codo511    2

Just picked up my 2007 c4 typhoon after coming off a natique SuperSport because it’s 2’ longer, and a 1’ wider w/ built in ballast. 

we are very excited but noticed a couple of things and wanted to see if others made modifications, or if it has been an issue at all for the crew:

1) it only has a single battery: which so does my truck so big deal right? But all other boats I’ve been on have had a starting battery and an accessory battery. This way you could switch the battery to just acc and Moore your boat listing to music w/o worrying about a dead battery 

- is this something I should have wired in?

also

2) it doesn’t seem to have a float bilge just a standard bilge. My old boat had 2 bilge a manual bilge and a float bilge that would kick on if water reached a certain level in the compartment that I could always leave on so that when I left the boat moored at the slip I wouldn’t have to worry about a storm if the cover blew off etc

am I over thinking this? - thanks!!!

Wylie_Tunes    146

1) yes

2) How many wires come off the pump? Some have an internal float or water sensor. So if it is an auto-bilge pump, it will have 3 wires. If its only got 2 wires, upgrade it to a 3 wire pump. Only requires a fused wire direct from the battery B+

Dan gib    8

ya I bet the bilge is auto and manual thats how mine is on my typhoon. 

Definitely add a battery with a perko switch $150 piece of mind while out on the water.

codo511    2

Turns out @Dan gib you were right!!! We had a heavy rain over the weekend and the old cover which doesnt work well allowed a lot of rain in the back hatch of the typhoon... sooo as i was backing the boat down the ramp i noticed that the bilge went on... --- turns out i do have an auto bilge :)

Guess now all i need is a new cover!  But i really want one for when i keep in in a slip, and not one that would require a bunch of snaps added to the beautiful fiberglass!

mikeyr114    1

Send me your email and I can send you a bunch of pics of mine..3 years old this season and still great! No poles and no need for rope