Sign in to follow this  
mateospeed

2004 Cylone - Fluid in hull below stern lockers

mateospeed    0

Hi, folks.  Picked up a 2004 Cyclone a few weeks ago, and have been working on it since.  Something has me stumped, and searching here and on the facebook group hasn't lead me anywhere.  
I seem to have a large volume of fluid below the rear lockers, both sides of the engine.  It's almost like there are ballast tanks there, but I don't see any indications of there actually being any.  I suspect a leak between the hull sections that has filled this volume, and can't escape.  Anyone have any experience with this?  Am I an idiot, and there should be some kind of fluid in there?  Am I correct in thinking the fuel tank stops forward of the engine compartment?  The fuel line certainly seems to indicate so.  
Thanks in advance, 
-Engineer Matt

Troy. R    198

Hi Matt,
Depending on the options your boat came with, you might have ballast tanks in the lockers that are covered by a carpeted platform. As for the fuel tank, you ate correct, it is forward of the engine compartment.
If you can post pictures, that would be helpful in diagnosing your water issue.

beau t    8

Hey Matt,

Are you looking for a leak or or trying to figure out if the hull has low spot? I have a 07 that will hold (a little) water at the bottom side of the motor which seems like a low spot because it dosen't run to where the plug is. Is your bilge pump working, and also where are you taking water in from, if its from people getting back into the boat wet then great if not start checking to find where its coming from. Can you add a pic to help us understand what your dealing with.    Thanks Beau

Edited by beau t

Troy. R    198

To Beau’s point, if you’re looking for a leak, the shaft seal is the first place I would look. That said, you mentioned “lockers”, so is assumed you were not talking about the bilge area under the engine/trans/v-drive…

• Like 1

enzo101mo    98

First what color is the fluid   If it’s red  it’s the transmission if it’s brownish it could be your V Drive. Also check fluid levels in both