Whatstheclaim

Defective Hull? 2022 RI 245 hull deflection while on trailer

Hello all!

First things first, I love my Centurion. The surf wave is the best in the industry and it’s not even close.

With that said, I was washing my boat today and did a double take when washing the hull. The hull looked “warped”. I took a few steps back and could tell immediately something was wrong.

It seems like the structural integrity of my hull just gave out? I’m very concerned.

Here is a picture

Troy. R    198
10 hours ago, Whatstheclaim said:

Hello all!

First things first, I love my Centurion. The surf wave is the best in the industry and it’s not even close.

With that said, I was washing my boat today and did a double take when washing the hull. The hull looked “warped”. I took a few steps back and could tell immediately something was wrong.

It seems like the structural integrity of my hull just gave out? I’m very concerned.

Here is a picture

The picture didn’t load. I’d be curious to see it if you can get it to load.

That said, are you sure it’s not a gel coat blemish or something like that?

Have you contacted your dealer about it? If it is truly a hull defect, at least there is a lifetime warranty on the structural integrity of the hull. Though it’s very rare, hull defects are not completely unheard of.

7 minutes ago, Troy. R said:

The picture didn’t load. I’d be curious to see it if you can get it to load.

That said, are you sure it’s not a gel coat blemish or something like that?

Have you contacted your dealer about it? If it is truly a hull defect, at least there is a lifetime warranty on the structural integrity of the hull. Though it’s very rare, hull defects are not completely unheard of.

The gel coat looks fine. It just looks like the hull is collapsing in that spot. Here is the picture again.

29229CD6-FF04-4B47-BEA0-28FD981BE5C0.jpeg

Troy. R    198

@Whatstheclaim I see what you’re talking about. I’d get it to my dealer for an evaluation.

My local dealer didn’t have much to say besides “it’s safe to use” so I called Centurion. They acknowledged there was an issue (obviously) and said they would contact the dealer. 

I totally get problems can happen during manufacturing so I’m not mad about the defect. Just want it fixed….

Will update this thread as this progresses.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Troy. R said:

@Whatstheclaim I see what you’re talking about. I’d get it to my dealer for an evaluation.

I took it by the dealer and they immediately said the hull failed. The boats headed back to the factory.

• Like 1

Troy. R    198
2 hours ago, Whatstheclaim said:

I took it by the dealer and they immediately said the hull failed. The boats headed back to the factory.

Glad it’s being taken care of, unfortunately you’re going to miss the bulk of the season, if not the entire season for it.

Did they give you a timeframe?

I wonder if your dealer will let you use a demo boat now and then?

On 5/28/2022 at 0:03 PM, Troy. R said:

Glad it’s being taken care of, unfortunately you’re going to miss the bulk of the season, if not the entire season for it.

Did they give you a timeframe?

I wonder if your dealer will let you use a demo boat now and then?

Centurion is trying to say this isn’t covered under warranty. Will find out more today.

Troy. R    198
6 hours ago, Whatstheclaim said:

Centurion is trying to say this isn’t covered under warranty. Will find out more today.

That seems rather outrageous.
I hope it works out in your favor without having to get lawyers involved.

69C10    2

The hulls are supposed to be like 3/4” thick from past pictures I’ve seen, be interesting to see if it’s abnormally thin there or something

69C10    2
On 2022-06-03 at 7:46 AM, Whatstheclaim said:

Did you ever get anywhere with this issue?

Greg P    0

My 2021 ri245 is has the same problem.  Our hull warping is worse.  Anyone get theirs fixed?  If so, how was the process?

Sullivad    0

Hello everyone.  I see that this thread has been quiet for a while although I too am wondering what the outcome of the warped hull was as I've recently taken delivery of a Ri245 and have what appears to be the same exact warping in the same location.  Any insights on what I might be getting into would be greatly appreciated.