hurricane sean

IS Squirt fins and rack?

My buddy just picked up a used Is squirt for my wife and himself. They ride our cwb ride now. I'm hoping this will be something they can progress a little more on.

It only comes with one fin and I think I should add one or two more to start. Anyone able to tell me what fins I should get? Also is this board able to be stored in the tower rack?

Thanks Sean.

Bigcatpt    408

Hi Sean.  We have used an Inland Surfer Squirt as our 'boat board" for a long time.  It is a great all around board for a very wide weight range.  The thing I like most about it is that is has a very thin profile (3/4") and is not very buoyant.  This makes it easier for newbies to flip the board up against their feet for getting up.  Thicker more buoyant boards are much harder to get flipped up against the bottom of your feet to start.   

This board will fit in most board racks because it is only 3/4 inch thick.  

The fins in Squirt are Inland Surfer proprietary fins.  You can probably find them on their website or call them and have one sent to you.  They are not cheap.  You will only need 1 more fin.  2 fins is plenty to lock that board down and make it very stable since they are about 2 1/2 inch tall fins.  Then you can switch to only 1 fin to loosen things up a bit.   

I am not really sure how the Squirt will compare to the CWB Ride.  The Squirt is definitely not one of Inland Surfers best or nicest boards.  It is on the cheaper low end entry level boards in their line.   Is is composite molded like a wakeboard and is not one of their nicer epoxy infused surfboards like most of their line.  It is super flat with very sharp side edges which make it very fast but not always the most forgiving with catching front edges and sinking the nose. 

I keep mine primarily for the purpose of teaching new riders and then we progress them onto something better.  Not sure if this is the right board to really progress someone's riding to the next level though.  Your mileage may vary.  

Thanks for the info. I was worried that It might be too fragile to put in a rack. I ride a triple x slasher and I'm sick of not being able to put it in a rack.