Jace18

Axis A22 or ATX 22 Type-S?

Jace18    0

Hey everyone! I've been playing with the idea of one day getting a wakesurf boat and the two options I've been looking into recently are the Axis A22 and ATX 22 Type-S. I am a novice so the helm features the ATX has are very appealing compared to the Axis but the Axis seems to have a superior surf experience in most opinions. Is the difference in the quality of wake from the Axis worth it or would I not even notice a difference since I'm a novice? I appreciate any and all feedback!

Troy. R    198

I bought a Supreme ZS232 last year after looking at all of the $100k-ish 23’-24’ boats. The build quality, vinyl quality, and overall quality was much better in the Supreme than the ATX or Axis in my opinion, though I must admit the ATX had the best helm/dash. The fiberglass felt thin as well as the vinyl to me on both the Axis and ATX. The ATX dealer even told me the fiberglass was not as thick on the ATX as it is on Tige (same company).

You might want to consider looking at the Supreme ZS212, or ZS232 (since you are asking the question on a Supreme forum). The Supreme is not only a superior built boat with superior vinyl, it also has a better power plant that is easier to do standard maintenance on (PCM),will be more fuel efficient, and will have the best surf wave BY FAR without the need for lead or other extra ballast. Here are a few links:

All that said, if you’re set on one of those two boats, I’d probably lean toward the ATX.

69C10    2

Going to post this here as I most certainly don’t want to start a new thread.

Anyone see the new axis T220? It looks pretty decent IMO, just not sure how anyone could get past that tower, I don’t think I could live with it. Be nice to see a comparison between it and a ZS212. 

2 years ago at the boat show, I crawled around an A22 and ATX22, overall I thought the atx felt cheaper and boring. I didn’t even see the supreme/centurion booth at the show (mostly because they weren’t even on my radar at the time so I didn’t go looking for it), a direct comparison at the time would have been nice, although I probably would have got suckered into “boat show prices” on the ZS right then and there. 

stuntmanx8    0
On 9/8/2021 at 11:25 AM, 69C10 said:

Going to post this here as I most certainly don’t want to start a new thread.

Anyone see the new axis T220? It looks pretty decent IMO, just not sure how anyone could get past that tower, I don’t think I could live with it. Be nice to see a comparison between it and a ZS212. 

2 years ago at the boat show, I crawled around an A22 and ATX22, overall I thought the atx felt cheaper and boring. I didn’t even see the supreme/centurion booth at the show (mostly because they weren’t even on my radar at the time so I didn’t go looking for it), a direct comparison at the time would have been nice, although I probably would have got suckered into “boat show prices” on the ZS right then and there. 

I was able to water test a 2022 T220 and the 2022 a22. Those boats with surf gates eaaaaat fuel.. Their T220 with the new hull does surf well, but the boat feels cheap. It's deffinately not a Supreme s22. That boat is why I threw them my wallet and ordered one.