Donnieb

Fresh Air Exhaust (FAE) Through-Hull Installation

Donnieb    0

Hi everyone. I have a 2010 Centurion Enzo 240SV and have been a FAE user for the past 7+ years.  I love how it redirects the exhaust away from the surfer (and the boat is noticeably quieter).  But like some of you, my bolts have sheared off and I now need to reinstall the unit.  Larry at FAE is great to work with for troubleshooting, and he has discussed the idea of a "Through the hull" installation.  This would require that I disconnect and remove the old exhaust tip and flapper and install a revised version of my FAE that has a flapper and goes all the way through the hull and hooks into the exhaust rubber hoses inside the boat. 

Here's a video of the installation on a Nautique: 

My 2010 Enzo 240SV is in storage right now so I can't be sure how feasible this is (i.e., how much room I'll have inside the rear of the boat to get my body and hands in position to do this), so I was wondering if any of you have tried this yet. 

Thanks.

Donnie

Chris O    15

Donnie,

Obviously different boat, but I did the through hull on my 2006 Avalanche when eliminating the sideswipe, and theres plenty of room back there.  I did use bolts instead of the machine screws that they supplied.  And due to my poor planning I have to remove a section of the new exhaust in order to change my impeller.  I've got a thread on here that has some pictures of it, but only from the outside.  I can maybe get engine compartment pictures this weekend.

Chris

Avy06    5
On 4/6/2023 at 6:20 AM, Chris O said:

Donnie,

Obviously different boat, but I did the through hull on my 2006 Avalanche when eliminating the sideswipe, and theres plenty of room back there.  I did use bolts instead of the machine screws that they supplied.  And due to my poor planning I have to remove a section of the new exhaust in order to change my impeller.  I've got a thread on here that has some pictures of it, but only from the outside.  I can maybe get engine compartment pictures this weekend.

Chris

That would be awesome if you found those pic’s! I have a 06 avy and a FAE w/ muffler delete ready to be installed…. Just waiting for all the snow to melt… its been a crazy winter 700” of snow! 

Chris O    15

I'll take some pictures this weekend.  Yeah, tons of rain here in western Oregon, snowed on me yesterday.  Lake time is definitely delayed from previous years.   

• Like 1

Chris O    15

I got a couple pictures from the engine compartment of the conversion from sideswipe to FAE over the weekend.  But my attachment limit is maxed out on here and I cant figure out how to delete old attachments.  Theres plenty of room in there with proper planning.  Chris