steve100

2015 Enzo 244 vs 2021 Supreme ZS232

steve100    0

Looking for some help on a boat decision. I'm currently debating between a 2015 Enzo 244 with about 350 hours listed at $85k and a 2021 Supreme ZS232 with about 90 hours listed at $110k. My biggest priority will be surfing. I had a back injury so jumping on a wakeboard is pretty much out. I'm still new to surfing but I want to be able to progress as well. I previously had a 2005 Moomba Outback (direct drive) that I sold after getting hurt. So I know any boat I get is going to throw a much better wave. I've leaned more towards Centurion and Supreme just feeling like I'm going to get more out of the box without having to add a bunch of extra ballast or lead weight. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are between these two boats. The Enzo is more within budget and I could pay cash around that price. Which is obviously advantageous. We'd have to take a partial loan out for something in the ZS price range. But I like the idea of a newer model boat with a warranty. I'm also curious on resale value maybe about 5 years down the line if I decide to upgrade.

Some info on who is going to be using it... We are a family of 5 (kids 9, 6, 3) and will generally take out another family of 5 (kids likely similar age). So storage will be a priority as well. We'll mainly use it for surfing but the kids obviously like to tube as well and will likely wakeboard and ski some later down the line. My wife will be driving the boat when I'm surfing. She is not as familiar with boats so ease of use could come into play. Although she's totally willing to learn. I think that's it.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm also open to other suggestions as well.

Edited by steve100

Bigcatpt    408

Both would be great boats.  I have a 15 Sv244 so I can give you info about this boat.  I have never been on the Supreme ZS232 so I can't tell you anything about that one.  

The 244 has a HUGE seating area in the main part of the boat.  It is bigger than any other 24 foot boat because in this model the windshield has been pushed forward to make more cockpit seating room.  However the bow will be smaller than a normal 24 foot boat.  If you have more full sized bodies you will like this configuration.  If you have more kid sized bodies they seem to really like the bow area and it is definitely smaller than standard on the SV244. 

Does this 244 have CATS?  If so, this is a big deal compared to other boats in this age range!  The CATS system makes the wave super easy to tune on both sides.  What about Ramfill?  Super fast to fill!  Does it have the plug and play sacs as well?  You will need them.  Does it have a Quicksurf (flappers on the back)?  They started putting them on this boat in 2015 but only some of them got it.  Basically this system did not work well on this boat hull.  It is pretty much worthless.  

I assume the Supreme has some sort of surf system being that new.  It will do the same thing as CATS as far as being able to customize the wave on both sides and makes it easy to change sides easier.  

You have already considered a lot of important things.  Budget, age, hours on motor, condition, warrantee, etc.  Best thing to do now is look them both over really good.  You will see what I mean about the size difference.  Then go test drive them both.  It should become much more clear what direction you are leaning after that.        

Troy. R    198

Like Bigcat said, the SV244 has a very big main cabin area. It will also throw one of the best surf waves out there. I didn’t play with CATS and how it impacts the goofy wave in the time I spent on the 244, but in general, the Enzos were tough to clean up the goofy wave. It can be done, and I believe CATS helps, I just don’t have any direct experience I can share.

Having surfed behind SV244s and now owning a ZS232, the 244 was the best wave I ever surfed until I got my ZS. The ZS has a very similar running surface to the newer Centurion opti-v. Like Bigcat said, the ZS uses quick surf (tabs on the back), so you fill all of the ballast and use the tabs to creat the wave. With this setup, you can switch sides in like 2 seconds, which is obviously very convenient. The ZS also has much more freeboard, so you’re sitting up higher in the water and not slammed with the rubrail in the water. Like I said, they both throw top notch waves, I think the variability of wave and push is just a touch better on the ZS.

steve100    0

Troy and BigCat,

Thanks for the info. Troy what year is your ZS? Just curious. Below are links to the boats I've been checking out. The top two are the SV and ZS I'm most interested in. Just wondering your thoughts. This will be my first true surf boat so I just want to make sure I get it right. While trying to keep budget in mind too. My wife is good with whatever and honestly I'm typically the one over analyzing. I'm also the guy who goes to several places comparing prices to try and get the best deal. Which I've done with multiple vehicles. It can drive my wife crazy. Understandably so. So getting a good deal can matter too. But because this is my first surf boat I'm a little confused as to what a good deal could be. I just don't want to look back and feel like I should have done something else. Also being able to sell later may matter too. Especially if I'm getting an older boat. Although I recognize the SV would likely be a solid option. What are your thoughts on resale if we decide to upgrade a few years down the line? Anyway, I've rambled enough. What do you guys think?

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2015-Centurion-Enzo-244-for-sale-Plantersville-Mississippi-138730.aspx

https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2021-supreme-zs232-8356556/

https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2019-supreme-zs232-8381001/

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2021-Supreme-ZS232-for-sale-ROHNERT-PARK-California-136159.aspx

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2015-Moomba-Mojo-for-sale-Hot-Springs-Arkansas-138345.aspx

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2018-Moomba-Max-440-Raptor-for-sale-Colorado-Springs-Colorado-138921.aspx

steve100    0

So after looking at the pictures again. Based on the photos I saw, it does look like the 244 has plug and play ballasts and CATS. Although I'm still waiting to hear back from the seller. Sent a message yesterday. It does not have quick surf. I like the idea of a bigger main cabin area. The older kids may sit in the bow but the younger ones are generally in the main area. So that's good to know. Let me know what you guys think. I'm in Colorado right now but we head back home to Texas next week and I'll be looking to pull the trigger on something soon. I'm definitely not getting something without seeing it first but most of what I'm looking at is a days drive. So I'm trying to be wise about what I go see and the time/money it takes to do so. Just trying to pick the brains of people with more knowledge than me to make the best decision.

Thanks again

Edited by steve100

steve100    0

Got a reply back on the 244. It sold. No worries though. I appreciate the advice. Still curious what your thoughts are on the boats I sent. Let me know. 

Troy. R    198
2 hours ago, steve100 said:

Got a reply back on the 244. It sold. No worries though. I appreciate the advice. Still curious what your thoughts are on the boats I sent. Let me know. 

That Enzo was actually a FS44, not a SV244. He had it advertised wrong.

My ZS is a 2019. The big difference between the '19 and '21 ZS are the tower, the display, and cooling system.
The '19 has the back swept Octo tower and the '21 has the forward swept F-Series tower. The '21 has a larger display that included some cool features like rider presets and a "fill all/drain all" function for the ballast. Nothing ground breaking, but cool nonetheless.
The '21 has a closet cooling system that runs antifreeze through the engine and has heat exchanger that cools the antifreeze with raw water (lake water). The '19 runs raw water through the engine block for cooling. The closed cooling system seems nice and is a little easier to winterize, but I personally would not look at it as a deal breaker.
The '19-'21 ZS232 comes factory with 4600 lbs of ballast and it's all you need. The wave is big, adjustable, and powerful.

I don't know a ton about the Moombas you posted. It's my understanding that the Mojo got a running surface overhaul a few years back for improved surf wave I don't know what year that was though (could have been '15 for all I know). When I was in the market, the Momba dealer I talked to here in Mesa, AZ said that the Max throws a pretty good surf wave. He said, probably the best in their lineup. However, when pressed he did say that all of the Moombas like a little more weight than factory. He said they typically recommend 500-1000 lbs of lead. I'm not a fan of carrying a bunch of lead around in my boat. Main reason, it's always there. Trailering, loading/launching, cruising, etc. you always have that extra weight onboard.

Bigcatpt    408
18 hours ago, Troy. R said:

Like Bigcat said, the SV244 has a very big main cabin area. It will also throw one of the best surf waves out there. I didn’t play with CATS and how it impacts the goofy wave in the time I spent on the 244, but in general, the Enzos were tough to clean up the goofy wave. It can be done, and I believe CATS helps, I just don’t have any direct experience I can share.

Having surfed behind SV244s and now owning a ZS232, the 244 was the best wave I ever surfed until I got my ZS. The ZS has a very similar running surface to the newer Centurion opti-v. Like Bigcat said, the ZS uses quick surf (tabs on the back), so you fill all of the ballast and use the tabs to creat the wave. With this setup, you can switch sides in like 2 seconds, which is obviously very convenient. The ZS also has much more freeboard, so you’re sitting up higher in the water and not slammed with the rubrail in the water. Like I said, they both throw top notch waves, I think the variability of wave and push is just a touch better on the ZS.

Troy great first hand info on the ZS!  Sounds like a great boat!  

You mentioned the CATS for cleaning up the goofy wave on the 244.  It is a game changer combined with the asymmetrical trim tab.  Without those the goofy wave would be terrible.  With it the wave is really good.  Not quite as good as the port side....but still very good.  

Bigcatpt    408

That FS44 was a pretty decent price for the options and hours...... but that black top rail would be a no go for me.  Way too hot to step on or rest your forearm on.  But it sold anyway.  

All of those ZS look great.  Troy will be a better source for info on those.  

Best of luck in your search.  Keep looking til you find what you want.....its out there.  

steve100    0

Big Cat and Troy,

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the first hand knowledge on the ZS line Troy. I agree about the differences not being too significant. I also agree about lead. I’m not a big fan either. Really, for all of the reasons you mentioned. I had a Moomba before (direct drive) and it was a great boat while we had it. Which is why I was looking into them. Main thing that got me on the Centurion/Supreme brands were that from what I had read they didn’t require lead or weight inside the boat. I’m okay with upgrading a plug and play but I know there are times when the boat needs more and a bag is in the seating area. I definitely did not want this. I know the Mojo’s I sent did have upgraded bags. I guess right now I’m trying to decide if we want to take out a loan (likely small, around or less than $30k), or pay cash and have the boat free and clear. I think it’s more likely we pay cash. Simply because I hate having payments on things.

But it is fun to look at more expensive stuff. Although I know this can also be a trap as well. I showed my wife (who is not too familiar with boats) a 2021 Ri265 the other day without her seeing the price. She was like that is way nice, lets get it. I told her the price and that changed for a bit. Then she came back later and asked what payments would be. I said we will not be getting a $215k boat or anything close to that price range. But I appreciate her even thinking about it. It just reminds me that she just wants something that is going to be best for our family.

Anyway, thanks again guys.

Bigcatpt    408

FWIW I run 550# of weight bags in my SV244.  But I am a big guy and want/need a big surf wave.  So I try to maximize the boats potential.  I leave the weight in place for short trips to the lake but pull it out and put it in the truck bed for longer road trips. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..