apollak19    0

Hi there! Long time listener, first time caller. Your guidance and advice is very much appreciated!

I have a new-to-me (late) 05 Centurion Avalanche C4. My family and I have been loving it so far!

The dreaded two beeps started just after a few times out on the water for me. I was at my mechanic for something else and had him take a look. The code reader said it was the water pressure. He was familiar with the problem (as are many of you) and recommended a new water pressure sensor. He switched it out, ran the boat on the fake-a-lake and no beeps. Before and after the new water pressure sensor, engine temp has been staying right at and below 175. Brought the boat out and the beeps came back right away. Didn't go away. I unhooked the alarm speaker just for the day and kept my eyes on the temp, still stayed low. 

Called my mechanic and he said the next step was to change the impeller. The thought is that the impeller is pumping fine just not at the pressure the sensor needs it to stop the beeps. Also, I don't know when the impeller was put in, so it doesn't hurt to change it and know exactly when it was put in. 

He also says that if this doesn't work, he's got to change the cooler housing. Says that there was a factory defect and an upgraded version came out but it's way passed the recall time. 

Any other thoughts on what it could be (given the code reader said it was the water pressure)?

Could it be something else?

Can it be that we just need to reset the comp? I've heard differing opinions and my mechanic says that the codes reset every 5 minutes automatically. 

A few things to note to help me diagnose the problem:

I boat at elevation - around 6.3k

I didn't have the beep before the mechanic put in a new Stargazer Perfect Pass - could this have an effect?

I didn't have the beep before putting on a new prop - but I assume this shouldn't change anything

I had a full ignition tune up done before the beeping started

Dan gib    8

Currently having the same issues Ive had our 07 typhoon for many years and usually when I get the beep beep I replaces the IAC sensor or the water pressure and it goes away (with no code needing cleared). So Idid that this time around and I still have the beep as well. I bought a mercury vessel view that connects boat to phone and only code i get is the water pressure, tried a second sensor and no change. 

The odd thing for me I don't know if you are having same issue is it beeps soon as I turn boat key on like before I even crank engine. I get the one beep like usual then few seconds later the beep beep. Ive read about loosing a good ground to sensor but seems like its ok when i check with a multimeter but I also cant find out what wires are what on sensor I have a three wire sensor and I think some are two.

Hope we can figure this out together haha i searched high and low but no good solid straight info on how to clear codes what's sticky codes and if you add a new ground to sensor what wire black??

Dan gib    8

So last night I pulled the hose of the inlet side of the trans cooler and it was caked with tons of junk seaweed and garbage confident that had to be my issue. Start the boat and again double beep soon as I turn key to on position. I'm fairly certain it needs cleared by a dealer and is what I guess people call a sticky alarm. Also checked my new impeller and it seems fine.

Dan gib    8

so picked the boat up today the shop told me they were unable to clear the code at all then tried charging me 160$ and said sorry we cant fix it. the guy got real angry quickly said make it 100 and never bring it back as if I would take it back after they failed to help at all. 

Next step is to check grounds I guess and make sure the harness is making good contact with the sensor some how maybe soldier in a new harness.

Dan gib    8

Update even if I'm talking to myself. I hate dead threads and this forum seems to be dying.

I check all grounds and cleaned them, still had issues so I went back and replaced the water sensor for second time and the alarm went away. What I think happened is the sensor goes bad so frequently I immediately replaced that with a bad new sensor then I fixed the real issue which was the blockage at the transmission cooler but the bad sensor was still causing issue.

I ran it twice on fake lake for 10 min or so and zero beeps so hopefully get it in the water this weekend and all is right.

Dan gib    8

update again, think the end harness connector isn't making great contact so I was looking to replace the end but seems unavailable so I'm going to  try and take apart clean and tighten up the pins.

Also had my alternator go last weekend so just a few issues I'm working threw but luckily hasn't kept us from enjoying the boat, alternator was dropped off at a local shop Monday and he confirmed it was bad and is rebuilding it for $180 hopefully be back this week.

Dan gib    8

Well Finally everything is settled it appears.... 

Guys check your harness end that plugs into the water sensor mine was having connection issues and really giving me headaches. I was able to find out its the same plug they use on a lot of chevys so $30 later rock auto had it spliced it in and all good. the part number on rock auto is S619 or oem number was 19368669 for me.

Seattle996    1

I have no such issues like above.. was just searching for Avalanche info and came across this thread.  Much thanks to you @Dan gib for following through on these threads and posting.  Finding a solution to the problem is helpful to many, even if it feels likes its on deaf ears.  Kudos my man!

• Like 1

Dan gib    8
On 8/31/2022 at 11:48 PM, Seattle996 said:

I have no such issues like above.. was just searching for Avalanche info and came across this thread.  Much thanks to you @Dan gib for following through on these threads and posting.  Finding a solution to the problem is helpful to many, even if it feels likes its on deaf ears.  Kudos my man!

Thanks bro thats my thoughts as well hate dead end threads. surf on

Dan gib    8
On 7/17/2022 at 5:39 PM, apollak19 said:

Hi there! Long time listener, first time caller. Your guidance and advice is very much appreciated!

I have a new-to-me (late) 05 Centurion Avalanche C4. My family and I have been loving it so far!

The dreaded two beeps started just after a few times out on the water for me. I was at my mechanic for something else and had him take a look. The code reader said it was the water pressure. He was familiar with the problem (as are many of you) and recommended a new water pressure sensor. He switched it out, ran the boat on the fake-a-lake and no beeps. Before and after the new water pressure sensor, engine temp has been staying right at and below 175. Brought the boat out and the beeps came back right away. Didn't go away. I unhooked the alarm speaker just for the day and kept my eyes on the temp, still stayed low. 

Called my mechanic and he said the next step was to change the impeller. The thought is that the impeller is pumping fine just not at the pressure the sensor needs it to stop the beeps. Also, I don't know when the impeller was put in, so it doesn't hurt to change it and know exactly when it was put in. 

He also says that if this doesn't work, he's got to change the cooler housing. Says that there was a factory defect and an upgraded version came out but it's way passed the recall time. 

Any other thoughts on what it could be (given the code reader said it was the water pressure)?

Could it be something else?

Can it be that we just need to reset the comp? I've heard differing opinions and my mechanic says that the codes reset every 5 minutes automatically. 

A few things to note to help me diagnose the problem:

I boat at elevation - around 6.3k

I didn't have the beep before the mechanic put in a new Stargazer Perfect Pass - could this have an effect?

I didn't have the beep before putting on a new prop - but I assume this shouldn't change anything

I had a full ignition tune up done before the beeping started

Feel like newbies shouldn't be allowed to post because of dead end threads