Sign in to follow this  
Bdaddy363

Wet Sounds 6.5” for tower?

Bdaddy363    0

We just purchased a 2008 Avalanche C4 and the wife wants tower speakers…and so do I. We have 5 kids and I already have a hard time hearing and don’t want the kids to go deaf. We are considering the 8” Rev for the tower, but then I started thinking about the 6.5”. I don’t need to hear sound while wakeboarding or 300 yards down the river. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Already purchased 4 of the wet sounds 6.5” for interior of the boat and was planning on upgrading the head unit as it’s the original.

Thanks, 
Bryan

Bdaddy363    0

Sorry for the repeats, I was using my phone and it kept timing out saying it couldn't connect to server.

Wylie_Tunes    146

Why not consider the 8" Icon-8 over the 8" Rev-8? Volume can be controlled by the volume dial, but the larger speaker will deliver better sound quality. 

• Like 1

Bdaddy363    0

Thanks Wylie, do you know if I need the X-mount kit or can I use a swivel for the Evolution tower?

Wylie_Tunes    146

X-Mount is a direct bolt up mount to a 2.5" bolt spread with a wire hole in the center. The full TC3-S swivel is for a tube tower. The TC3-SXM is a direct mount like the X, but can swivel disconnect. Not sure which is best for the evolution. 

Bdaddy363    0

My tower speaker wire is not the middle hole? I tried to upload a photo, but I am sure you know what I have.