newtonabbie    1

Anyone put a surf pipe on a ZS232?  2021?  I understand they have to cut a hole through the stinger plate, has anyone seen a performance changed with that?  

Troy. R    198
7 hours ago, newtonabbie said:

Anyone put a surf pipe on a ZS232?  2021?  I understand they have to cut a hole through the stinger plate, has anyone seen a performance changed with that?  

I looked into it and didn't like the idea of cutting a hole in my stinger plate. If I were to do any exhaust mod, I'd just get the silent stinger plate that's offered on the 2022's.

newtonabbie    1

Troy, nice to hear from you again!  
I ended up getting a 2021 ZS232 ?.

just trying to understand if anyone has actual put this on.  Have you noticed the exhaust being any issue on yours?  

The dealers are not shy about charging you for things, I imagine that silent stinger would be $3k-$5k installed….ouch 

Troy. R    198
1 hour ago, newtonabbie said:

Troy, nice to hear from you again!  
I ended up getting a 2021 ZS232 ?.

just trying to understand if anyone has actual put this on.  Have you noticed the exhaust being any issue on yours?  

The dealers are not shy about charging you for things, I imagine that silent stinger would be $3k-$5k installed….ouch 

Congrats @newtonabbie!!!
Post some pics!

Yeah, I'm sure the silent stinger installed by the dealer wouldn't be cheap.

The exhaust has not been a big issue to us.

The only issue we have had that was big enough of a deal to address was getting into the boat on the trailer and some (mother-in-law/younger kids) not being able to get back into the boat with the ballast empty. The swim deck sits quite a bit out of the water without ballast. I ended up installing a retractably swim step ladder to fix that problem.

newtonabbie    1

Troy, I have to figure out how to resize the photos.  Not sure I will be able to do that from my phone.  
I did speak with our local dealer and they are going to speak with Supreme and see if the silent stinger is available to retro on the Supreme (and what the cost would be).  Will let you know.  
They are going to do some work on the boat already.  I am having them add the back chip and ordered bow filler cushion.  
I may do the ladder like you did, but am going to put the boat in the water first and see how it goes.  

my next project is to figure out if I want to get the sail extension from sewlong (wife has to have shade).  

Troy. R    198

Right on.
Yes, please let me know on the silent stinger retro-fit.

69C10    2
On 2022-02-23 at 1:07 PM, newtonabbie said:

Troy, I have to figure out how to resize the photos.  Not sure I will be able to do that from my phone.  
I did speak with our local dealer and they are going to speak with Supreme and see if the silent stinger is available to retro on the Supreme (and what the cost would be).  Will let you know.  
They are going to do some work on the boat already.  I am having them add the back chip and ordered bow filler cushion.  
I may do the ladder like you did, but am going to put the boat in the water first and see how it goes.  

my next project is to figure out if I want to get the sail extension from sewlong (wife has to have shade).  

I’d look into the factory silent stinger first, but from what I’ve seen on the other forums, guys that have cut holes for FAE haven’t noticed any difference in wave or performance. 

Troy, does your trailer have the rear extended/oversized steps for getting onto the swim platform?

Troy. R    198
9 hours ago, 69C10 said:

I’d look into the factory silent stinger first, but from what I’ve seen on the other forums, guys that have cut holes for FAE haven’t noticed any difference in wave or performance. 

Troy, does your trailer have the rear extended/oversized steps for getting onto the swim platform?

No, my trailer doesn’t. If I would have ordered it, I would have got the rear trailer step for sure. My boat was dealer stock.

69C10    2
1 hour ago, Troy. R said:

No, my trailer doesn’t. If I would have ordered it, I would have got the rear trailer step for sure. My boat was dealer stock.

Mother of god!! I don’t even know why they’re an option, should just be standard. These boats are massive, shy of carrying around a ladder good luck to most trying to get in. 

Troy. R    198
On 2/26/2022 at 9:14 PM, 69C10 said:

Mother of god!! I don’t even know why they’re an option, should just be standard. These boats are massive, shy of carrying around a ladder good luck to most trying to get in. 

I totally agree. The swim platform ladder solved the problem for us.

Riverguy    1

I just received a quote from my dealer to install a Silent Stinger Plate. The price was reasonable (less than $2k installed).

newtonabbie    1

Riverguy, interesting on the pricing.  That sounds pretty good.  Not sure where you are at, I  have asked for a price but have not heard back yet.  I know for me the regular surf pipe was in the $1400-$1600 range.  Not great, but not horrible.  I assumed the silent stinger would be well about the $2000 mark.  
Have you had a negative experience with the exhaust on the ZS232 or Supreme family of boats?  

69C10    2
On 2022-03-15 at 4:50 AM, Riverguy said:

I just received a quote from my dealer to install a Silent Stinger Plate. The price was reasonable (less than $2k installed).

I’d probably jump at that price. At least then it’s the same as factory and cleaner looking then the surf pipe imo. I didn’t even ask what the price of the silent stinger was on my 22’ build, kind of interested now though. 

Riverguy    1
On 3/16/2022 at 9:18 AM, newtonabbie said:

Riverguy, interesting on the pricing.  That sounds pretty good.  Not sure where you are at, I  have asked for a price but have not heard back yet.  I know for me the regular surf pipe was in the $1400-$1600 range.  Not great, but not horrible.  I assumed the silent stinger would be well about the $2000 mark.  
Have you had a negative experience with the exhaust on the ZS232 or Supreme family of boats?  

I have not had any issues with exhaust. I ordered a Silent Stinger Plate to reduce engine noise. However, my dealer came back this week and told me Supreme is not shipping the plate for 2021 models this year. No explanation on why, but I assume they are trying to recover from production constraints with new boat orders.