Sign in to follow this  
Vitti821

Full new sound system ideas

Vitti821    0

Hey guys,

looking to completely revamp the sound system in my boat. everything from radio to amps, subs and all speakers. Anyone have a build they have done that they are happy with? 

Troy. R    198
On 10/24/2022 at 9:26 AM, Vitti821 said:

Hey guys,

looking to completely revamp the sound system in my boat. everything from radio to amps, subs and all speakers. Anyone have a build they have done that they are happy with? 

What is the budget you're working with?
What kind of results are you looking for (system that you can hear across the lake or something that sound pretty good while surfing or hanging out)?

In my last boat I had a system with 6 6.5" Polk Audio in-boats, 4 6.5" Polk Audio tower speakers, 1 10" Polk sub, and 2 cheap Kenworth amps. It was a budget system, but sounded good while surfing and hanging out. My current boat is all Wetsounds (6 6.5" in-boats, 12" sub, 2 Rev 8s and 2 Amps). Obviously the system in the current boat is superior, but at a significantly higher cost.

Troy. R    198
22 minutes ago, Troy. R said:

What is the budget you're working with?
What kind of results are you looking for (system that you can hear across the lake or something that sound pretty good while surfing or hanging out)?

In my last boat I had a system with 6 6.5" Polk Audio in-boats, 4 6.5" Polk Audio tower speakers, 1 10" Polk sub, and 2 cheap Kenworth amps. It was a budget system, but sounded good while surfing and hanging out. My current boat is all Wetsounds (6 6.5" in-boats, 12" sub, 2 Rev 8s and 2 Amps). Obviously the system in the current boat is superior, but at a significantly higher cost.

I typed "Kenworth" (That's a Semi truck not audio equipment. Haha). What I meant was "Kenwood".