69C10

Factory Build Times

69C10    2

Just curious if anyone knows the situation in the Supreme plant? Delays, production numbers, quality concerns being a brand new facility?

My local dealers first 22 ZS was supposed to show up start of October, as of now it hasn’t even gone into production. The new vinyl samples are supposed to come in with the first boat, and I’d like to see the OTB pattern in person before deciding, so I’m waiting to crawl around that boat and obviously check out the new samples. His 22 Centurions are coming in already.

Adding to this, I was given a May delivery date. Its a long ways away, but should I be worried at all of it not showing up until well into summer?

Edited by 69C10

Troy. R    198

Boy, that’s tough. I hope whatever the issue is gets resolved quickly and you can get your boat on time.

As far as quality, I would imagine they have some senior people from Merced there making sure the build process/quality remains the same as the CA plant.

69C10    2

Even though there isn’t much action here, I’ll still update this incase anyone else is in the same situation. 

I talked to my dealer, he said apparently supreme is prioritizing customer sold boats, and dealer stock boats are getting bumped. My delivery date of May is still on schedule from what I’m told, which I’m happy to hear. His first boats (2) have been sprayed, but are currently sitting on the side line until they can squeeze them in he claimed. 

His new supreme Vinyl samples are on the truck now, so looking forward to seeing those and getting that figured out.

Finally, does supremes website piss anyone else off? It annoys me that they can’t get their boat builder and site 100% up to date and functioning properly! I feel like that’s not asking too much….

Troy. R    198

@69C10 hopefully that schedule holds for you! It would suck to have that delivery date pushed into summer.

69C10    2

Well another update with some bad and good news.

My dealers last 2 supremes took around 7 weeks from spray to delivered. So when our ZS232 sprayed at the start of May, we were excited and confident we’d see it for late June, which was a relief with hearing all the delays at the new supreme facility. The week following, my dealer calls and says there’s no eta on my boat, might be July, might be end of summer… great. Lucky for us, he had one Fi23 coming in July that wasn’t spoken for, somehow, so we put our name on it. 

So, as it stands, no ZS for us, which I’m kind of bummed about as I love the look and depth, and that massive deep rear storage. The Fi interior is damn sharp, and the dash layout is definitely a step above the supreme, and I feel my dealer went above and beyond and offered us a great deal to get us on the water this year! The Fi will be optioned very similarly to the ZS, but only the 409 in the Fi vs the 450ho we had in the ZS. I’m thinking the Fi isn’t as deep or heavy so the 409 should move it pretty well.

Troy. R    198

Nice!

The Fi’s are sharp boats. We looked at buying one that our local dealer had on the lot, but they wouldn’t budge on the price.

69C10    2
On 2022-05-28 at 11:10 AM, Troy. R said:

Nice!

The Fi’s are sharp boats. We looked at buying one that our local dealer had on the lot, but they wouldn’t budge on the price.

They are indeed, I just love how deep the ZS is!
But I feel my dealer AWS in strathmore has more then taken care of us and is offering us the FI at a great price, so very hard to pass on.

N901    4
On 5/28/2022 at 0:51 PM, 69C10 said:

My dealers last 2 supremes took around 7 weeks from spray to delivered. So when our ZS232 sprayed at the start of May, we were excited and confident we’d see it for late June, which was a relief with hearing all the delays at the new supreme facility. The week following, my dealer calls and says there’s no eta on my boat, might be July, might be end of summer… great. Lucky for us, he had one Fi23 coming in July that wasn’t spoken for, somehow, so we put our name on it. 

So, as it stands, no ZS for us, which I’m kind of bummed about as I love the look and depth, and that massive deep rear storage. The Fi interior is damn sharp, and the dash layout is definitely a step above the supreme, and I feel my dealer went above and beyond and offered us a great deal to get us on the water this year! The Fi will be optioned very similarly to the ZS, but only the 409 in the Fi vs the 450ho we had in the ZS. I’m thinking the Fi isn’t as deep or heavy so the 409 should move it pretty well.

On 5/28/2022 at 0:51 PM, 69C10 said:

Do you think the 409 is too small for the ZS232?

Troy. R    198
On 8/23/2022 at 7:28 PM, N901 said:

For what it’s worth, my dealer in Mesa, AZ said that the 409 was sufficient with the high elevation/surf prop at our elevation (~1500’). We ended up getting a 450 and are happy we did. I’ve had it at 2500’ - 3000’ with 14 people in the boat and we had to move people to the bow to get up to surf speed when fully ballast loaded.

Troy. R    198
On 8/23/2022 at 7:28 PM, N901 said:

I should note, I was going to order a ZS232 locally before I found mine in Orlando, and I was comfortable going with the 409 base on the conversation with my dealer.

Edited by Troy. R

N901    4

Got it, thanks. Im at sea level so I’d imagine it would be fine. I’d have to see it/ drive it fully loaded to be certain. 

69C10    2
On 2022-08-23 at 8:28 PM, N901 said:

At sea level you will be fine. I’d say about 3000ft and depending on regular crew size is the cut off for 409 in a 23ft boat. 2907 prop is a must!

We put on the first 25 hours at 1200ft in our FI23 with 409 and it was great, loaded with 4 adults and 4 kids, 100% ballast and 50% bow bag, it didn’t struggle even a smidge. Back home at 3000ft, +300lbs of lead nearly all in the back and same 4 adults and 4 kids, the motor was a moderate bit louder, but still didn’t seem to struggle. 

All that said, in hindsight I should have just went 450, not that it’s needed, just because I run premium fuel anyways, and you can never have too much! I was just trying to stay closer on budget after bumping up to the centurion. Love the boat though, wave and rough water ride are epic!

N901    4
1 hour ago, 69C10 said:

At sea level you will be fine. I’d say about 3000ft and depending on regular crew size is the cut off for 409 in a 23ft boat. 2907 prop is a must!

We put on the first 25 hours at 1200ft in our FI23 with 409 and it was great, loaded with 4 adults and 4 kids, 100% ballast and 50% bow bag, it didn’t struggle even a smidge. Back home at 3000ft, +300lbs of lead nearly all in the back and same 4 adults and 4 kids, the motor was a moderate bit louder, but still didn’t seem to struggle. 

All that said, in hindsight I should have just went 450, not that it’s needed, just because I run premium fuel anyways, and you can never have too much! I was just trying to stay closer on budget after bumping up to the centurion. Love the boat though, wave and rough water ride are epic!

Great thanks. We are at 230' so should be good.