Jkid80

2015 centurion Enzo fs33 - advice for exhaust, toggle switches, surf wake

Jkid80    0

New member here but longtime lurker.

Bought a 2015 Enzo fs33 about 3 years ago it's been a great boat for our family and I love it. 

A few questions from you experts:

1. Per the image attached I don't have a water exhaust pipe... I've been reading about FAE's etc. Really I think I want to get something here cause it looks cool but more importantly the health of the people on the back of the boat and the rider from emmisions. 

I don't need the best but I want the "best practice" and best bang for buck to solve the issue. 

2. The port side surf has always been far superior to the starboard side... I've tried it all, settings, weight, water etc. The port side can get huge and a beautiful curl the starboard side has less push and height and minimal curl. Could the FAE or exhaust system potentially help this? Any other suggestions to try?

3. A few if my toggle switches have busted in the dash. Any recommendations on where to buy new ones (dealer said they don't carry them for older boats and even if they did they would probably cost a fortune)..?

Thanks everybody I'll be attentive to your comments or questions!

Jason 

20220417_144553.jpg

Troy. R    198

Unfortunately, the FAE will not help your goofy wave. It’s been an issue for a long time with the “Enzo” hull. My understanding is that pushing your asymmetric center plate can help, but it will never be as good at the regular side.

You can try calling the factory in Merced, CA to see if they can give you the make/model or part number on those toggle switches. They’re typically pretty helpful.

209-384-0255

Jkid80    0

Troy,

thanks for your response and feedback. When you say "pushing your asymmetric centerplate"... your just saying drop it down, while surfing (on the goofy side anyway) - right?

Is there any other benefit to the FAE? (isn't it healthier on the riders so they don't breath co2 or is that a myth?)

Troy. R    198

Hey Jason,

Yes, my understanding is that deploying the Asymmetrical plate downward will help clean up the goofy wave. I had an ‘07 Avy (similar running surface) before my current boat and I had a custom Asymmetrical plate fab’ed for it. The cleanest goofy wave I could get was with the plate deployed beyond 50%.

The FAE will not only reduce CO2, but will reduce engine/exhaust noise. Some have said they can create a little bit of spray, but it’s negligible.

• Thanks 1