Sign in to follow this  
thebadhad

2004 Centurion Avalanche Good Buy?

thebadhad    0

Hi everyone, 

I am buying my first boat, and my budget is 20-30k. I am interested in one boat its a 2004 centurion avalanche, and they are asking 34,500. It has a new trans, new v drive, new exhaust hoses/risers, new pumps and battery cables. has a hard ballast tank 1500 gallons, and 3-4k in fat sacs. I am mostly looking to do surfing, without trying to break the bank. I have talked him down to 30,000 but do you think that is a good buy, or could i find cheaper. The other boat i am really interested in is avalanche c4. However, not picky, just want a nice wave for surf, but also dont want to break the bank. Also this boat has 405 hours. Let me know your thoughts. Sincerely a newbie. 

Troy. R    198
59 minutes ago, thebadhad said:

Hi everyone, 

I am buying my first boat, and my budget is 20-30k. I am interested in one boat it’s a 2004 centurion avalanche, and they are asking 34,500. It has a new trans, new v drive, new exhaust hoses/risers, new pumps and battery cables. has a hard ballast tank 1500 gallons, and 3-4k in fat sacs. I am mostly looking to do surfing, without trying to break the bank. I have talked him down to 30,000 but do you think that is a good buy, or could i find cheaper. The other boat i am really interested in is avalanche c4. However, not picky, just want a nice wave for surf, but also dont want to break the bank. Also this boat has 405 hours. Let me know your thoughts. Sincerely a newbie. 

I used to have an ‘07 Avalanche C4. It’s a great boat. The walk-through Avy has the same running surface and same wave creating ability on the port (regular) side. With the walk-through, there are obvious ballast limitations on the starboard (goofy) side.

$30k doesn’t sound bad, but I personally would try to find a C4. It’s more desirable, better resale, better seating arrangement.

That said, if you’re crew is primarily going to surf regular, the walk-through Avy is a great boat.

Chris O    15

I agree with Troy.  You will probably want a C4.  Better seating and more room for ballast.  I would take a really hard look at a boat that has that much stuff replaced.  Test drive if at all possible.  Chris