newtonabbie    1

I have a thread already for a Supreme ZX232, as that is our primary target for a used boat. But we have had a deal fall through already and may have to look at a 2018 Fi23.   They are a little more money than I want to spend, but….how do they compare wake wise.  I know the easy answer is the Fi23 is way better, but is it?  I know there are a ton of features I love on the boat (tech, fit finish, ram fill, ballast, etc).   
finally, in my brief search I can’t see heaters listed on most I see….are heaters standard or optional on a 2018 Fi23?   
as always, thank you. I appreciate your feed back.  

Troy. R    198

Hey @newtonabbie,

Me again! Haha!
Unfortunately this site doesn't get near the traffic that it used to. When I first joined in the 2010 timeframe, this place was hoppin' and was such a great place to get boating and specifically Centurion information. I don't do social media, so it's my only boating outlet.

So, we took a real good look at the FI23 as well in our search. I loved the upgraded tech, ramfill, fit/finish of the FI23 over the ZS232. My wife actually preferred the look of the ZS and decided she would prefer to go the ZS route even BEFORE she knew the $$ difference. Hahaha! That, and of course the cost difference, drove us toward the ZS. The size/interior space is very comparable between the 2 boats. The ZS actually sits a little taller (has higher freeboard) and as such is a little heavier/more tow weight, but its marginal (maybe 150-200 lbs). They have VERY similar running surfaces (Opti-V on the FI, Tapered-V on the ZS) and very similar weight when fully ballast loaded. They both throw a phenomenal surf wave. I never got to the point where I tested the FI, but based on the input of my local dealer, they said the ZS wave is actually a little better if you're looking at wave alone (leaving out all of the other obvious upgrades of the FI over the ZS). In reality, The running surfaces, weight, size, and surf systems are so similar on the 2 boats, I doubt most would be able to tell the difference in the waves.

• Like 1

newtonabbie    1

We keep going like this we might have to find a lake to boat on and have a beer once I actually find a boat!  Hahaha.  Thank you again, as always appreciate the feedback!  

Edited by newtonabbie

Troy. R    198
5 hours ago, newtonabbie said:

We keep going like this we might have to find a lake to boat on and have a beer once I actually find a boat!  Hahaha.  Thank you again, as always appreciate the feedback!  

Happy to help and talk boats! I got such a great wealth of information from this site years back when first getting into wakeboats, I enjoy the opportunity to help others in any way I might be able to.

Truthfully, the FI and ZS (if those are the 2 you’ve narrowed your search to) are fantastic boats. You can’t go wrong either way.

Sounds great on finding a lake and having a beer, but I think you’d have to come down this way! I don’t think your lakes at the peak of summer get warm enough for my Arizona acclimated bones! Haha!

Best of luck on your search!

69C10    2

I can’t contribute much to this convo, but to second what Troy said, my dealer also told me the ZS throws a better surf wave then the FI. Could have something to do with the Fi 21/23’s 32” of draft vs 36” of the supreme and other centurions. We were sold on the style and looks of the ZS, wife and I both love it, the lower price also helps.

• Like 1