Sign in to follow this  
69C10

ZS252

69C10    2

I know it’s not really mind blowing news, but now it’s official. Be interesting to see details on this beast, drops on the 8th I think.

Any predictions?

Troy. R    198
16 hours ago, 69C10 said:

I know it’s not really mind blowing news, but now it’s official. Be interesting to see details on this beast, drops on the 8th I think.

Any predictions?

My prediction, Z/S sheer line and 25'2". Haha!

I talked to my local dealer about the 252 a few months back and it is going to be pricey. MSRP north of $160K if I recall correctly.

Troy. R    198

I was just checking this boat out on the Supreme website (I was looking for silent stinger retrofit info and got side tracked. Haha!) The 252 is on the EZ-V hull, and not the Tapered-V like the other ZS's?
I wonder why, and I wonder what the difference is between the 2. The differences I can see are that the EZ-V does not have the staggered chines, and does not seem to have the slight downward slant/triangles on the rear corners of the hull.

69C10    2
18 hours ago, Troy. R said:

I was just checking this boat out on the Supreme website (I was looking for silent stinger retrofit info and got side tracked. Haha!) The 252 is on the EZ-V hull, and not the Tapered-V like the other ZS's?
I wonder why, and I wonder what the difference is between the 2. The differences I can see are that the EZ-V does not have the staggered chines, and does not seem to have the slight downward slant/triangles on the rear corners of the hull.

Lol, I came here to basically post this exact statement and question. Does seem weird, I wonder if the easy V maybe wakeboards a little better or something? Be cool if they’d explain the big difference and why they went that way. 

Just found their YouTube post, haven’t even watched it all yet.

69C10    2

After watching the video and looking at some other pictures, looks like it could have an in floor place for a hard cooler by the driver seat, no mention of it though. I would have guessed more ballast, an extra 200lbs probably isn’t enough to sink those extra 2ft of hull. Still looks good though, and huge!

Lastly, I hope the removable seat backs for the center sliding seat are available as an option for the 232.

Troy. R    198
2 hours ago, 69C10 said:

After watching the video and looking at some other pictures, looks like it could have an in floor place for a hard cooler by the driver seat, no mention of it though. I would have guessed more ballast, an extra 200lbs probably isn’t enough to sink those extra 2ft of hull. Still looks good though, and huge!

Lastly, I hope the removable seat backs for the center sliding seat are available as an option for the 232.

I would think the removable seat backs would be a 232 option, but that’s just a guess.

I did notice that it looks like the drop in back rest by the observer seat seems to no longer be an option for ‘22?

we love ours. If it is no longer an option, I wonder why?

Troy. R    198

I wonder if the 252 going to the EZ-V is a glimpse into the future for the 212/232?

Thinking back to the original ri, they had a traditional “Enzo style” deep-V hull. Then they came out with the opti-V on the ri257 at first, if I’m not mistaken. Then the rest of the ri’s transitioned to the opti-V. I could be wrong on that timeline, but I think that’s how it went.

69C10    2
1 hour ago, Troy. R said:

I wonder if the 252 going to the EZ-V is a glimpse into the future for the 212/232?

Thinking back to the original ri, they had a traditional “Enzo style” deep-V hull. Then they came out with the opti-V on the ri257 at first, if I’m not mistaken. Then the rest of the ri’s transitioned to the opti-V. I could be wrong on that timeline, but I think that’s how it went.

I think you’re pretty close on that timeline. 
I tried to upload the pictures to compare but the files are too big and I’m just on my phone, so not messing around anymore, but if you go to supremes site, compare the pictures of the 252 and 232 from the back. The easy V doesn’t look nearly as deep as the tapered v. From the swim platform down (even though the angle of the picture is a little different) the 232 looks to have a fair bit more depth. Might partially explain why there’s not a significant ballast increase. 252 isn’t even on my radar, but still nice to know the difference if a guys buying a 22 212/232.

Troy. R    198
2 hours ago, 69C10 said:

I think you’re pretty close on that timeline. 
I tried to upload the pictures to compare but the files are too big and I’m just on my phone, so not messing around anymore, but if you go to supremes site, compare the pictures of the 252 and 232 from the back. The easy V doesn’t look nearly as deep as the tapered v. From the swim platform down (even though the angle of the picture is a little different) the 232 looks to have a fair bit more depth. Might partially explain why there’s not a significant ballast increase. 252 isn’t even on my radar, but still nice to know the difference if a guys buying a 22 212/232.

I agree. I was always intrigued by the ZS252, and was fairly sure it was coming for the past few years, but we’re very happy with our 232.

69C10    2
On 2021-10-09 at 9:24 AM, 69C10 said:

I watched the YouTube video again, I’m not sure what I was doing or how I missed it the first time, but there’s definitely a cooler in the floor that she opens and talks about haha. I also didn’t catch the “standard” hinged seats first watch, wonder if that will carry over to the smaller ZS’s? Lots of questions for my dealer.

On 2021-10-09 at 11:41 AM, Troy. R said:

I would think the removable seat backs would be a 232 option, but that’s just a guess.

I did notice that it looks like the drop in back rest by the observer seat seems to no longer be an option for ‘22?

we love ours. If it is no longer an option, I wonder why?

Looking at the 22 232 build sheet, no mention of the observer drop in back rest, guess I overlooked that as well. I’ll be sure to ask some questions next week.

69C10    2

So I got a bit of clarification this morning, the ezV hull is based off the new optiV hull under the 230/245/265 and the taperedV hull was more based on the oringinal optiV hull is kind of how I understood it. So basically, all things being equal, the new ezV should perform better at everything then the taperedV. That could be way off though, just relaying what I was told. 

Im guessing for 2023 the taperedV will be updated to the ezV. Hopefully that won’t hurt resale too bad on 2022 212/232’s.

Troy. R    198
5 hours ago, 69C10 said:

So I got a bit of clarification this morning, the ezV hull is based off the new optiV hull under the 230/245/265 and the taperedV hull was more based on the oringinal optiV hull is kind of how I understood it. So basically, all things being equal, the new ezV should perform better at everything then the taperedV. That could be way off though, just relaying what I was told. 

Im guessing for 2023 the taperedV will be updated to the ezV. Hopefully that won’t hurt resale too bad on 2022 212/232’s.

Good to know. I don’t think resale will be hurt. As soon as you show a perspective buyer the wave, they’ll be in.