Sign in to follow this  
solflower

The new 08 SV230 Enzo... maiden voyage!

solflower    0

Here it is folks... our new 08 enzo SV230... 5 ballasts, sideswipe, evo tower.... im pretty psyched.... but we definitely have some issues to iron out today...... First the servo top was falling off our perfect pass, made the throttle not work... fixed that... we ended up with the worlds WORST board racks, Skylon racks that they "threw in" for us at no cost... straps dont even clear the boards and they have no clearance to lock the straps into the rack even if they did make it around... we blew a fuse trying to bump our factory stereo... it absolutely needs some tower speakers and a sub and amps for both... playing with the Bennet trim tab was interesting... with it all the way down would splash water up at the surfers face (kind of annoying), however for no one sitting on the back corner and no extra weight from passengers we had a pretty stelar wake.... Finally we have the enzo sac on order, which should align all the stars to make for one of the best wakes in the GALAXY!!!!!!

: )

Heading up to Lake Don Pedro next week for 2 days... supposed to be 90 degrees... Summer is ALMOST HERE!!!

post-122-1209698502_thumb.jpg

post-122-1209698622_thumb.jpg

post-122-1209698736_thumb.jpg

WakeDoc    471

SWEEEEET!!! looking ride, really like the color choices!

duramat    462

That boat is FANDAMNTASTIC! Sweet ride, the Mattman is impressed! I want to see some video surfin behind that beast!

tgaugh    2

:rolleyes: NICE!!!

I'm with duramat - let's see some video of that wave!

Bigshow    0

Nice!

My experience with my old boat say that too much weight up front increases the spray at the surfer. I reconfirmed that with the Enzo last weekend. Setting the trim tab down is nearly the same effect as weight in the bow.

solflower    0
Nice!

My experience with my old boat say that too much weight up front increases the spray at the surfer. I reconfirmed that with the Enzo last weekend. Setting the trim tab down is nearly the same effect as weight in the bow.

So what is the optimal position for the trim tab?

Bigshow    0

The trim tab on my old boat was hydraulic - not on the new boat. The older Lightning hull would porpoise at high speeds unless you set the trim tab down. We used the trim tab on the Lightning to tweak the surf wake. We used more trim tab of the Starboard-Goofy side. I’ve read that the Inland Surfer guys do the same with their Enzos.

I don’t know much about setting the trim tab on an Enzo and since mine isn’t hydraulic I can’t really experiment.

Trim tab at 0%. Keep 85 - 90 % of the weight in the back. Nice boat!

Edited by Team CBK......Nate

Surfndav    0

I did not mean to poat here, sorry I'm new.

post-558-1242918872_thumb.jpg

Edited by Surfndav