like your garage racks, I have been thinking of something similar to that for the new "dawg house".

I need to take a picture of the sprayer I am using. Its a one handed pump up sprayer that is awesome and takes up less room.

Chris Stein    0

Is that recipe an alternative to "See Spot Go"?

duramat    462

BigCat, Chris~ I used vinegar and water last year and it worked. I just hated the smell and I was told that it stripped the wax. So I remembered vaguely about someone on WW who used liquid Wax and water with some car wash soap. I figured what Ive got to lose. It works pretty well so far and cheap :unknw:

islander033    2

I pretty much copied my wall rack from here---- http://www.milehighwakeboarding.com/Suppor...board-racks.htm

I made it to hold 5 boards and it actually doesn't look too bad in my car hold. Either way it is wayyyy better than what I previously was using, which was nothing.

Now I just need something to get the kid's tubes off the floor.......any suggestions?

Edited by islander033

duramat    462

islander what was your solution for the Tubes off the floor??

islander033    2
islander what was your solution for the Tubes off the floor??

I don't have one as of yet.

I'm considering some sort of saw horse configuation.

renobruin    0

Many will tell you about duckies or Babes, Ive yet to try it I just had this stuff kicken in the garage and it was cheap and simple. :)

Next time stick around and help me on my wipe down! :drinks:

Duramat - Dumb question, but with your recipe, how do you use it? Meaning, do you wet the boat, then spray, then just wipe dry?

rizza32    0

Alright why do I seem to be the only one whose garage is lined with tools, kids toy, bikes, crap, and oh yeah the wifes wall of camping. All my gear has to go into the so called man room. The wife lied, she new I would never actually have my own room. Should now be called the transition room or staging room. I can't complain to much the garage also houses the new avy.

duramat    462

Reno~ Basically as soon as we loaded up on the trailer and pulled out to the wipe down area I would just start spraying (get my sprayer and shake it up well) and whoever would follow behind and wipe down the boat dry. Seems to work pretty good so far. I never used it on my vynle, just damp towels to wipe them down then vynle cleaner later. Works for me for now, mabe later Ill try the proven stuff like babe's and duck stuff.

Riza~ Your not the only one bro, My garage has filled up even more since last year with the bikes and scooters. The kids bikes are double parked infront of my shrine. :) On the bright side,,, Im in the works to try and get a garage shop built this year so I can stop the finger popping out of the mouth sound my suburban makes everytime it backs out of the garage! :drinks: