Sign in to follow this  
NVBRAD

2022 Supreme S220

NVBRAD    0

We had our new S220 delivered in February and have been able to use it about 6 times now. We have run into a number of issues:

1. Incorrect Bimini installation

2. Stripped/Broken dash - still waiting for replacement dash (2 months) 

3. A ballast bag that only empties to about 25%

4. The chrome bumper rail (not sure proper name) was installed incorrectly and numerous screws have come out or were forced in potentially creating it more difficult to fix

5. Slow leak which we noticed after slipping our boat on the lake. We are not sure exactly where the leak is located yet as I just pulled it from the water. 

6. Numerous things that required basic re-tightening.  

I'm extremely disappointed in the overall presentation and build quality of this boat I just paid 100k for. While I still love the boat, the hype of the being the superior value boat doesn't seem to match the delivered boat. Since this is my first boat, I'm not sure where my blame should be pointed, at the dealer or the manufacturer? Some of these things just seem like basic things that should have been fixed or caught before delivery like the Bimini and bumper rail. Some things however seem like a build quality issue. Is anybody else having issues like this? 

Overall, I love the wave and the boat but I'm beginning to think I wouldn't have these issues if I went with the Axis or Moomba. 

Troy. R    198
1 hour ago, NVBRAD said:

We had our new S220 delivered in February and have been able to use it about 6 times now. We have run into a number of issues:

4. The chrome bumper rail (not sure proper name) was installed incorrectly and numerous screws have come out or were forced in potentially creating it more difficult to fix

5. Slow leak which we noticed after slipping our boat on the lake. We are not sure exactly where the leak is located yet as I just pulled it from the water. 

I'm extremely disappointed in the overall presentation and build quality of this boat I just paid 100k for. While I still love the boat, the hype of the being the superior value boat doesn't seem to match the delivered boat. Since this is my first boat, I'm not sure where my blame should be pointed, at the dealer or the manufacturer? Some of these things just seem like basic things that should have been fixed or caught before delivery like the Bimini and bumper rail. Some things however seem like a build quality issue. Is anybody else having issues like this? 

Overall, I love the wave and the boat but I'm beginning to think I wouldn't have these issues if I went with the Axis or Moomba. 

You for sure would not have less issues with Axis, Those things are junk in my opinion. I can't speak for Moomba. They seem to be pretty solid boats. It sounds like the blame should go on both. Other than the slow leak, the dealer should have caught everything else (when they water test they wouldn't have it in the water long enough to find that). The broken dash and rub-rail issues should have been caught by QC at the factory, but once they got passed the factory, the dealer should have caught them. The bimini is 100% dealer. biminis are not installed at the factory (or at least they used to not be in the Merced, CA plant). I understand your frustration, but I'm sure they will get it all dialed in for you.

One thing to keep in mind is that these boats are not manufactured like a car. There's no automation or robotics. They are hand made 1 at a time. With that you'll have some of these issues pop up with all brands including the high end boats like Centurion, Nautique, Master Craft, etc.

NVBRAD    0

@Troy. R I appreciate your feedback. It's frustrating but I'm trying to keep good spirits about it. The dealer has been very nice about everything but it's a frustrating ordeal to constantly be taking the boat back and forth when all we want to do is surf. 

Troy. R    198
8 hours ago, NVBRAD said:

@Troy. R I appreciate your feedback. It's frustrating but I'm trying to keep good spirits about it. The dealer has been very nice about everything but it's a frustrating ordeal to constantly be taking the boat back and forth when all we want to do is surf. 

I totally get it.

69C10    2
On 2022-04-10 at 4:09 PM, NVBRAD said:

As Troy mention, some of that does sounds like dealer fault / missed QC, and is unfortunate you have to deal with. Hopefully your dealer can go through it better and gets you taken care of! 

How’s your gel coat seem as far as blemishes and overal quality?

This really doesn’t help you, but my dealer has informed me of much improved quality/ quality control on his latest few supremes vs the first ones that were showing up at the end of 2021.