So i have the 07 avy c4 with the power trim tab and a center, left and right compartment ballast tanks with 250 lbs each.

everyone in my family is a goofy surfer.

So im wondering if i can fit anything in the seats right behind the drivers seat.

i think i can add the enzo fat sack. but whats the point of it when i have a ballast tank in there and i use the compartments?

my deminsions for that spot are 8 x 18 x 44 in.

and i cant find anything that small.

any help or comments?

Thanks =]

Edited by Avy c4 surfer

WakeDoc    471

Pull the tank out and plumb in a enzo sac in its place.

LakeSurfer    10

1st, welcome to the CCC. I have an 08 Avy C4 that I have set up for surfing. I removed the hard tanks from the back locker and put in custom 1,200lb Avy sacs on both sides (they basically fill up the back locker and area under the seats). They plumb directly to your current ballast system. If you dont want the Avy sac, buy two 750lb sacs and put those in the back lockers.

I have the following set up when I ride:

1,200lb Avy Sac

250lb Center tank

400-700lbs on seat

300-400lbs in the bow.

If I did not have the Avy Sac, I would run

750lb sac in back locker

750lb sac on seat (or less depending on size of crew. I generally ride at or a few inches below the run rail)

250lb center tank

300lb in bow

We ride skim around 10.7mph and surf around 11.5mph. Also, if you ride goofy, I believe your trim tab should be all the way down.

Either of these set ups should give you a great surfwake. I dont have any pictures of my wake, but you can see Duffy's in the Good Times

http://www.centurioncrew.com/RESURRECTED-G...40&start=40

Are you sure that the enzo sack will fit under my back seats?

its only 8in. high and the deminsions on wakeoutlaws says that theyre 12in high.

and my seats are only 18in. wide and the enzo sack is 25in.

that wouldnt fit.

right?

Joe B    17

I too measured my other seats as 10", so your 8" might be the smallest point--anyways, the 12" Enzo Sac part doesn't pop your seats up or at least not noticeable. We run the standard Enzo sac on the port side but would be too long on the Goofy side if we had a C4--that's where the custom sac comes into play.

Lakesurfer has a really good setup. The goofy side also likes a tad bit more weight in the corner, so you could have a person sit on the locker cover.

Pull the tanks and put in sacs.

LakeSurfer    10
Are you sure that the enzo sack will fit under my back seats?

its only 8in. high and the deminsions on wakeoutlaws says that theyre 12in high.

and my seats are only 18in. wide and the enzo sack is 25in.

that wouldnt fit.

right?

I bought my custom Avy Sacs through WakeOutlaws. I basically measured the starboard side locker and the area under the starboard side seat. I used these measurements to create the sacs. I used the starboard size because the seat area is shorter than the port side and I wanted both sacs to be the same. They were a little more money than an Enzo sac, but I think they are well worth it.

so are you saying that the enzo sack wont fit in my c4 on the goofy side?

i pretty much only want one because everyone surfs goofy.

what if i put some lead weight in the back compartment and in the back seat? would that be enought to give the wake more lift?

I bought my custom Avy Sacs through WakeOutlaws. I basically measured the starboard side locker and the area under the starboard side seat. I used these measurements to create the sacs. I used the starboard size because the seat area is shorter than the port side and I wanted both sacs to be the same. They were a little more money than an Enzo sac, but I think they are well worth it.

You can get them on wakeoutlaws?

how much would that cost me to get custom ones?

LakeSurfer    10

LakeSurfer    10

Call them direct and ask. I bought them through the group buy so I dont know what the current price is.

yeah, ill definately do that.

what if i found a fat sack that would fit in my back compartment ontop of my ballast tank?

its probably cheaper, but i wont get as much weight.

right?

LakeSurfer    10
yeah, ill definately do that.

what if i found a fat sack that would fit in my back compartment ontop of my ballast tank?

its probably cheaper, but i wont get as much weight.

right?

I dont like the hard tanks because they take up to much space. the great thing about the sacs are that when they are empty, you get all of the space back for storage. Since we mainly surf that means that I have a lot of room in the starboard locker for all of my vest/tube/noodles etc.

My guess is that the 750lbs sacs are about $150/each and you may be able to pick up some used ones on ebay/wakeworld or here. However, if you have a little extra money, the custom Avy sacs are the way to go. It allows me to keep all of my seating if I have a large crew. In addition, I have small kids. When they are on the boat, I only fill up the Avy sac and put 300lbs in the bow. It gives me a very decent surf wake without any sacs on the seats and running very safely (see pic).

see, but cost wise, the tanks i have do their jobs.

i fount these a little bit ago. but the deminsions of the sacs are a little bigger than the deminsions of space i have.

My back trunk is 44 x 24 x 10 and the deminsions of the sacs are 42 x 16 x 16.

The space in my back seat is 44 x 18 x 8 with the same sac deminsions.

both sacs together full give me 800 lbs and theyre only $200 for the pair.

What i dont know [[and i emailed wakeoutlaws about this]] is if the sacs can go a little shorter but a little wider to make up for the space lost. no response from them yet. but hopefully soon.

What do you think?

https://generalstore.wakeoutlaws.com/itemde...4I46ae37a081284

LakeSurfer    10

If you want to keep the hard tanks i would buy a 750lb sac (https://generalstore.wakeoutlaws.com/itemdetail.php?item_id=IW1185822008I46ae353812f60) and 2x400lb sacs (https://generalstore.wakeoutlaws.com/itemdetail.php?item_id=IR1185822624I46ae37a081284). I would put the 750lb sac on top of the hard tank (the locker wont close) 400lb sac on the seat and 400lb sac in the bow.

For a little more, I still believe that you will not at all regret taking out the hard tanks and dropping 750lb sacs in the back lockers. In this scenario, you could buy 3x750lbs sacs and 1x400lb sac. Set up would be 750lb locker, 750lb on seat and 400lb on bow.

To be honest, I have a 750lb sac, 2x400lbs sacs in addition to my custom Avy sacs. I find that you can never have enough sacs on the boat. It provides a lot of flexibility to adjust for crew size.

duramat    462

Avy, that boat is awesome looking! That has got to be one of my favorite color combos.

I would yank out them hard tanks and plum in some sacs. There are a few on here that have the Avy pretty much dialed in and I would go with their recommendation for the sac size. Well worth the money to do it just once and call it good.

If you want to keep the hard tanks i would buy a 750lb sac (https://generalstore.wakeoutlaws.com/itemdetail.php?item_id=IW1185822008I46ae353812f60) and 2x400lb sacs (https://generalstore.wakeoutlaws.com/itemdetail.php?item_id=IR1185822624I46ae37a081284). I would put the 750lb sac on top of the hard tank (the locker wont close) 400lb sac on the seat and 400lb sac in the bow.

For a little more, I still believe that you will not at all regret taking out the hard tanks and dropping 750lb sacs in the back lockers. In this scenario, you could buy 3x750lbs sacs and 1x400lb sac. Set up would be 750lb locker, 750lb on seat and 400lb on bow.

To be honest, I have a 750lb sac, 2x400lbs sacs in addition to my custom Avy sacs. I find that you can never have enough sacs on the boat. It provides a lot of flexibility to adjust for crew size.

yeah, i understant what it is that youre saying. but i think that might be a little too much for my boat. i like to bring friends with me when i go and i dont want to take up too much room for the fat sacs. i think 800 lbs will be enough for me just because of the finances and stuff like that.

but thanks for all the help.

do you think that the two sacs that i talked about would fit in my trunk andunder the seats, eventhough the sacs are a little too tall?

Avy, that boat is awesome looking! That has got to be one of my favorite color combos.

I would yank out them hard tanks and plum in some sacs. There are a few on here that have the Avy pretty much dialed in and I would go with their recommendation for the sac size. Well worth the money to do it just once and call it good.

Yeah, i get what it is that youre saying.

but with the 2 400 lb sacs, and the right side ballast filled up, it would be more than the 750 enzo sac.

my total on just the right would be 1,050 lbs [[250 lb ballast tank, 2 400 lb sacs]] and it would be cheaper.

i would get more weight for a less price and my only downfall would be the loss of space in my trunk.

But i prettymuch have the tank filled up all dday so its not like i put much of anything in it.

LakeSurfer    10
Yeah, i get what it is that youre saying.

but with the 2 400 lb sacs, and the right side ballast filled up, it would be more than the 750 enzo sac.

my total on just the right would be 1,050 lbs [[250 lb ballast tank, 2 400 lb sacs]] and it would be cheaper.

i would get more weight for a less price and my only downfall would be the loss of space in my trunk.

But i prettymuch have the tank filled up all dday so its not like i put much of anything in it.

The Enzo Sacs are 1,500lbs each. The custom Avy sacs are around 1,200lbs.

It seems like the 2x400lbs work for you, so I would go ahead and do that. You can always pic up a 750lb sac later. BTW - I find myself using both my 400lb sacs every weekend because they fit on the seats without falling off (I still tie down for safety) and work well with my crew size. The 750lb sacs must be tied down or they will roll right off the seat.

Bigcatpt    408
The Enzo Sacs are 1,500lbs each. The custom Avy sacs are around 1,200lbs.

My custom Avy sac is 1530 pounds if calculated L X W X H and then convert cubic inches to gallons and then gallons of water to pounds.....

Edited by Bigcatpt

Joe B    17

Don't be afraid to get refurbished sacs. I got my Enzo Sac that was a refurb off Ebay for $127. It just has an extra 2seams.

FYI, if you ever buck up for custom sacs, make sure you get all the ports you need as Fly High won't add in/out ports on sacs afterwards.

I have accumulated sacs over the past 2 years and in hindsight I should have just bucked up for custom sacs. All my sacs are under the seats so the kids/wife isn't falling around the boat. Just take some big friends and alot of beer and have Santa bring some sacs when it's snowing out.