well i went out yesterday, just the five of us. so i put about 300 extra lbs in my starboard trunk. so i had 550 there and 250 center.

and i had about 630 lbs of people sitting on the starboard side.

my wake was bigger than without the 300 extra.

here are some pics of what it looked like.

any comments?

post-773-1251044237_thumb.jpg

post-773-1251044279_thumb.jpg

post-773-1251044318_thumb.jpg

post-773-1251044364_thumb.jpg

post-773-1251044407_thumb.jpg

post-773-1251044457_thumb.jpg

post-773-1251044498_thumb.jpg

post-773-1251044548_thumb.jpg

post-773-1251044592_thumb.jpg

post-773-1251044647_thumb.jpg

Bigcatpt    408

Looks like a good start! Add a few more sacs and your avy can look like this..... Just for reference the first pic is me and I am 6'3" and 250#

post-188-1251048685_thumb.jpg

post-188-1251048792_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bigcatpt

HOLY S**T!!

the second pic wave is huge!

how much weight do you put in?

trim tab?

Edited by Avy c4 surfer

Bigcatpt    408
HOLY S**T!!

the second pic wave is huge!

how much weight do you put in?

trim tab?

Custom Avy sac in port locker and under port seats = 1500 lbs

500 lb fat sac on rear seat but pushed all the way toward the port side.

175 # side sac on the port bow seats

3 people in boat... one in bow, one on port side seat taking photos, one sitting on back of boat with feet on swim deck

I don't have any true center ballast, but have 2 fuel tanks and I keep them both as full as possible.

I have a fixed wake plate.

So water ballast weight about 2100# plus people. It slams the boat pretty good.

post-188-1251051290_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bigcatpt

wow. isnt it scary driving with all that weight? especially when comming to choppy water?

you must be over the weight limit.

can you send me some pics of where they sit [[under seats/ontop of seats, etc]]

that way i can see where you have space for people.

Bigcatpt    408
wow. isnt it scary driving with all that weight? especially when comming to choppy water?

No its not scary. But you have to be aware of water conditions and other boats around you. I am fortunate to have Tuesdays off work and that is my surfing day. The lake I surf on 24 miles long and 11 miles wide and not heavily utilized. On most Tuesdays we may see 5 or 6 other boats once we leave the marina area and it is rare to have to cross another boats wake or rollers. It is rare to come within 1/2 mile of other boats out there on a weekday. We are very fortunate in this regard.

If the wind comes up we immediately empty some sacs. If my crew is larger I don't fill all the sacs. I don't surf this heavy if I have lots of kids on board. I have only taken one wave over the back corner of the boat (on a different lake). It kinda freeked the kids out but the bilge pumps kicks on and no big deal.

Yes I am over the USCG weight limit. I have never seen that enforced. Sometimes I roll through stop signs and speed on the freeway too. Sometimes I double dip in the salsa too! :thumbsup:

I don't have any pics of where the sac are but I will explain. The custom Avy sac is completely hidden in the port side locker and it continues under the port side seats. I put a 500# sac on the back seat toward the port side. There is still room for one person to sit on the back seat to the starboard side of the sac. My kids like to sit in the walk through (I have the non C4 model). There is room for 3-4 people to sit on the port side seats and observer seat. My kids like to sit/lay on the 500# sac on the back seat. A water bed for them if you will. The last sac is in the bow on the port seats. it is on the seat because I am too lazy to put it under the seat. It could easly fit under the seat I just don't . My kids lay on it too.

To reiterate..... This is my set up for a small crew. As I add bodies I have no need to the extra 2 sacs. If I have 6+ riders I only need to fill up the custom Avy sac and I have all the seating available. But with 3-4 riders or smaller riders I fill up all 3 sacs. It makes an amazing wave!

I would not run this much weight on a windy/choppy day or when there are lots of other boats around. I can count on one hand this year how many times I have had to turn the boat a differnt direction to avoid a wave or roller hitting me on the rear/port corner. Each of these occurances happened on Saturdays when there is a little more boat traffic.

Hope that helps. This much weight is not for everyone. Your mileage may vary. Your gas mileage will suck!

LakeSurfer    10

Now you know why we love the Enzo/Custom Avy sacs!

Like Bigcat says, everybody has a little different comfort level on where they run. With kids on the boat, I run at least 6 inches below the rub rail (generally Avy sac, center tank plus 300lbs in the bow). Out with the guys, I run just below or at the rub rail (Avy sac, center ballast, 400-700lbs on seat, 400 lbs in bow). My set up is always driven by who is on the boat, water conditions and number of boats around. Really the same approach as when I use to wakeboard.

Pic of wake with kids on boat. Not a good pic of wake, it is actually bigger than it appears.

Edited by LakeSurfer

yeah bigcat, i totally understand the watching the conditions part.

you are pretty lucky to be able to have a huge lake to yourself.

i go to a pretty big lake, but there are a lot of people on it on the weekend.

so i think i would not add as much weight as you do on a good day just because i dont want to take a huge wake into the boat.

i think my comfort level is about the same as lakesurfer [[6in. below rub rail]].

im not too worried about gas milage, as long as my full tank will last me all day haha.

what is so important about having weight in the bow?

everyone on here says that they put weight in the bow depending on which rider is up [[goofy/reg]].

i would imagine that you would onlyy want your back side down, not the entire side of the boat.

Yes I am over the USCG weight limit. I have never seen that enforced. Sometimes I roll through stop signs and speed on the freeway too. Sometimes I double dip in the salsa too! :thumbsup:

yum. salsa.

Bigcatpt    408
what is so important about having weight in the bow?

everyone on here says that they put weight in the bow depending on which rider is up [[goofy/reg]].

i would imagine that you would onlyy want your back side down, not the entire side of the boat.

Weight in the bow will lengthen the wave and make a longer sweet spot. This is providing the wave is big enough to have enough push when you lengthen it out. If its not very big then it will have no push when you lengthen it out.

duramat    462

Avy, yes. thats just a few hundred or so pounds extra to haul around and waste fuel on. Stopping could be an issue when trailiering and the added weight the trailer may not be happy as well with the added weight too. I believe its alot harder stress on the hull cause its not in water. If you have everything all plumbed in its fill/dump alot easier and quicker than having to pull out the ol' Tsnaumi pump. keep in mind one gallon=8pounds thats alot of mass sloshing around.

Joe B    17

I just changed my ballast setup all under the seats. The Enzo Sac is in the corner locker and I took the plumbing off the center tank and put a 440lb in the passenger storage hold. The setup is perfect when the wife is driving and the kids total just under 300lbs--about 4in below rub rail and it's enough weight forward so I don't need bow weight. Sacs are full so it's still close to 1900lbs water.

When the guys are out during the week when it's quiet we add the 750 on the floor. We put it on the seats but my vent started taking water when driving (I forgot duct tape). Putting it on the floor it's still a giant wave. I'll have to take pics next time out. I will say it's the max for the boat. and I don't think sinking it any more will help anything except putting the boat on the bottom of the lake.

For Goofy we'll just throw the 750 in the transom walk-through and use body weight where needed. My goofy riders are so used to riding regular they really don't want to ride goofy. We'll still do it for fun and I'd like to see what they complain about :thumbsup:

duramat: i was just making sure that you did drain them out because that would be a lot of extra weight.

Joe: are you saying that you dont have a center ballast pump anymore?

Joe B    17

No center tank anymore. It's still there, but nothing hooked up. I may daisy chain it off my starboard sac with an extra drain pump but that's a winter project. gotta max ride time.

Last year I had a writeup called the Avy Sac where I flipped an Enzo sac around so the big part was in the storage hold and the arm was under the seats. I combined this with a 750 in the locker. It was a great setup but the drain ports on the Enzo sac were at the wrong place and Fly High wouldn't add ports after the fact. I would have to drain the extra few hundred pounds of water after I pulled the boat out and parked it on a down slope. A hassle I didn't want to deal with and the sac hardly filled completely due to the vent line.

Extending the plumbing was easy and took about 4 hours pulling and adding tubes. I found that twist-tye the vent tubes high is the key for the sacs to completely fill and reduce any draining without some type of valves. I'm a happy camper now and really used the space well IMO.

wow, thats cool that you removed the center tank.

is it constantly empty or did you fill it and then plug it?

i want to add some more weight.

how much do the custom avy sacs [[starboard side]] fill?

ladderrat    0

joe speaks the truth...... any more weght and i think we'd have to start leavin people @ the dock....... sweet wave, sweet surf

hey joe, how bout puttin another fuel tank in? once in a while we could use it :whistle:

wahi wahi

Bigcatpt    408
hey joe, how bout puttin another fuel tank in? once in a while we could use it :whistle:

I love my second fuel tank!!!!! If your not using it as ballast it wouldn't be that hard to convert over!

Bigcatpt    408
how much do the custom avy sacs [[starboard side]] fill?

You can make the sac whatever size you want to fit the space. Obviously the size dictactes how much water will go in it. How much water goes in it dictates how much it weights.

I have a custom sac for my Avy. It is for the port side so I can make the arm part of it longer than on the starboard side. Here are the dimensions.... And a picture of the finished product....

post-188-1251261067_thumb.jpg

post-188-1251261109_thumb.jpg