Tmac73

2021 fi23 or 2023 supreme s22

Tmac73    0

So we are in the market for a new/newer boat.  Currently have a 2008 moomba XLV (original owners). Love to surf.  I also ski but will sacrifice it for surfing if these boats are truly worth it.   I can demo each one before buying… but figured I’d reach out to owners who know.   Most boats will need additional ballast/lead if u go with just one family of 4-5.   Obviously more people in boat helps the wave but we are told like so many… these boats stock crest huge waves without adding weight.   I have to believe it based on ballast numbers but….     Based on personal experience can anyone provide input on either boat and if they had a choice which one to go with?   New supreme is about 15k more than the slightly older centurion.  (Note… the 21FI only has 18 hours) so basically either option are new boats.  

any thoughts on these boats is greatly appreciated.  

Troy. R    198
1 hour ago, Tmac73 said:

So we are in the market for a new/newer boat.  Currently have a 2008 moomba XLV (original owners). Love to surf.  I also ski but will sacrifice it for surfing if these boats are truly worth it.   I can demo each one before buying… but figured I’d reach out to owners who know.   Most boats will need additional ballast/lead if u go with just one family of 4-5.   Obviously more people in boat helps the wave but we are told like so many… these boats stock crest huge waves without adding weight.   I have to believe it based on ballast numbers but….     Based on personal experience can anyone provide input on either boat and if they had a choice which one to go with?   New supreme is about 15k more than the slightly older centurion.  (Note… the 21FI only has 18 hours) so basically either option are new boats.  

any thoughts on these boats is greatly appreciated.  

Both boats are great options, and neither one needs extra weight to throw a second to none surf wave.

Base on what you’ve said, assuming they’re similarly optioned, I’d go Fi23 all day. The Fi23 is a foot longer, will have better tech, and the Centurions have slightly higher grade vinyl than the Supremes.

All that said, I should also note that the Fi23 was redesigned for ‘22, so the ‘21 isn’t the most recent model of the Fi if that matters to you. The ‘21 and ‘22 both have the opti-v hull.

• Like 1

Tmac73    0

Hi Troy, 

Thank you for the information… I tried to verify online, but to be sure…. I thought the hull design change was in 2018, then again in 2023?   If I am wrong…. Is there a link you have, or more information on the change?  Just curious if the change to 2022 is worth pursuing vrs the 2021….   

Troy. R    198
1 hour ago, Tmac73 said:

Hi Troy, 

Thank you for the information… I tried to verify online, but to be sure…. I thought the hull design change was in 2018, then again in 2023?   If I am wrong…. Is there a link you have, or more information on the change?  Just curious if the change to 2022 is worth pursuing vrs the 2021….   

Come to think of it, I think you’re right. The change was ‘23, not ‘22. It happened late last year, but they were ‘23 models.

I’m not sure what all of the charges are, the dealer should have more detail on that, but either way, the ‘21 is a legit boat. Especially if you’re getting it for $15K less than a new S220.

Edited by Troy. R
  • Like 1

Troy. R    198
13 hours ago, Tmac73 said:

Soooo we have the option of a 2019RI237 or a 2021 FI230… Thoughts on one over the other from those who can help?  Both boats are equipped well… Here are the links 

21-Centurion-Fi23-FINB0562A121.pdf

https://www.absolutwatersports.com/Pre-owned-Inventory-2019-Centurion-Boat-Ri237-13065006?ref=list

I can't open the Fi PDF.
Between the Fi and the Ri, the Ri is considered to be the superior boat. They have basically the same running surface, but the Ri is heavier and has more ballast so it will throw a little better wave. The Ri also has a little different dash/display setup and a little more space in the main cabin area. They're both fantastic boats. I would base my decision on price, hours, and personal preference.