Rainyriver    0

2021 Ri265 90 hrs. Anyone having overheating issues? Surfed, boat overheated, coolant leaked everywhere. Did the 100 service, replaced implellers etc..., surfed for an hour, overheated, went back in shop for another $900 fix attempt, surfed for an hour overheated again, back in shop.  Only seems to happen when surfing. Losing my patience. Any ideas would be appreciated.

4Newfs    0

Rainyriver,

Same question I posted in the other thread you mentioned this on.  Why are you spending money on a 2021 with overheating issues?  That should be a warranty issue, and covered by PCM?

Rainyriver    0

Because the first time we decided to do the 100 service figured maybe it was the impeller or something. So that was $1200. Next time we did some other i tests and test drives.  Replaced every little thing we could find. Strapped up some hoses….

Basically the problem is we don’t know what’s causing it so therefore don’t know if it’s a PCM issue or not. It’s still in shop now and they’re gonna have to try and figure out why this is happening with nothing actually wrong with the engine. I’m almost positive it’s a design issue. There’s a pro wakeboarder here in my area that has same boat and is having the same issue. 

69C10    2
On 2022-08-15 at 7:49 PM, Rainyriver said:

Because the first time we decided to do the 100 service figured maybe it was the impeller or something. So that was $1200. Next time we did some other i tests and test drives.  Replaced every little thing we could find. Strapped up some hoses….

Basically the problem is we don’t know what’s causing it so therefore don’t know if it’s a PCM issue or not. It’s still in shop now and they’re gonna have to try and figure out why this is happening with nothing actually wrong with the engine. I’m almost positive it’s a design issue. There’s a pro wakeboarder here in my area that has same boat and is having the same issue. 

100 what service? There’s a 25 hour mandatory service, after that oil and impeller should be changed every 50 hours. If the impeller wasn’t changed close to 50 hours you likely have shards of impeller clogging up your cooler. Have you checked the fresh water strainer? That should be your first stop, it could also be leaking air in which will cause issues. 

dogo359    1

2021 Vi 22 with 110 hrs.  1st overheating & blown impeller at 30 hrs, 2nd this wknd at 110 hrs.  8 people, pulling a surfer, beeping, warnings, engine shuts down.  Dead in the water, bilge pumping out coolant, boat drifting towards a private dock & shallow shore.  Thankfully able to throw the anchor & prevent crashing into anything.  Call & wait for a tow.  2 hour tow & back to our drop, $800 lighter.  Engine able to run long enough to get the boat on the trailer.  Would have been worse if lake was busy or if it was dark.  Experience was not great but sh** happens.

Call local Austin Centurion SkiDock dealer, describe the situation, was told they "could fit me in late December".  My Centurion experience goes from trying to be understanding to questioning why this six figure splurge feels disappointing.

Dropped the boat off at a local marine shop today which does not do warranty work. Understandably $150/hr to diagnose what is wrong.  Should hear back later this week.  They are on Lake Austin & mentioned that the water has been dirty & clogging cooling systems.

This is my first inboard & recently learned that PCM guidance is to change impellers every 50 hrs.  Had I known this, would have looked elsewhere first.

When the boat works, it's fantastic, when it does not, it feels like a Lada.

Edited by dogo359

OFL22    0

@dogo359  I have heard your story about getting pushed to December from a couple of people in my circle. Did you end up getting your overheating/coolant issue figured out? I am dealing with a similar situation with my Ri245.