2010 Elite V Oldman WB SS

Engine Oil for 2010 Centurion Elite V with PCM 305

Preparing to change my oil and checked the PCM manual.  The spec is for SAE 15W-40 “GF-4/SM oil.  I have not been able to find any oil that meets this spec.  What are folks using in this engine?

Troy. R    198
11 hours ago, 2010 Elite V Oldman WB SS said:

Preparing to change my oil and checked the PCM manual.  The spec is for SAE 15W-40 “GF-4/SM oil.  I have not been able to find any oil that meets this spec.  What are folks using in this engine?

I’m not sure if it applies to the older engines, but PCM put out a tech bulletin recommending dexos2 5w-30 last year.

I was not able to find a phone # for PCM so I tried to email them.  I got no response so I called BoardCo.  They said the service bulletin only applies to the larger engines.  They are still using 15W-40 for the smaller engines like my 5.0L.

Based on the research I did, the following 15W40 oils would meet the SN spec (which supercedes the SM spec)  for these older engines.

Chevron Delo 400 SDE

Valvoline Premium Blue

Castrol GTX 

Traveller Premium All Fleet

Mobil Delvac 1300 Synthetic

All are rated for gas or diesel engines.  The Shell Rotella T4 that most folks seem to use is no longer rated for gas engines.