Sign in to follow this  
Hudzon

2022 ZS232 Updates?

Hudzon    3

Hello all, anyone know if they are making any hull/interior/electronic/color option updates to the 2022 model year? Not that any are needed, just curious

Edited by Hudzon

Troy. R    198
10 hours ago, Hudzon said:

Hello all, anyone know if they are making any hull/interior/electronic/color option updates to the 2022 model year? Not that any are needed, just curious

The only update I know of is that the hex vinyl is now an option for ‘22. I believe everything else is the same.

• Like 1

Schnboo    0

What's the word on here about a ZS25? I had a buddy back east tell me when he bought his Ri that there were talks about a 25 footer.

Troy. R    198
55 minutes ago, Schnboo said:

What's the word on here about a ZS25? I had a buddy back east tell me when he bought his Ri that there were talks about a 25 footer.

I've been wondering if they were going to come out with a ZS252 as well. If they do, I'll seriously have to consider it. That said, I have not heard anything about it being in the works.

Riverguy    1
On 6/17/2021 at 11:22 AM, Hudzon said:

I was told the 2022 Supreme models will include an option for underwater exhaust similar to Centurion (stinger plate?). The exhaust modification is expected to be available for retrofit applications.

Troy. R    198
8 hours ago, Riverguy said:

I was told the 2022 Supreme models will include an option for underwater exhaust similar to Centurion (stinger plate?). The exhaust modification is expected to be available for retrofit applications.

Oh, nice!

I might have to do that mod.

speaking of mods… I added a swim platform ladder this year. It is so great! I added it for my mother/father-in-law, but it is so convenient for loading the boat pre-trip. I know this is a Centurion option from the factory. Im not sure if it is a Supreme option yet.

Edited by Troy. R

69C10    2

Colored tower accents, new clamping phone holder, the 232 now has 4900lbs of ballast, up from 4600lbs last year, any guess on where they’ll stuff that?

I demoed a 2021 a few weeks ago, the wave absolutely blew me away, now just gotta figure out if I’m going to order for next year.

Edited by 69C10

Troy. R    198
1 hour ago, 69C10 said:

Colored tower accents, new clamping phone holder, the 232 now has 4900lbs of ballast, up from 4600lbs last year, any guess on where they’ll stuff that?

I demoed a 2021 a few weeks ago, the wave absolutely blew me away, now just gotta figure out if I’m going to order for next year.

My guess on the ballast is an extra 150 per PnP in the rear lockers, but that's just a guess.

Troy. R    198
On 6/18/2021 at 7:35 PM, Schnboo said:

So, I was at my local dealer a week or so back and I was talking to the sales guy about the new stuff coming out. Pretty cool! They're replacing the S238 with a S240. The S240 will have a similar running surface to the ZS. They are also coming out with a ZS252, but my understanding was, at earliest the ZS252 would be out as a mid-year model, but probably more likely for '23.

69C10    2
2 hours ago, Troy. R said:

So, I was at my local dealer a week or so back and I was talking to the sales guy about the new stuff coming out. Pretty cool! They're replacing the S238 with a S240. The S240 will have a similar running surface to the ZS. They are also coming out with a ZS252, but my understanding was, at earliest the ZS252 would be out as a mid-year model, but probably more likely for '23.

The new S has what appears to be a very similar interior to the ZS except not quite as deep, and obviously the more traditional V bow. Hard to tell comparing the walk through videos, but the S looks to be maybe 3-5” less freeboard/interior depth.

The dealer I demoed through said the same about the mid model year release of the ZS252, that will be a BIG boat, the 232 felt huge compared to my older 22 tige. Wonder how much of a jump the price will be for those 2 extra feet.

Troy. R    198
7 hours ago, 69C10 said:

The new S has what appears to be a very similar interior to the ZS except not quite as deep, and obviously the more traditional V bow. Hard to tell comparing the walk through videos, but the S looks to be maybe 3-5” less freeboard/interior depth.

The dealer I demoed through said the same about the mid model year release of the ZS252, that will be a BIG boat, the 232 felt huge compared to my older 22 tige. Wonder how much of a jump the price will be for those 2 extra feet.

Probably $20k difference between 232 and 252 is my guess. When I first heard rumblings of a 252 I was all in, but the more I think of it, we’ve never been cramped in my 232, so it’s probably not worth the $ for me. Especially with the inflation of the current market.

69C10    2
16 hours ago, Troy. R said:

Probably $20k difference between 232 and 252 is my guess. When I first heard rumblings of a 252 I was all in, but the more I think of it, we’ve never been cramped in my 232, so it’s probably not worth the $ for me. Especially with the inflation of the current market.

How many people do you usually have out with you? We’re generally 4-5 adults and 4 kids under the age of 10, but with all the storage on the 232 I don’t think we’d need anything more. Prices are crazy these days, used prices are even more crazy!

Troy. R    198
19 hours ago, 69C10 said:

How many people do you usually have out with you? We’re generally 4-5 adults and 4 kids under the age of 10, but with all the storage on the 232 I don’t think we’d need anything more. Prices are crazy these days, used prices are even more crazy!

It all depends. Typically 4 adults, a couple teenagers, and 3-4 aged 2-8. 
We've had as many as 14 total, 8 of which being adults.

69C10    2

So according to the release specs the 232 lost 11gal of fuel capacity but gained 300lbs of ballast, unless that’s a typo. Would that have one to believe they increased the subfloor hard tanks?

Troy. R    198

Yeah, That's a possibility, but wouldn't account for the full 300 lbs. 11 gallons or water is approx 91.75 lbs.
Something else to consider is, with the smaller fuel tank, you lose 69.3 lbs of fuel capacity with a full tank. I'd be curious to find out where the extra weight is.

Hudzon    3

So, we gave our deposit on a 2022 ZS232 in March, patiently waiting, dealer is hoping that we can go into production sometime in December or January....the wait is not easy - lol. We came out of a mastercraft and committed to the zs strictly based off of a ridiculous amount of online research. We got lucky and were able to test ride a 2022 zs212 and see, touch, feel one for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It confirmed our decision and we were blown away by the "size" of the boat. Its alot of boat with a lot of freeboard. 

I've been a little concerned about layout and internal size of the 232 but all my concerns are put to rest. Not going to lie, the new s240 has made me consider whether we should opt for the 240 and the 16 passenger rating vs the 232 and the 14 passenger rating. At the end of the day we are going to stay with the 232 because we just like the lines of the hull, pickle fork, and the additional freeboard way too much. Such a unique aggressive looking boat on the water. 

With that being said, they killed it with the S240. Really good looking boat. Boardco released a great walkthrough on youtube. 

December/January cant come fast enough! Daydreaming abt the 232.

Enjoy your guys posts! Thank you for the info!!

Troy. R    198

Congrats @Hudzon!

Do you know what color combo you’re going to go with yet?

Hudzon    3

Sorry for the delayed response

Our plan is to go solid white gel, white tower, white speakers with mocha main pannel/mocha boxing/white accents. We did splurge for the salute to service package. Love and appreciate our military - especially in times like these. 

Edited by Hudzon

Troy. R    198
5 hours ago, Hudzon said:

Sorry for the delayed response

Our plan is to go solid white gel, white tower, white speakers with mocha main pannel/mocha boxing/white accents. We did splurge for the salute to service package. Love and appreciate our military - especially in times like these. 

Nice!

I haven’t seen the S2S package on a ZS. What does it include? Do they do a ghost flag in the gel coat or anything like that?

The green Ri237 S2S is probably my favorite boat I’ve ever seen…

100% agree with you on the love and appreciation for our military.

Hudzon    3

I wish they ghosted the flag into the gel, we actually asked if this could be done. When the time comes closer we will know - to the extent of my knowledge they do not do this. 

The S2S basically comes with the gatorstep package and the flag holders. And yeah, completely agree with you, that green Ri S2S is out of control!