Bigcatpt    408
yeah, i understant what it is that youre saying. but i think that might be a little too much for my boat. i like to bring friends with me when i go and i dont want to take up too much room for the fat sacs. i think 800 lbs will be enough for me just because of the finances and stuff like that.

but thanks for all the help.

Avy c4 surfer... I see where you are going with this. You are trying to get the best wave for the cheepest price. I have been there and done that. I bought a 750# sac for the rear locker. That helped but still not enough. Then I got a couple of side sacs (175# each) to throw in the bow or on a seat. Helped but still not enough. So then I buy yet another sac (500#) and that made my wave pretty perfect. But then I have 4 different sacs made by two different companies with two different kinds of fill/drain fittings. I was filling all these by hand. That got old really quick and took 20 min to fill and empty. So naturally I wanted to plumb my sacs in so with the push of a buttom they fill and empty. So then I am buying sacs all over again to get the good kind with good connections for being plumbed in.

So to make a long story short. Save your money and get the correct stuff the first time. If not I promise you will be buying everything twice. Don't buy anything but Flying High Pro X sacs if you plan on plumbing them in eventually. And just bite the bullet and get a custom sac made for your Avy. You will not be dissapointed. Just my 2 cents worth. But if not I have a Launch pad 750# sac for sale with a 1100 GPH Uber pump. Trying to recoup some of my cost of buying things twice. Catch my drift.....

Good luck!

duramat    462

Bigcat will make you an awesome deal on that 750lbs sac! If he dont, just say the word and I'll take care of him.....(Ive heard that battons to above the knees works wonders in the ice skating crowd :laughing: )

I started out with 2 400lbs sacs and would stack em in my rear locker and that did work a little for short little while. Then after being behind Bigcats and another buddys boat with 750s and some other sacs on the benches and up in the bow..I went with some 750's and use my 400's up in the bow and seats. My main problem is that now Im filling up all my sacks spending precious time filling and dumping. My tsnaumi pump is having some issues now so its either replace it or begin the hardpiping project. youve got the pumps I think you ought to use em. ;)

Bigcat you know Id never pull a "Tonya Harding" on ya! Well maybe for that new board you got,,you wouldnt have any use for it,,,,for a while :D

Avy c4 surfer... I see where you are going with this. You are trying to get the best wave for the cheepest price. I have been there and done that. I bought a 750# sac for the rear locker. That helped but still not enough. Then I got a couple of side sacs (175# each) to throw in the bow or on a seat. Helped but still not enough. So then I buy yet another sac (500#) and that made my wave pretty perfect. But then I have 4 different sacs made by two different companies with two different kinds of fill/drain fittings. I was filling all these by hand. That got old really quick and took 20 min to fill and empty. So naturally I wanted to plumb my sacs in so with the push of a buttom they fill and empty. So then I am buying sacs all over again to get the good kind with good connections for being plumbed in.

So to make a long story short. Save your money and get the correct stuff the first time. If not I promise you will be buying everything twice. Don't buy anything but Flying High Pro X sacs if you plan on plumbing them in eventually. And just bite the bullet and get a custom sac made for your Avy. You will not be dissapointed. Just my 2 cents worth. But if not I have a Launch pad 750# sac for sale with a 1100 GPH Uber pump. Trying to recoup some of my cost of buying things twice. Catch my drift.....

Good luck!

Yeah. but i want all the sacs to be hidden under the seats so that i can still pile 12 people on it. i think 800 lbs of sacs plus the 250 tank will be eough for me. and if i need more weight then i could always get some lead weight and hide in under the seats or buy a 750 sac later when i can get some extra money for that.

But how much would you be willing to sell your 750 sac? and will it fin in my starboard side compartment with the trunk closed and the seats still in place?

And that's another thing i dont know too much about... fittings and pumps.

i know how they work [[sac-fitting-pump-water = weight]]. But theres no way that i can use the pumps used for my ballast tank and put a fork in it so that it goes to the other sac[].

Or would i just have to purchase a pump and fill them one by one?

Which pump would work the best and fasted?

Everyone can answer this.

As a 07 Avy owner, I'll add my .02

I started with 2 400# on loan and clearly they were not enough so I bought two used 750# and one 370# used tube sac. Since I've got my wife and I on the regular side and my kids surfing goofy (maybe they are not my kids? hmmm story for another time) I wanted to flexability of pulling the starboard 750# over to the port locker for more weight. It works, tube under the port bench, where the ENZO sac finger would go normally, and 750#s in each locker.

Fast forward, now I want to plumb them - as many have said here - and I am thinking maybe a ENZO on the port side is the ticket.

Bottom line, if you can afford it get the ENZO off the bat and save the money and hassle of multiple sacs.

At a minimum go for 750#.

Good luck

T

see but lake surfer told me that the enzo sac wouldnt fit in my locker-seats and that i would have to get custom sacs made in order to fit.

you said that you put a 750 lb in your locker that went through your seat.

what i was thinking was 2 400lb sacs, one would sit [[and fit]] ontop of my starboard ballast tank, and the other would most likely fit under the seat [[its a little too tall so i wouldnt be able to fill it all the way, but close]].

and im willing to have to spend an extra few minutes having to fill them up in the morning while im waiting for the truck driver at the marina.

and its cheaper.

i can always buy more sacs later if im not satisfied with these sacs, and then i can always put these sacs in other places in the boat.

does any of that make sense?

Bigcatpt    408
Yeah. but i want all the sacs to be hidden under the seats so that i can still pile 12 people on it. i think 800 lbs of sacs plus the 250 tank will be eough for me. and if i need more weight then i could always get some lead weight and hide in under the seats or buy a 750 sac later when i can get some extra money for that.

But how much would you be willing to sell your 750 sac? and will it fin in my starboard side compartment with the trunk closed and the seats still in place?

And that's another thing i dont know too much about... fittings and pumps.

i know how they work [[sac-fitting-pump-water = weight]]. But theres no way that i can use the pumps used for my ballast tank and put a fork in it so that it goes to the other sac[].

Or would i just have to purchase a pump and fill them one by one?

Which pump would work the best and fasted?

Everyone can answer this.

You are right! If you have 12 people in the boat they you will have plenty of weight! Its great to have a party boat but I'd rather go with 5 or 6 so I can ride longer. :laughing: Less people means more sacs needed. Even so I would save your money and order a custom Avy sac. It will fit perfectly in the side locker and under the seat. Totally hidden.

My launch pad 750# is 20 X 20 X 50 inches. I know it will fit with room to spare if the hard tank is removed but you will have to measure with the tank to see how it will fit. I will need to check to see what they are selling for right now to give you a price. Its a year old and in perfect condition. Maybe been filled/emptied 15 times.

There are many ways to set up a ballast system with valves, T's, etc to get water to go to the sac you want it in. Many experienced ballast system installers here for advice. You just need to decide how you want it to work and if you are going to utilize the hard tanks or scrap them and do it for real.

i see. so if i were to take out my ballast tank and put your sac in, then i could use the already existing pumps to fill/drain.

what if i did go and buy the 2 400 lb sacs, then i would have to either plumb them in or buy a pump to fill one by one.

what are the fastest and best "hand" pumps out there?

and how long do they take to fill drain? [[rough estimate]]

Bigcatpt    408
see but lake surfer told me that the enzo sac wouldnt fit in my locker-seats and that i would have to get custom sacs made in order to fit.

I think the normal Enzo sac will fit but not an exact fit. Measure your lockers and then check the dimensions of the Enzo sac. I just figured for just a little more money I could do a custom Avy sac that fills every inch of my port locker and under my port seats. Duffy did the same thing.

"i can always buy more sacs later if im not satisfied with these sacs, and then i can always put these sacs in other places in the boat." I would bet the farm on it!!!!!

"im willing to have to spend an extra few minutes having to fill them up in the morning while im waiting for the truck driver at the marina.

and its cheaper." That will change. I started there too!

duffymahoney    10

I totally second custom avy sacs! But if you wanna save some coin then the 750's will works, but if you have a small crew the wave isn't going to be amazing.

Duffy

Bigcatpt    408
i see. so if i were to take out my ballast tank and put your sac in, then i could use the already existing pumps to fill/drain.

what if i did go and buy the 2 400 lb sacs, then i would have to either plumb them in or buy a pump to fill one by one.

what are the fastest and best "hand" pumps out there?

and how long do they take to fill drain? [[rough estimate]]

YES! Pull your hard tank out and plug and play a sac that will take up less space while empty and have more weight when full! And yes you can use your existing pumps to fill and drain. You may need a couple fittings or a little more hose but its a $20 deal and 30 minutes of time max.

But I would be doing you a huge disservice by selling you my launch pad sac. It would be a messy connection to the existing pumps. Pay a little extra and get either a Flying high pro x 750# sac or a Enzo sac or a custom avy sac. All of them will be plug and play with your existing pumps. If you choose the cheaper option, a 750# vs a enzo or custom sac, then you could plumb it in and then hand fill another 400 under the seat. Or there are ways to T off the center ballast tank or other options.

The only pumps I have used are the uber pump and the tsunami. Both are good pumps and are I believe 1100 and 1200 GPH respectively. Both are good. There are many others as well. You can fill/drain a 750# sac with those pumps in about 7-8 minutes if I remember right.

you said that you put a 750 lb in your locker that went through your seat.

Sorry, to be clear; the 750# will fit very well in an empty locker. The Tube Sac I have fits under the port seats. Three seperate sacs; 1 750# sac in each locker and the tube under the port seats.

I don't know the price point difference between a custom and regulard enzo sac but I am guess not much.

In my eyes and in order of effectiveness given the same crew weight:

Option 1; custom enzo sac

Option 2; multiple 750# sacs

Option 3; multiple 400# sacs

T

i see i see i see.

you all are telling me to put this one in and take out my ballast tank and use the already existing pump for this sac:

https://generalstore.wakeoutlaws.com/itemde...8I46ae353812f60

[[that is your idea]]

while my idea is/was [[HA]] to put these in and fill them by hand and not by an automatic fill:

https://generalstore.wakeoutlaws.com/itemde...4I46ae37a081284

[[and still use my existing ballast tank]]

thank you for the info on the pumps bigcat.

If i were to put in something, i dont think i would make a custom sac just because it would be too expensive.

the 750 lb sac [[first link]] looks legit and from the talk from bigcat, it would be a easy transfer [[meaning no extra plumbing, only a little more line to fill and drain]]

And the 2 400 sacs [[second link]] would get a little old having to sit there and hold everything. plus i would lose the space under my seat and a lot of space in my trunk.

i think i might be convinced.

i see i see i see.

you all are telling me to put this one in and take out my ballast tank and use the already existing pump for this sac:

[[that is your idea]]

while my idea is/was [[HA]] to put these in and fill them by hand and not by an automatic fill:

If i were to put in something, i dont think i would make a custom sac just because it would be too expensive.

the 750 lb sac [[first link]] looks legit and from the talk from bigcat, it would be a easy transfer [[meaning no extra plumbing, only a little more line to fill and drain]]

And the 2 400 sacs [[second link]] would get a little old having to sit there and hold everything. plus i would lose the space under my seat and a lot of space in my trunk.

Yeah I think you are on it now. ESPECIALLY if you have hard tanks, meaning you have it plumbed with pumps already, etc.

Get the 750#, take out the hard tanks, plumb in the 750# and off you go.

T

the only thing that worries me now is that if i get a 750 lb sac then i would have a ballast tank just sitting around at home.

and if you think about it, if i take out my 250 lb tank and add a 750 lb sac, then i would technically get 500 more lbs of weight.

750-250=500

yet if i got the 2 400 lb tanks then in total i would get 1,050 lbs.

so its a tough call. i could get the 2 400 lb sacs and my ballast tank and have more weight, but spend more time filling draining.

or i could get the 750 tank and remove my ballast tank, and just use the already existing pump and not have to sit there and worry about holding it, etc.

hmmmm...

duramat    462

I know what you can do with them hard tanks.....

Ceremonial bonfire!! :laughing:

Bigcatpt    408
i see i see i see.

[[that is your idea]]

Exactly. Buy the 750# and plumb it in. You will not be dissapointed..... at least until you ride with someone with an enzo sac!!! :laughing: You will probably want to add a few more sacs later as finances allow. But start there!

You want that back compartment as full of weight as you can get it. The 750# will mostly fill it.

Edited by Bigcatpt

Bigcatpt    408
I know what you can do with them hard tanks.....

Ceremonial bonfire!! :laughing:

:laughing: Thats funny! Your a little punchy. Not gettting enough sleep with the new baby? BTW CONGRATULATIONS on the new addition! :clapping::clapping::clapping::D;):thumbsup:

duramat    462

Hey THANX!!! I love this website so much and I mentioned to the wife I wanted to name him after it,,,she didnt think so. :laughing: So we went with Oliver instead. :D Not getting sleep,,,got that right!

Bigcat this kid sure looks like you!! ;) LOL

haha. i could burn them, that would be hilarious.

thanks for all the help with my questions.

Bigcatpt    408
Bigcat this kid sure looks like you!! :thumbsup: LOL

Well with you being out of town all the time, well ya know. So he looks old, bald, and wrinkly eh? Yep just like me. At least you could have named him after me!