Sign in to follow this  
EricO

New Boat Pricing Not Being Honored

EricO    0

Hi Everyone- I am reaching out to see if anyone has experienced problems with prices not being honored. Here is my story..... Bought a 2022 Supreme S220 on 9/28/22. Dealer wrote up the offer on their letterhead. Added in all the options we wanted. We picked colors etc etc and we gave them a $5000 deposit for a boat that was to be delivered in April 2022. Last week, I get a call from our sales rep telling me that there is going to be a price increase from the manufacturer and they are going to have to pass it along to me. They can't tell me how much....only that I am going to have to pay more and that they won't know how much more for a few weeks. I have called BS on that as I feel I have offer and acceptance in place. Is anyone else out there getting this message from Dealers on boats that they have ordered?

Troy. R    198
18 hours ago, EricO said:

Hi Everyone- I am reaching out to see if anyone has experienced problems with prices not being honored. Here is my story..... Bought a 2022 Supreme S220 on 9/28/22. Dealer wrote up the offer on their letterhead. Added in all the options we wanted. We picked colors etc etc and we gave them a $5000 deposit for a boat that was to be delivered in April 2022. Last week, I get a call from our sales rep telling me that there is going to be a price increase from the manufacturer and they are going to have to pass it along to me. They can't tell me how much....only that I am going to have to pay more and that they won't know how much more for a few weeks. I have called BS on that as I feel I have offer and acceptance in place. Is anyone else out there getting this message from Dealers on boats that they have ordered?

I did hear from my local dealer earlier in the year that there was going to be a mid/late year price increase. If I recall correctly, he said all boats sprayed after October would have this price increase (I want to say 3% or so, but that could be totally wrong). He said their '21-'22 Price increase was 7% and the industry standard for the year was closer to 10%. Your dealer should have known and should have been upfront with you about it. To me, this is something that would drive me absolutely nuts if I found out 3 months down the road like you, but I could handle if I knew going in.

All this madness in boat pricing and demand is seriously making me consider selling my ZS232! Hahaha!

69C10    2

When I got the quote for my zs232 back in Aug/Sept, my dealer informed me of a 3% price hike for boats built after October 2021. I just assumed that increase was added into the quote as we both knew my boat had a May 2022 build date. 

If anything changes I’ll report back, but he was adamant that his quoted price was the price I’ll pay and it won’t be changing. 

I’d certainly be a little pissed off with an unexpected price increase, especially since they should have known months ago, but not sure if it would be enough for me to walk. Read the fine print on the quote, probably not much you can do as you haven’t signed anything financially binding yet. Maybe they can work with you and toss in some extra gear or discount some added options. Hopefully it works out for you! 

EricO    0

Long long story short..... What I am told is Supreme basically did not build enough cushion into what their future costs were going to be to get boats built. They swallowed what they thought was fair and then told the dealers to eat it. At the end of the day, my total cost increase was $4000 which is a 3.5% hit and I worked it out with my dealer to paying $2k more.  I understand MC, Ski Natique are at 7% and 11%. MFG's making bad business buying decisions and then not living with them......

I put my deposit for an S240 in Nov.  the Dealer told me they expected a 5% increase from the manufacturer and built that into my quote.  No word on what the final increase is yet.   

stuntmanx8    0

We placed our deposit for ours in mid October. Our spray date is in February. Heard about this price increase and called our dealer and asked about it. He said yes, there would be a price increase, but they are honoring our deal at the negotiated price when we placed the deposit. Our dealer said they would eat the difference to keep our business. 

NWBS are stand up people. They are also completely sold out of all their supremes and cutting deals with new owners free storage etc to house boats in the show room.